The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary Battery

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
La décharge rapide n'est pas normale.

Par contre le comportement du CTEK Smartpass est normal, et a été étudié en détail par @DCPU dans le passé, je crois vers le mois de septembre. Le Smartpass recharge par impulsions la batterie principale en utilisant l'auxiliaire. L'autre lumière "consommateur" indique qu'un consommateur "peut" être connecté au troisième pôle, ce que Ineos ne veut pas, ce qui explique le bouchon en plastique.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
when did they start doing that ? i better check mine as i was in for service last month .. can someone post a pic of the new one .
Hi @beg my vehicle was built in January 2023. I took delivery of the vehicle at the beginning of April 2023 with the CTEK shown. I already had the vehicle in the workshop in August 2023 for an oil change and now again about 1 week ago for a major service and reduction gearbox replacement.
The CTEK was definitely not replaced! I had also marked it with a small marker at the time, as this rumour of the replacement had already been discussed somewhere a year ago. I don't see why the device should be replaced again. Don't let yourself be put off.

Attachments

• IMG_3775.jpg
    IMG_3775.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 49

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
They replaced the CTek on my first Grenadier (delivery in June 2023) in November 2023 with the no-name version.

Without notice to me.

Last edited:

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
They replaced the CTek on my first Grenadier (delivery in June 2023) in November 2023 with the no-name version.

Without notice to me.
That’s very shady - shame on the dealer for doing that - that’s effectively stealing. The vehicle and everything in it is your property, not the dealer’s. If this is part of a recall from Ineos then you should have been notified before they swapped it out.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Hi @beg my vehicle was built in January 2023. I took delivery of the vehicle at the beginning of April 2023 with the CTEK shown. I already had the vehicle in the workshop in August 2023 for an oil change and now again about 1 week ago for a major service and reduction gearbox replacement.
The CTEK was definitely not replaced! I had also marked it with a small marker at the time, as this rumour of the replacement had already been discussed somewhere a year ago. I don't see why the device should be replaced again. Don't let yourself be put off.
I checked mine yesterday and looks like the original is still on I got mine serviced a couple of weeks back and have had my transfer box done around 6 months ago but I will definitely mark my ctek as it will be going in for some warranty work in the near future.

Attachments

• IMG_20240412_112911.jpg
    IMG_20240412_112911.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 41

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Without notice to me.
Not the most customer oriented way of communication from the dealer.

And what was the new unit like? How was the functionality? same, same or any better?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
I checked mine yesterday and looks like the original is still on I got mine serviced a couple of weeks back and have had my transfer box done around 6 months ago but I will definitely mark my ctek as it will be going in for some warranty work in the near future.
I would ask the dealer directly that you are informed in advance before parts are replaced. I have a good relationship of trust with my dealer. For example, I told him that I didn't want my rubber seals at the bottom of the doors to be cut open because my doors are tight. We talk about the work in advance.

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour à tous.
Je poursuis mes recherches sur le système de gestion de l'énergie électrique du Grenadier.
En quatre jours sans faire tourner le moteur, la batterie a perdu 33 % de sa charge (96 - 63).

1713105511161.jpg

1713104596443.jpg

Contact mis mais moteur arrêté, en observant le tableau de bord Off Road / Electricité, je me suis rendu compte que le module CTEK Smartpass 120 S charge la batterie principale à partir de la batterie secondaire pendant une à deux secondes et cela toutes les 15 secondes environ.
Le voyant jaune est allumé sur le CTEK indiquant un retour de courant vers la batterie principale depuis la batterie secondaire. Ce transfert d'énergie est attesté par l'information d'un courant de charge alors que le moteur est arrêté et une tension de batterie principale qui augmente légèrement pendant quelques instants.

Moteur arrêté, le système de gestion indique un courant de décharge de décharge (à 11h35) de 10 A pour une tension de 12,1 Volts.

1713105580961.jpg

1713104986258.jpg
Quelques secondes après (11h36) , le système indique un courant de charge de 13 A pendant une à deux secondes.

1713105615458.jpg

1713104923441.jpg

Ce phénomène se reproduit toutes les 15 secondes environ comme le montre le film ci-après

Le voyant jaune du CTEK passe en jaune quelques secondes comme précisé dans la documentation

1713105659523.jpg

1713105207176.jpg

Photo du boitier CTEK ici.
1713105353104.jpg

Ce fonctionnement est très surprenant.
Est-ce que quelqu'un dispose du schéma électrique complet avec le CTEK, les deux piles et les boites à fusible ?
Merci d'avance de votre retour.

1713105690861.jpg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And what was the new unit like? How was the functionality? same, same or any better?
No. Charging is still as strange as it was. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow, sometimes not at all.

As for the suspected theft, they will tell you that the device was broken and the intended replacement is this no-name thing. No chance of successfully complaining.

And as far as I know, in the campaigns the agents are given clear instructions by INEOS on what to do. So this doesn't seem to be their choice. But they should anyway inform their customers. This doesn't however happen at my agent, as their attitude to customers seems to be like

"We (agents) know what to do, while you non-technical customers have no idea, so we don't discuss it."

They didn't say it literally, but that's exactly how I feel. There is no interest in entering into a technical exchange with customers because we customers are, by definition, clueless chatterboxes. And there is really evidence that they have no interest in sharing information they don't have to share: they (my agent) give no insight into "campaign" instructions, no insight into the handover checklist, no information elsewhere.

There mey be agents which are different. But I can only tell about my personal experience.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
No. Charging is still as strange as it was. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow, sometimes not at all.

As for the suspected theft, they will tell you that the device was broken and the intended replacement is this no-name thing. No chance of successfully complaining.

And as far as I know, in the campaigns the agents are given clear instructions by INEOS on what to do. So this doesn't seem to be their choice. But they should anyway inform their customers. This doesn't however happen at my agent, as their attitude to customers seems to be like

"We (agents) know what to do, while you non-technical customers have no idea, so we don't discuss it."

They didn't say it literally, but that's exactly how I feel. There is no interest in entering into a technical exchange with customers because we customers are, by definition, clueless chatterboxes. And there is really evidence that they have no interest in sharing information they don't have to share: they (my agent) give no insight into "campaign" instructions, no insight into the handover checklist, no information elsewhere.

There mey be agents which are different. But I can only tell about my personal experience.
@emax is it not just a CTEK unit without the consumer markings?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour
Mon boitier CTEK ne dispose pas de marquage.
View attachment 7853020
Bonjour @Mr. Largo WINCH

Unfortunately I’m unable to offer an idea as to your present charging symptoms - I presume you have checked for any consumers that are improperly isolated or consuming on standby?

The other question I have is whether the battery temperature sensor of the CTEK might affect charging performance.
In desert conditions I found that area became somewhat warm, perhaps wanting more ventilation.

Malheureusement, je ne suis pas en mesure de vous donner une idée de vos symptômes de charge actuels - je suppose que vous avez vérifié la présence de consommateurs qui sont mal isolés ou qui consomment en attente ?

L'autre question que je me pose est de savoir si le capteur de température de la batterie du CTEK pourrait affecter les performances de charge.

Dans des conditions désertiques, j'ai constaté que cette zone est devenue un peu chaude, voulant peut-être plus de ventilation.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
Not derail the conversation, but a quick side bar. For those that do not have the aux battery but have the Aux panel, do you guys still have a ctek120 or no?

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour à tous.
Poursuite des investigations pour identifier les raisons de la décharge rapide de la batterie principale (Starter) de l'INEOS Grenadier en version Trialmaster Diesel avec tableau électrique complémentaire et seconde batterie auxiliaire.
J'ai sans doute trouver la raison du dysfonctionnement...
L'explication sur le lien
https://drive.google.com/.../1uY4pdMGD0QMfdHNfb1R.../view...
Il est souvent utile de revenir à la documentation. En relisant celle du CTEK 120 S, j'ai identifié que le CTEK 120 S devait être raccordé par un câble "Smart Alternator Cable" (rouge) au contact du véhicule "Ignition", pour les véhicules équipés d'un alternateur intelligent (Smart Alternateur) raccordé à un bus de communication LIN (ce qui est le cas du Grenadier). En inspectant le compartiment batterie, j'ai découvert que le câble "Smart Alternator Cable" n'était pas raccordé et était protégé par un embout de gaine thermo appliqué en usine (?). Pour les versions équipées d'une seconde batterie et du tableau électrique complémentaire "forte charge", il était prévu un compresseur derrière la batterie auxiliaire. Ce compresseur n'a pas été installé en usine, en revanche, l'arrivée électrique 12 Volts 30 A est bien présente et accompagnée d'un fil de commande (jaune) relié au contact du véhicule. C'est justement ce qui manque pour raccorder le CTEK. J'ai donc raccordé le "Smart Alternator cable" du CTEK au fil jaune relié au contact du véhicule (initialement prévu pour commander le relais d'alimentation du compresseur). Le fonctionnement de la charge est totalement transformé et la batterie neuve tombée à 89 % en deux jours (batterie neuve), est remontée à 96 % en 15 à 20 minutes de moteur.
J'attends 24 h pour mesurer à nouveau la tension batterie mais je pense avoir trouvé la cause du dysfonctionnement. Il est tout de même surprenant qu'INEOS n'ait pas correctement installé le coupleur CTEK.

1713466438712.jpg
1713466471109.jpg

Attachments

• 01 CETEK.JPG
    01 CETEK.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 05 CETEK.JPG
    05 CETEK.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 04 CETEK.JPG
    04 CETEK.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 03 CETEK.JPG
    03 CETEK.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 02 CETEK.JPG
    02 CETEK.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 30

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well done.

Last time I looked this cable was not connected in my car and I did not have this issue, I wonder why? I also have a dual battery setup, from factory.

I now have the 250SE mated to the 120S and I should look to see if the auto electrician connected that cable. Everything is working really well, however it is wired. Note to self: go and look.

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bonsoir,
J'ai effectué des mesures de tension sur la batterie principale et sur la batterie auxiliaire pour tenter de comprendre la raison de la décharge rapide de la batterie principale lorsque l'on utilise pas le véhicule.
J'ai déconnecté la masse de la batterie principale comme je l'avais fait pour changer la batterie.
Tension mesurée aux bornes de la batterie principale raccordée à la masse du véhicule : 12,76 Volts
Tension mesurée aux bornes de la batterie auxiliaire : 12,93 Volts.

Déconnexion de la masse de la batterie principale.
Tension mesurée aux bornes de la batterie principale (déconnectée de la masse du véhicule) : 12,81 Volts
Tension mesurée aux bornes de la batterie auxiliaire : 12,93 Volts

Je ne parviens pas à expliquer la différence de tension à vide (12,81 Volts) et la tension Batterie raccordée à la masse du véhicule (12,75 Volts) sans l'existence d'un courant de fuite qui fait chuter la tension.
Avez-vous le même phénomène ?

A la remise en route moteur, j'ai des messages d'erreur ABS et ESC OFF, Affichage d'un dysfonctionnement Blocage de différentiels AV et AR à l'écran, clignotement des boutons au tableau supérieur et perte de l'information "Pression des pneus"

Existe-t-il une procédure de réinitialisation ?
Merci de vos retours.

1713637987651.jpg
1713637706452.jpg1713637800148.jpg1713637853346.jpg1713637903147.jpg

Back
Top Bottom