The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Battery %

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
That's if you could push it... 🥵
Related but unrelated, when I first got my Series II, I drove over to the HS in late August to start setting up my classroom. The parking lot I was in was rather small and the road to it was downhill. Well, when I went to leave, the truck wouldn’t start. I fettered around but no luck. By happenstance, the freshmen football team (American FB) were running by and coach made them push my 88 uphill so I could pop start it. It was 90+ and they were in full gear-certainly was a workout for them!

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Related but unrelated, when I first got my Series II, I drove over to the HS in late August to start setting up my classroom. The parking lot I was in was rather small and the road to it was downhill. Well, when I went to leave, the truck wouldn’t start. I fettered around but no luck. By happenstance, the freshmen football team (American FB) were running by and coach made them push my 88 uphill so I could pop start it. It was 90+ and they were in full gear-certainly was a workout for them!
moral to that story is always park a Landy facing down hill :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fieldmaster Diesel - Ive driven 360 mile on motorway in last 2 days and battery is still only 88%.
Total miles so far 1100.
Wonder if this is a true figure or some sort of calibration issue in the software? Not that I know what i'm talking about.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
Fieldmaster Diesel - Ive driven 360 mile on motorway in last 2 days and battery is still only 88%.
Total miles so far 1100.
Wonder if this is a true figure or some sort of calibration issue in the software? Not that I know what i'm talking about.
Even worse for me. 450 mile, mostly motorway, 1650 miles on clock, battery at 78%?
However, stop start is active, so I think it is the computer at fault?

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Even worse for me. 450 mile, mostly motorway, 1650 miles on clock, battery at 78%?
I turn my stop start off mostly

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I turn my stop start off mostly
”Me Too” if that is appropriate 😂, just saying it is working, I just forget to switch it off most times, until lit fires up and I use the kill switch!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
Total miles so far 1100.
Here's a chart of voltage vs state of charge for lead acid batteries. The main screen also shows voltage on the "electrical" page in (I think) the "Off Road" section.
You could compare the battery % and corresponding voltage on the screens with the chart below to determine whether they correspond.
As well, you could measure the main battery voltage with a multimeter either with the engine cold or say 10 mins after shutting it down, and compare that with the screen readouts. I haven't done that as yet... but it was/is on the list of things to do...

1690021221334.png

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Petrol Grenadier utility had a battery charge of 98% yesterday on 176mile run. The Diesel Grenadier I had on loan only got up to 75% charge after 350 over a few days. Could this be that the loan vehicle had been in the showroom for weeks without a maintenance charge where as my own vehicle has had a couple of maintenance charges with the smart charger since I’ve owned it. I personally think a good charge with a smart charger once a month is a good policy.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I like to give mine a maintenance charge 2-3 times during the winter period with my NOCO charger. Keeps them in fine fettle, if it all does go wrong I also have a little battery pack jump start thing. It’s rated to start up to 10ltr diesels so my little 3ltr petrol should not be a challenge for it. I know it’s already started a 4ltr V8.

My own experience is similar to Logsplitters IG. Petrol and after 175 miles it was at 97%

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like to give mine a maintenance charge 2-3 times during the winter period with my NOCO charger. Keeps them in fine fettle, if it all does go wrong I also have a little battery pack jump start thing. It’s rated to start up to 10ltr diesels so my little 3ltr petrol should not be a challenge for it. I know it’s already started a 4ltr V8.

My own experience is similar to Logsplitters IG. Petrol and after 175 miles it was at 97%
Keeping a jump start pack such as Noco boost on board is a good insurance policy.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Having experienced and witnessed batteries “shit their guts”, as a very eloquent Aussie once described it, with no prior warning. I decided that yes, they are a good idea to travel with. Especially now running all auto’s that can’t be bump started.

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I carry a Gooloo GT3000 jump starter after trawling youtube reviews. Also handy for the ride-on mower and the moped.

Attachments

• PXL_20220719_220945382.jpg
    PXL_20220719_220945382.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 12

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I carry a Gooloo GT3000 jump starter after trawling youtube reviews. Also handy for the ride-on mower and the moped.

Yep, just checked and the Gooloo GP4000 for me. I like the belt and braces, plus a bit of bailing twine and then double up, just to be safe approach on most things 😂

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It would be interesting if you both drove with the off road electrical screen up and monitored the rate of charge.

Reactions: PBD

AWo

Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
For overlanding you better use a condensator/capacity based jump starter. No loading required.

AWo

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It would be interesting if you both drove with the off road electrical screen up and monitored the rate of charge.
I have done this whilst towing on the M5 for many miles and it is normally 3A. Cruise control set at 60mph.

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I have done this whilst towing on the M5 for many miles and it is normally 3A. Cruise control set at 60mph.
Can you see the voltage displayed when it's charging at 3A?

Reactions: PBD

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok back after a 50 mile drive, mainly single track roads so quite slow driving.
kept an eye on the charging rate, mainly 1A, sometimes up to 4A. 14.2v most of time but as high as 14.9v.
83% charge when finished.
Now I have my reading glasses I’m off to check if I do by some miracle have two agm’s, I suspect not🤣

Back
Top Bottom