The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black Sheep ARB Dual Compressor Mount.

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
Just ordered the Black Sheep ARB dual compressor mount. These guys make great stuff (I have their rock rails/steps coming too!). Looking to see if anyone has actually put a system in and have wired it up. Curious as to how you did it. Thanks in advance.

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just ordered the Black Sheep ARB dual compressor mount. These guys make great stuff (I have their rock rails/steps coming too!). Looking to see if anyone has actually put a system in and have wired it up. Curious as to how you did it. Thanks in advance.
If you don't mind me asking, how much were the Black Sheep rock sliders with steps shipped to CT?

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how much were the Black Sheep rock sliders with steps shipped to CT?
$2115 or thereabouts without shipping. I had more in my order that added to shipping. Maybe $2600 with shipping for just the rails and steps. INEOS wanted $1065 for a set of Chinese made powder coated steel rails that will likely rust in time and have dubious stepping up. Black Sheep cost me more than double but I get stainless steel. I will take pictures of my set up and report on quality. Based on the hours of videos I have watched, these boys are squared away. Expensive but squared away.

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
$2115 or thereabouts without shipping. I had more in my order that added to shipping. Maybe $2600 with shipping for just the rails and steps. INEOS wanted $1065 for a set of Chinese made powder coated steel rails that will likely rust in time and have dubious stepping up. Black Sheep cost me more than double but I get stainless steel. I will take pictures of my set up and report on quality. Based on the hours of videos I have watched, these boys are squared away. Expensive but squared away.
Thank you, that is pricey, but one should expect to pay for high-quality.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Vwery interested in doing teh same. Keep me posted and any installation tips much appreciated

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just wrote a post on the rails. Phenomenal quality. Will be installing the ARB dual compressor tomorrow. Put the primary mounting plate in tonight...another solid Black Sheep product. Trying to figure out the wiring path to the batteries. I think I will need to pull up the back floor decking. I will document as I go along.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
I just wrote a post on the rails. Phenomenal quality. Will be installing the ARB dual compressor tomorrow. Put the primary mounting plate in tonight...another solid Black Sheep product. Trying to figure out the wiring path to the batteries. I think I will need to pull up the back floor decking. I will document as I go along.
Thought the wiring was to use the nato plug

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They seem to have just come out with a spare wheel mount that uses the NATO plug. I opted for the unit that sits where the pump jack was fitted from the factory. I plan on putting my hoses in the spare wheel secured cubby.

Local time
Reaction score
. INEOS wanted $1065 for a set of Chinese made powder coated steel rails that will likely rust in time and have dubious stepping up.
I didn't know that. Where did you find that tidbit of fact?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
The rails and side steps are from EGR I think.
EGR is an Australian company that manufactures in Australia and the USA for those markets but I think the Ineos items are made in either their China or Thailand plants
My sidesteps have done 11,500 kms with about 3,000 of these on gravel roads.
I can't see any sign of wear on them yet.
They are excellent for getting in and out.
I would have a lot of difficulty without them and kids would have no chance.
I don't step on the door sills at all.
1711661648440.jpg
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqi1XwUAi2w

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They seem to have just come out with a spare wheel mount that uses the NATO plug. I opted for the unit that sits where the pump jack was fitted from the factory. I plan on putting my hoses in the spare wheel secured cubby.
Hi ethree, Did you install a single cylinder ARB Air Compressor or dual compressor.
DaBull

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dual. Mounts nice. Pulled the wire thru to the starter battery. Did some splicing, shortened the harness. Clean. Everything was going well…

Then tonight, I had one last step. Connect to the starter battery. Well, I disconnected the negative terminal then connected it and now both front and rear diff locks flash—and getting other errors.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dual. Mounts nice. Pulled the wire thru to the starter battery. Did some splicing, shortened the harness. Clean. Everything was going well…

Then tonight, I had one last step. Connect to the starter battery. Well, I disconnected the negative terminal then connected it and now both front and rear diff locks flash—and getting other errors.
Those random errors should clear automatically after a few minutes of driving. It's a known quirk after disconnecting then reconnecting the starter battery.

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Those random errors should clear automatically after a few minutes of driving. It's a known quirk after disconnecting then reconnecting the starter battery.
Clark, you were spot on. Error lights went off before I was out of my driveway. Thank you for that!

Connected everything up. Power is to the compressor—all good. Now I need to figure out the switch. I have the ARB switch and have cut away the harness because I will never use air lockers on my Grenadier. I need to figure that out next. I’m no electrical whizz kidd but I do know that there is only a purple and black wire coming out of the male plug, while a red, purple and black wire go into the female (coming directly off the compressor). Need to figure that out next.

The Black Sheep mount is superb, once I figure out the switch situation, I will install the cover plate. I’ll take pictures when I am done.

Thanks again Clark!

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Clark, you were spot on. Error lights went off before I was out of my driveway. Thank you for that!

Connected everything up. Power is to the compressor—all good. Now I need to figure out the switch. I have the ARB switch and have cut away the harness because I will never use air lockers on my Grenadier. I need to figure that out next. I’m no electrical whizz kidd but I do know that there is only a purple and black wire coming out of the male plug, while a red, purple and black wire go into the female (coming directly off the compressor). Need to figure that out next.

The Black Sheep mount is superb, once I figure out the switch situation, I will install the cover plate. I’ll take pictures when I am done.

Thanks again Clark!
The ARB installation instructions clearly show how to attach the different colored wires to the numbered locations on the back of the switch. I did my comp install last week and it fired up right the first time.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Chinese whispers.
aka "I heard my mate's wife's 2nd cousin's dog talking about it after a few beers"
aka, and I quote somebody unstable: "China. China China"

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Their manufacture location is China. A few things, and I mean few, are from China on this truck.

Their bar is made of steel and powder coated. Seen that before and scratch it and the rust is like cancer.

Black Sheep makes theirs from stainless steel and powder coats it. The steps are aluminum. The screws are aluminum (I think) on the steps and stainless for the frame bolts.

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
image004.jpeg

Black Sheep was kind enough to provide this diagram for a simple switch. Just need to make sure the diode is pointed in the right direction. I put it near the battery connection.

Wire install was neat. Almost looks factory. Compressor is now operational. Will take some pictures before I put the cover on.

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

IMG_0175.jpeg
Just put it on the mount a few days ago. Main harness goes above the wheel arch (plenty of room) then right around the back seat and to the starter battery. Disregard the wiring—much of this wiring was tossed…more photos to come.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7850724
Just put it on the mount a few days ago. Main harness goes above the wheel arch (plenty of room) then right around the back seat and to the starter battery. Disregard the wiring—much of this wiring was tossed…more photos to come.
I agree, that wiring is, from what I can see in the photo, is totally inadequate for the power draw.

Back
Top Bottom