The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Interview with Claire Birchenough-Dwyer, the Brand Communications Manager, INEOS Automotive

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:47 PM
Reaction score
Looking at the last question, it's something that Jeep in the USA is really good at, as they host trail rides, get togethers, Jeep Jamboree, etc. Stateside, however, the amount of Grens will be dwarfed by the Jeep family, but if Ineos can host some events in that light it would be fantastic.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Ineos are doing the smart thing with the Belstaff editions. They will be buying thousands of jackets off Belstaff to give away with their vehicles and I bet they haven't been able to haggle a discount.
It will be a sure bet that all other Ineos companies will be encouraged to buy Grenadiers as company vehicles as well.
There's a few thousand vehicles each year.
I bet their employees will also get special pricing and encouragement to buy the same as most other car makers do.
Belstaff International is owned by Jim Ratcliffe!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
Belstaff International is owned by Jim Ratcliffe!
That Belstaff thing isn't quite my stuff, but at least there is one thing that I love about Jim Ratcliffe: sometimes he puts his money where his "human feelings" are: 4x4, nice jackets, etc. I guess that sometimes the ROI isn't his first objective! When I drink a beer, or go on holidays, or smoke a cigarette (I stopped smoking a long time ago), I never think about ROI, :)
Thank you Jim, I hope you will give me the car I dreamt for! Of course I will pay for it! But I am not very sure this will be your best investment ever!

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I think it’s encouraging that the marketing team reached out to enthusiastic forum members. The blind spots that an organization could avoid by including knowledgeable customers shows humility and sincere intent. I pray they will do the same in N America. While I am no subject matter expert; I absolutely know what I want and why. Others on this forum are infinitely more qualified. It’s a FREE resource that any manufacturer would be crazy to not engage.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
I think it’s encouraging that the marketing team reached out to enthusiastic forum members. The blind spots that an organization could avoid by including knowledgeable customers shows humility and sincere intent. I pray they will do the same in N America. While I am no subject matter expert; I absolutely know what I want and why. Others on this forum are infinitely more qualified. It’s a FREE resource that any manufacturer would be crazy to not engage.
Yes I agree.
Some of the Ineos people and dealers were on the various Facebook groups but they were getting swamped with unnecessary questions or just abuse.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
Yes I agree.
Some of the Ineos people and dealers were on the various Facebook groups but they were getting swamped with unnecessary questions or just abuse.
I visited the Australian Grenadier FB page a few days ago and couldn't believe the level of rudeness, aggressive debate, number of "posters heaping shit on the Grenadier and, frankly, the lack of knowledge many "posters" have about the Grenadier.

Our forum is like a university debating club & FB is like a school yard fight zone.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They are engaging and we are part of their strategy...we are a human resource to build their Algorithmic Communication system...we are using the tools that they are using to focus on us...computers and computer programs...they may but are not at the moment talking mainstream......that is the intrigue...we are their spies, eyes and hears...feel privileged...I think the media reporters are the mainstreamers at the moment...happy motoring

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I visited the Australian Grenadier FB page a few days ago and couldn't believe the level of rudeness, aggressive debate, number of "posters heaping shit on the Grenadier and, frankly, the lack of knowledge many "posters" have about the Grenadier.

Our forum is like a university debating club & FB is like a school yard fight zone.
Yes, answers to questions that had been on here, and were maturely received and discussed, I repeated on that FB group and copped abuse.
One guy claimed he placed his order 14 months ago and delivery kept getting delayed. Order books only opened on 18th May so not 14 months ago, turns out he hasn't even ordered one.
Another guy complaining about poor follow up on his order and it took about 30 seconds to discover he was in Houston Texas and was a college student.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Yeah I signed up to 2 or 3 this week (knowledge is king) and so far have been less than impressed.

The Aussie one isn’t too bad, but the two others I subscribed to this week are mostly rubbish.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
That Belstaff thing isn't quite my stuff, but at least there is one thing that I love about Jim Ratcliffe: sometimes he puts his money where his "human feelings" are: 4x4, nice jackets, etc. I guess that sometimes the ROI isn't his first objective! When I drink a beer, or go on holidays, or smoke a cigarette (I stopped smoking a long time ago), I never think about ROI, :)
Thank you Jim, I hope you will give me the car I dreamt for! Of course I will pay for it! But I am not very sure this will be your best investment ever!
Maybe the ROI is not his first thought. But for sure he comes with a plan of how the ROI can be achieved before he goes in spending his money.
That’s hopefully the difference to your (and maybe his) holiday cigar.

Back
Top Bottom