The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ASPW wants a Grenadier

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
Eloquently said. If a product is not for you, regardless of your reasons there is no need to tear it apart to feel better about your decision. Unless of course you stand to earn money from the publicity.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
RHD lump? I'm in America. Stupid design that suggests Steyer was expecting a V configuration engine but that sounds like the passengers issue.

Lengthening the front end of the vehicle by a few inches would've allowed the motor to sit that much more forward. The RHD footrest wouldn't have been such a big deal and been more like the LHD version which is a non-issue. Nobody would've really noticed the changes to the exterior design.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
I think in general people have become moaning, cosseted whingers too. I drive a 2019 custom transit with a manual box and the forums are full of people moaning about the height of the clutch pedal and the unbearable pain it causes them. I’ve done 50k miles in mine over 4 years, sometimes doing 500+ miles a day and never had an issue with it. I’m sure if you’re used to an s class it’s going to feel different.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Lengthening the front end of the vehicle by a few inches would've allowed the motor to sit that much more forward. The RHD footrest wouldn't have been such a big deal and been more like the LHD version which is a non-issue. Nobody would've really noticed the changes to the exterior design.
There is a relatively large gap in the engine bay between the front of the engine and the radiators so there is room to bring the engine forward in the current design. If anything it looks like they have deliberately moved the engine back for some reason.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is a relatively large gap in the engine bay between the front of the engine and the radiators so there is room to bring the engine forward in the current design. If anything it looks like they have deliberately moved the engine back for some reason.
Pedestrian safety I would guess.

Maybe just weight distribution, mass centralisation is a good thing

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's an interesting engineering outcome. I look at our BMW M140i in a similar way. BMW shoehorned a B58 and ZF 8HP50 into that tiny unibody and made an absolute hoot of a vehicle. Quite overpowered at 250Kw and 500Nm. The RHD footwell is comprised by the width of the engine and bell housing. And there is a neat little pad to stop your left knee from rubbing on the console.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Actually, I think part of a successful life isn't knowing everything, but recognizing those that do have the knowledge and experience that's important to your goals, and reflecting on their observations. To that end, he tends to have similar observations as my own, and maybe it's a bit of confirmation bias, or maybe it's a bit of experienced people agreeing, but, in the end I really was looking forward to an in depth review by Andrew.

For example a stock New Defender is good for getting shezimm to the store, or maybe getting in and out of the dirt tracks in the winter on my highland property, but, if you're juggling that with the Gren as similar for your uses, I already know your needs are much less rugged than mine, and your opinion on the truck won't be of much use to reflect upon. At least for me, that is.

Now, I know I know how to drive, and I know Andrew knows how to drive, and I can take Andrews opinion, and reflect upon the similarities and differences. RHD lump? I'm in America. Stupid design that suggests Steyer was expecting a V configuration engine but that sounds like the passengers issue. The steering? It sucked off road in the demo, and he took the time to demonstrate how sub par it is on road and now I know it wasn't just me. Everyone keeps blaming the type of box, but frankly it makes me think the supplier doesn't know what caster is. (beware lifting this truck, methinks). Fuel tank. Yea, that sucks, but once again, I'm in America. One extra Jerry is all I'll need. Ground clearance? It may be fine for australia, but it's a tad low for here from what I saw, and I'm wondering if a 1 or 2" lift will induce death wobble at some point of wear with that apparent lack of caster.

So, sorry, but yea. I was looking forward to his observations, and they do give me somthing to ponder.
I wish we had LHD in Australia now - it would make the Grenadier in my view an awesome vehicle. You LHD owners atleast very a symmetrical seating and leg rest position!!!

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
I wish we had LHD in Australia now - it would make the Grenadier in my view an awesome vehicle. You LHD owners atleast very a symmetrical seating and leg rest position!!!

Next you will want to swap from Metric!!!!!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
Moving the engine behind the front axle is key to the vehicles handling and weight distribution.

Don't undo that!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
APSW is doing a live stream discussion on why he loves the Grenadier now.

He’s really hard to listen to and is waffling on all over the place, but if you can bear with it you might get something out of it.

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score

He’s really hard to listen to and is waffling on all over the place, but if you can bear with it you might get something out of it.

Wow he can drone on about himself forever..

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Two beers in and I had to give up.... would have cost me at least a carton and a headache in the morn or... I'd have started snoring, hope it got better for APSW tragics. 😆

Christian

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Waits until he realizes that there is no workshop manual. 🤣

Then he will probably join this forum too. 😱

Back
Top Bottom