The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Armrest ideas

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
hi!

one of the first things i noticed sitting on the grenadier is that the cubbybox is too short and lacks arm support.

I'm looking for some ideas to add an appendix above the two bottle holders to extend it but I haven't found anything satisfactory.

do you have any idea?

Thanks

arm.png

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:17 PM
Reaction score
Coupling nuts into the four corner screw holes of the cup holder, bar/rod for the legs, add a top of your choosing...

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:17 PM
Reaction score
The door side rest is also unusable for the elbow to perch. Unless you are 6'4 with seat at max height and forward to use the 'upper' door... I am keen to see how this goes, as I am very accustomed to having a rest at about 30 degrees off set to both my arms, where the elbow can 'naturally' perch and drive comfortably.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Coupling nuts into the four corner screw holes of the cup holder, bar/rod for the legs, add a top of your choosing...

Yes, I was also thinking about this solution.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
The door side rest is also unusable for the elbow to perch. Unless you are 6'4 with seat at max height and forward to use the 'upper' door... I am keen to see how this goes, as I am very accustomed to having a rest at about 30 degrees off set to both my arms, where the elbow can 'naturally' perch and drive comfortably.
6’2” seat all the way back and I found the door sill perfect for me on my test drive

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m 179cm and found the sill height perfect. Wide and flat and my arm just tests naturally.
Between your footrest and armrest issues with the IG, I see a Ford Ranger in your future. 😉
Unless you’re talking about the small rest halfway down the door? I never use it whilst driving in the 200 as I find it too low when holding the wheel.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
Later in life I underwent "advanced driver training" with periodic refreshers.... :ninja: Two hands on the wheel, all of the time. As it should be!...
I agree except if you're texting...sorry not funny...an interesting tip from a pro driver when driving the Gren or any 4x4, is to be able to see as much as you can of the front guards, virtually the corners...and the seat is far enough back for you to be able to rest your wrists at 10 to 2 on the steering wheel...when the seat is in that position height wise it was perfect for me...you are now in a driving position for a truck/bus with legs not too far off about 120 degrees right leg 110 left if using the footrest...we adjust fairly quickly...I won't push the distance too much anymore without stopping...2 to 3 hours...stretch...going to love the auto box...

I will wait and see because I can't remember if the centre console was an issue but the window/door rest was fine at 5' 11''... ;)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The door side rest is also unusable for the elbow to perch. Unless you are 6'4 with seat at max height and forward to use the 'upper' door...

I understand torso/leg length differences between people, but I find this interesting... Having talked to literally hundreds of people who have driven these vehicles (in person) and having driven them extensively myself, the "window ledge" is a perfect height for all sorts of people. I am 6' and sit with the seat all the way down and it is a very comfortable spot (as is the center armrest), my girlfriend who is 5'6" sits with the seat substantially higher and also finds both to be very comfortable

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I understand torso/leg length differences between people, but I find this interesting... Having talked to literally hundreds of people who have driven these vehicles (in person) and having driven them extensively myself, the "window ledge" is a perfect height for all sorts of people. I am 6' and sit with the seat all the way down and it is a very comfortable spot (as is the center armrest), my girlfriend who is 5'6" sits with the seat substantially higher and also finds both to be very comfortable
I have driven it twice and was sitting in one last Friday.
Window sill height perfect and according to my drivers license I am 178 cms tall
Not sure what that is in feet and inches.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm looking for some ideas to make by hand
Looking at the picture only and not seeing it in the flesh, this idea might be a waste of time...but here we go, two round half pipes [alloy, stainless maybe plastic] joined together back to back and will fit snugly into the drink holders reaching the bottom, cut height pending on what you're going to place on top...the height would determine whether you can but should still be able to use the drink holders.

The scribble is the two halves back to back sitting in the drink holder wells and a bottle in the front well...the armrest on top may just slide up and off...there would be a way to even hinge it...

Attachments

• IMG_6309.jpg
    IMG_6309.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For me (194 cm, long legs, shorter upper body) the cubby box is some cm to low and short while the rest on the window is some vom to high.
As they differ in height and „forward „ position significantly I don’t see how both can fit ideal for one person.
(At least when the body is more or less symmetrical…)

Back
Top Bottom