The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black Sheep winch cover

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
Was not really happy with the factory winch cover for European plastic bumper.
When I saw Black Sheep has engineered practical solution I was convinced immediately.
As they are in Switzerland I could arrange to buy the winch cover at their location.
Thanks to @Black Sheep for making this possible. I see team is really enthusiastic about the grenadier and have plenty of ideas. The are more than busy to develop, produce and ship all this great stuff! I will for sure come back.

Watch out for their homepage. Next week they plan to add the winch cover and many more interesting articles to their shop!

Below some fotos from the festival. I will mount mine next weekend.
First impression: precise laser cut and finish. As an engineer like the great quality!
Flap two small lever and flip up winch cover. No screwdriver needed 😀.
Will let you know how easy the mounting is.

Attachments

• WinchCover1.jpeg
    WinchCover1.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 158
  • WinchCover2.jpeg
    WinchCover2.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 139
  • WinchCover3.jpeg
    WinchCover3.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 157

delimar76

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome. It would be great if you could document the installation. I have the same product, however, it came without instructions and since you need the drill the bumper, and the use of bits and pieces that came in the package are not 100% clear, I was hoping to get some guidenance from the manufacturer. Unfortunately they fail to answer emails :(

Deepblue

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome. It would be great if you could document the installation. I have the same product, however, it came without instructions and since you need the drill the bumper, and the use of bits and pieces that came in the package are not 100% clear, I was hoping to get some guidenance from the manufacturer. Unfortunately they fail to answer emails :(
Hi @delimar76 will get back with details.

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @delimar76 will get back with details.

I’m going there on Feb 29 to install the roof mount and Molle panels. Have tried getting in touch with some follow-up questions but they are not answering emails anymore 🤔. Seems like more people have experienced this. The curse of being popular I guess.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:10 AM
Reaction score
Was not really happy with the factory winch cover for European plastic bumper.
When I saw Black Sheep has engineered practical solution I was convinced immediately.
As they are in Switzerland I could arrange to buy the winch cover at their location.
Thanks to @Black Sheep for making this possible. I see team is really enthusiastic about the grenadier and have plenty of ideas. The are more than busy to develop, produce and ship all this great stuff! I will for sure come back.

Watch out for their homepage. Next week they plan to add the winch cover and many more interesting articles to their shop!

Below some fotos from the festival. I will mount mine next weekend.
First impression: precise laser cut and finish. As an engineer like the great quality!
Flap two small lever and flip up winch cover. No screwdriver needed 😀.
Will let you know how easy the mounting is.
Hi Deepblue, Do you know if they are making a winch cover for the North American Market? Would be great if they did. DaBull

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m going there on Feb 29 to install the roof mount and Molle panels. Have tried getting in touch with some follow-up questions but they are not answering emails anymore 🤔. Seems like more people have experienced this. The curse of being popular I guess.
Hi marcusnilsson, When you go there on Feb 29, can you check to see if they will be making a winch cover for the North American Market as the bumper set up is different there. Let us know what you find out. DaBull

Deepblue

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have installed the Black Sheep winch cover today. And took some pictures during the process.
See attached description.

@delimar76 hope this helps.

Attachments

• Installation of Black Sheep Winch Cover.pdf
    756.3 KB · Views: 49
  • winch_cover1.jpg
    winch_cover1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 93
  • winch_cover2.jpg
    winch_cover2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95

Deepblue

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Deepblue, Do you know if they are making a winch cover for the North American Market? Would be great if they did. DaBull
Hi DaBull, I was aware of two different bumper versions: steel Australia and plastic European model. Do you know what difference the North American model vs the European one?
I'm sure Black Sheep would be open to have a look at such different version.

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have installed the Black Sheep winch cover today.
Hi deepblue ,
I have written to blacksheep twice, but unfortunately have not yet received an answer if the winch cover has a general operating licence (or whatever is required for this) for Germany/EU. Do you know this?
Thanx

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi DaBull, I was aware of two different bumper versions: steel Australia and plastic European model. Do you know what difference the North American model vs the European one?
I'm sure Black Sheep would be open to have a look at such different version.
HI Deepblue, Sorry for the delayed response. I believe the European bumper is longer and has more plastic where USA bumper is shorter and steel and has less plastic.
Not an expert on the differences. Would be hopeful that Blacksheep and others would make winch covers that fit both styles. DaBull

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bump -
I am looking for winch cover or replacement flip up license holder for NA bumper. Only a matter of time before I break the plastic one.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom