The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Belstaff Jackets

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
most of the Porsche driver do not have the money of a Porsche driver neither...
OK: I do however not have the money a standard Porsche driver pretends to have. :cool:

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
Stopped smoking three years ago. Now I'm "vaping".

Still not optimal, but
- costs less (20ct/day)
- no more tar
- no more carbon monoxide.

In particular the latter two are a 90% improvement over smoking. And I'll hopefully quit vaping as well soon.
I stopped smoking in 1978 when they hit $0.45 a pack. I had left home and moved to Sydney to find a job. Had a choice between cigarettes and food. Picked up a job paying $75 a week for Monday to Friday and half day Saturday. My rent was $55 a week. Luckily I turned 16 a couple of months later and my pay went up by $2.26 a week.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
12:59 AM
Reaction score
In face of about 320.000 cigarettes I smoked in my life, I'm still in pretty good shape.

But I stopped smoking three years ago. Now I'm "vaping".

Still not optimal, but
- costs less (20ct/day)
- no more tar

In particular the latter two are a 90% improvement over smoking. And I'll hopefully soon quit vaping as well.
Although that picture wouldn't have looked half as cool if you had a vape in your hand 😂 😂 different times.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I've got a Vanson motorcycle jacket if anyone wants it. It was $600 about 20 years ago, and has been well-cared for, and frankly, not used very much. It has perforations on the front, and an inner liner you can unzip so that you get a little air flow on hot days. Very heavy leather, and it will protect you as well as any jacket (other than body armor).

P.S. - This is not me :)

Vanson_Leather.png

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In face of about 320.000 cigarettes I smoked in my life, I'm still in pretty good shape.

But I stopped smoking three years ago. Now I'm "vaping".

Still not optimal, but
- costs less (20ct/day)
- no more tar

In particular the latter two are a 90% improvement over smoking. And I'll hopefully soon quit vaping as well.
that's a pack a day (20) for 45 years!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
About like this.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A very quick google search states when Ineos bought Belstaff they moved production back to the UK. So yes there are skilled workers in the west.
A friend of mine owns a very cool old school shop. They sell Doc Martins, those made in the UK are more expensive than the “Chinese” ones. Take longer to break in but last a LOT longer.
Maybe the cheaper Aussie Belstaffs are made in China.?

Incidentally the Barbour Classic waxed jackets are also still made in the UK….
I bought a Belstaff Trialmaster waxed jacket last year and they are made in Albania, I don't think that is a county in England. Maybe like the Grenadier there was an intention to make them again in England but when the numbers were crunched production remained elsewhere.

There is no Australian Belstaff shop or website, you need to purchase via the UK site and they ship to Australia or many other far flung locales. As I have ordered a Trialmaster edition and don't need another Trialmaster jacket was hoping to get a Fieldmaster jacket instead......

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Every time I want to buy some King Gee shorts I have to buy them from a website in the USA, hence I bulk buy a dozen at a time and hope not to need a bigger size within 2 years. Same but different. Costs me a small fortune in duty but you can't beat KG's

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
someone mentioned on here that while at Goodwood an Ineos rep said the first contracts were due to be rolled out Friday this week. No doubt will hear here soon after any actually received.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
My plan as of now is a Trialmaster (which up until today I thought was TRAIL- master) and if someone is willing to throw $500 my way for the jacket I’d dance a jig. I know style is style and every area has its own look, but I’d never wear those jackets. Something from Carhartt, Patagonia, Mountain Hardwear, etc, yes, but Belstaff just isn’t me.

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
There doesn’t seem to be a mention of the Belstaff jacket on the contract. Do we think we are still getting one with the Belstaff editions?

Reactions: PBD

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good question

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom