The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
As much as I like the Bison version, inclined to opt for the one from APB Trading. Main reason being, living in the UK I will pay Polish VAT (only reclaimable with a world of pain and paperwork), Postage, UK import duty, and UK VAT. The UK VAT is not 20% on the basic price of the article but also 20% on, postage, import tax, etc.
Having bought a roof rack, they didn't charge me Polish vat, I just paid UK vat and an admin charge to FedEx. It actually worked out a small amount cheaper than buying it in France.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
APB parcel shelf fitted in around 40 minutes. Very happy with the quality, posting, etc. The shelf is steel and is just over 1mm thick. (Not measured, so may have to correct that detail). Fitting was straight forward however, some of the screws seem a bit too long for the domed nuts that come as part of the kit. An extra washer for each fitting may be required. Also, I may look to fit some form of gasket between the shelf and brackets in order to silence any form of drumming noise. Once the shelf is screwed tight, which should be done only when fully fitted, the shelf is under tension and so I was a bit surprised at the noise. This is something I think I can rectify. First impressions overall are very positive.
Only negative is that I can no longer use my wire guard as supplied with the SW. The top fittings have been used by the shelf. It might be possible to jerry rig something but not checked as yet.
For reference I have also fitted the brackets which allow the rear seats to be inclined further. The shelf is set back far enough that I don't envisage any clash of heads with very tall passengers.

PS. Apologies if not directly for the Bison Gear thread however, it is a comparison of what else is out there.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpeg
    IMG_0708.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0707.jpeg
    IMG_0707.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0709.jpeg
    IMG_0709.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0705.jpeg
    IMG_0705.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
Looks pretty good Cheshire.

Sounds like the squeaks can be ironed out. I would think something like a 3M tape would be good for that. Just enough to hold the offending pieces apart and will aid with rigidity and strength. 👍

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks pretty good Cheshire.

Sounds like the squeaks can be ironed out. I would think something like a 3M tape would be good for that. Just enough to hold the offending pieces apart and will aid with rigidity and strength. 👍
Hi Shaky
Sounds are all gone. Absolutely solid now. Added a spring washer to each fitting. Overall, very happy.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
Is that a camera mirror? If so, I’m trying to stay moderately low tech, so might not be an option. If it is a light bending mirror, then I’m totally in!
It's a very easy install or your local car toys or other mobile electronics shop should be able to do it. It's a vast improvement over visibility through the stock mirror for me.

Back
Top Bottom