The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Assistance from other times, INEOS in Flying colors... (technical manager for Italy arrived by plane with the technician from Germany)

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
Assistance from other times, standing ovation to Ineos and its technicians.
For a pressure loss from a sensor, a/c dead. 35-40° C. and prospect in ten days of crossing Italy without a/c.
Summer holidays on the way and therefore the prospect of a zero-nada solution. Great availability of Ineos Italy.

As I have mentioned on other occasions, I live on an island, here the only owner of the Grenadier to date and no official assistance so far.

The technical manager for Italy arrived by plane with the technician from Germany, leaning on the local BMW dealer (they too are fantastic...). Like a Bentley in the 50s.
Traced the leak. The replacement has arrived and has already been replaced. After the repair, testing and full test of the car, everything is in perfect order. Tonight we celebrate...
It seems to me that I am dealing with a philosophy from other times, from gentlemen drivers. I understand that something like this could have been a once-in-a-lifetime exploit, but it says a lot about the fact that we are not dealing with a mass, generalist brand.
Chapeau.

P.S. And remember that a pressure sensor can leak, new, even on a Toyota... Seen and documented...

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
Wow, thats great news, I hope this thread gets as much attention as the other not so positive ones.

Hats off to INEOS for making this happen and getting @alvan back on the road.

Is this the first confirmation of the "flying spanners"

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
For a pressure loss from a sensor, a/c dead. 35-40° C. and prospect in ten days of crossing Italy without a/c.
Summer holidays on the way and therefore the prospect of a zero-nada solution. Great availability of Ineos Italy.

As I have mentioned on other occasions, I live on an island, here the only owner of the Grenadier to date and no official assistance so far.

The technical manager for Italy arrived by plane with the technician from Germany, leaning on the local BMW dealer (they too are fantastic...). Like a Bentley in the 50s.
Traced the leak. The replacement has arrived and has already been replaced. After the repair, testing and full test of the car, everything is in perfect order. Tonight we celebrate...
It seems to me that I am dealing with a philosophy from other times, from gentlemen drivers. I understand that something like this could have been a once-in-a-lifetime exploit, but it says a lot about the fact that we are not dealing with a mass, generalist brand.
Chapeau.

P.S. And remember that a pressure sensor can leak, new, even on a Toyota... Seen and documented...
That's marvellous.

Flying Spanners exist!

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow- great Story and a super service from Ineos! Good to read good stuff as well here. Sometimes I have the impression that in a forum like this one, the focus is a tiny bit to much on the „Bad stories“. Of cause that is just an personal opinion.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
I think it's fantastic Ineos did this - and I hope they kept a detailed tally of exactly how much it cost to render this much needed service so they can use that to educate the QA/Assembly folks about the consequences of not assembling/testing the vehicle correctly before it leaves the factory.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
Totally agree with the sentiment of this thread. There was a problem and INEOS really pushed the boat out to make it right.

I just hope that we hear more stories about this level of assistance in the future.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
I just hope that we hear more stories about this level of assistance in the future.
It's the first I've read about, I think.

Interesting, in that I would class non-functioning ac as not the highest priority for flying spanners, so maybe they are underemployed at the moment ~ which is in itself a positive thing.

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Chapeau.

Alvan, you must be a real VIP. We know that Sardinia is the 'Isola dei Famosi' :) Italian Trash Reality Show. Kudos to Domenico. Yes, that's a real commitment.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Alvan, you must be a real VIP. We know that Sardinia is the 'Isola dei Famosi' :) Italian Trash Reality Show. Kudos to Domenico. Yes, that's a real commitment.
Just VOP... very ordinary people :)
...but in the group of the first handraisers in the INEOS classification!

Back
Top Bottom