The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ASPW wants a Grenadier

moosetown

Production/Transit
Local time
1:46 AM
Reaction score
Exactly - we must thank your EU friends for being the early guinea pigs - they have been through a lot! When do you pick your Grenny up?
My 'Shroom Trialmaster is in the states but no word from the dealer yet. The holidays are busy, they can take their time, no problem on my end.

Something I quite like about ASPWs review, which echoes a lot of other reviews, is his praise of its character. I've always known the Grenadier is an emotional decision more than a rational one. In the US, I think a 200, 4Runner, new 250, Gladiator, or Raptor make a lot more sense, if just for part availability. But it's just so cool as a last hurrah to the internal combustion, solid axle 4x4. It's bursting with charisma.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
I think the footrest issue presents itself more when you first get in and drive the Grenadier. Maybe because you naturally compare it to what you're used to. After driving the Gren for hours on end, i feel you soon adapt to it, and find it comfortable.

I had more issue with lumbar support than left leg/knee ache on my long stints behind the wheel. That being said, they're still bloody comfortable seats compared to what I've had before

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
I wonder if some of these reviewers know the steering wheel is adjustable as well.

And I often see people sitting too close to the wheel, like a senior with bad eyesight..
That all been said , those bothered by the footrest can remove the tick padding and/or put a block on the accelerator pedal. Leave the whine in the transfer case.

LeftCoastOverland

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
As I look at my driving position in any other vehicle I keep my left knee bent and foot close to the seat anyhow. Helps me stabilize my hand on the 7:00 position of the steering wheel. Must be a hold over from flying whirly birds…

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if some of these reviewers know the steering wheel is adjustable as well.

And I often see people sitting too close to the wheel, like a senior with bad eyesight..
That all been said , those bothered by the footrest can remove the tick padding and/or put a block on the accelerator pedal. Leave the whine in the transfer case.
mr magoo.JPG

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was driving this morning and trying to work out just how he was positioning his leg to cause him so much discomfort. His comment that he had to sit twisted to one side baffles me.

Local time
Reaction score
Just need the review from the Australian Auto Innovation Centre, AIC. A review like AIC done on the new LC300 prior to using it for further product development testing and scanning for the aftermarket industry.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Almost everyone with a RHD Grenadier knows deep in their heart that the left footrest design is complete rubbish (but many won't admit it).

Most will not be affected by it for a variety of reasons, (age, flexibility, fitness, can't change so it's not really a problem, etc.).

Those that are impacted by it's ludicrous width and height can ameliorate it's impact by adjusting seat height & position and steering wheel position.

The reminder will just put up with it.

The golden question is: if you could flick a switch and change the footrest's height, width and shape - would you ??

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The golden question is: if you could flick a switch and change the footrest's height, width and shape - would you ??
No. It is a Feature :D All iconic vehicles have Features. Plus you can brace when taking roundabouts at high speed.
However if I owned an old RHD 911 , or Lotus , then yes. Those cars are for men with small feet or ladies..

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was driving this morning and trying to work out just how he was positioning his leg to cause him so much discomfort. His comment that he had to sit twisted to one side baffles me.

All part of the process of building a following. Regardless of the real situation he absolutely has to find and call out the controversial to generate this sort of on line banter. Given he loved it (despite previous rants with the same objective) it wouldn’t have done to just leave it at that without generating robust online banter, all aimed at building profile and clicks.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I personally find the footrest quite intolerable. I’ve never encountered such a problem in any vehicle. Yes, I’ve adjusted the seating and steering. I sit high and drive it like it should be. No relief though.

6’ 2”, 88kg. I run 5km every day, including occasional trail running. Gym 2 days on, 1 off. Stretching included.

As was mentioned earlier by someone in this forum. People are all different. I unfortunately am one who finds the foot rest a problem. And for those that do (one of the staff at my dealer’s is in the same boat as me), it’s a non-trivial issue.

edit: I have a theory, that it might impact people more who have a long history of using a manual with a clutch, not automatic. That is me. But that’s a wild theory.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
No. It is a Feature :D All iconic vehicles have Features. Plus you can brace when taking roundabouts at high speed.
However if I owned an old RHD 911 , or Lotus , then yes. Those cars are for men with small feet or ladies..
Tazzie hope your not on your way up here right now.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
edit: I have a theory, that it might impact people more who have a long history of using a manual with a clutch, not automatic. That is me. But that’s a wild theory.
For the past 13 years I've just driven a brace of old classics with stiff cable operated as well as hydraulic clutches. And 3 cars with no power steering. And 2 autos. Anecdotally, my legs and back are therefore in proper balance ;)

Somehow my lfelong L5/S1 spondylolisthesis and Scheurmanns have kept me painfree. Weird eh?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Almost everyone with a RHD Grenadier knows deep in their heart that the left footrest design is complete rubbish (but many won't admit it).
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Grenadier could stab me continuously with a fork and I'd still want it.

Most will not be affected by it for a variety of reasons, (age, flexibility, fitness, can't change so it's not really a problem, etc.).
.And those who are affected by it for a variety of reasons include attitude, general grumpiness, propensity to whore for YouTube clicks etc.

Those that are impacted by it's ludicrous width and height can ameliorate it's impact by adjusting seat height & position and steering wheel position.
Wow, it's like the designers have come up with a genius way for us to adapt the cockpit to our unique body shapes and postures.

Yes, I admit it. I would happily have one with a smaller footrest. But let's be honest, if the Grenadier was perfect then it would be boring. Like a Toyota.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

No I wouldn’t change it, it doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Things I would change are:

Larger wing mirrors and a wide angle strip at the bottom (like on a transit)
Slightly longer loadbed and 1000kg carrying capacity
Rear sunroof
More cabin storage
Rear cupholders
Rear centre armrest
Heated rear seats
Larger glovebox
Option to default start stop to off
Ugly ass shifter 😂

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom