The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Potential New IG Owner saying G'Day

Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I call myself Snipewench, and I'm a potential new owner looking for info and some advice. I live near Sydney, NSW, Australia, and my main focus at the moment is to replace my VW Amarok with something new, something that will tow a caravan, and something that is a bit quirky. This last bit is where the IG comes into play.

You see, I work remotely 99% of the time, and am looking to do something different. Define what working remotely means? Does it mean working from home, at the dining room table, or a dedicated "home office"? I contend that so long as I have access into the work I need to access, I can be anywhere, and a Starlink dish set up on the roof of a nice comfy caravan, in the middle of nowhere, should satisfy the definition, right?

So I've been doing lots of research on the various options, and they pretty much revolve around acquiring a new caravan (I own a small caravan not suited to this idea), and the tow vehicle for it. One evening, I was trolling through carsales.com.au for an idea on how much an LC300 Sahara or similar would cost me, when I started seeing some private sales pop up for the Grenadier. I'd heard news of it being developed, but didn't realise it'd been released, so I immediately started doing some research on the IG. Immediately, I noticed the crazy quirkyness of the interior (and yes, it does look like an aircraft cockpit), which ticks the box for being something a little bit different.

I downloaded and looked at the tech specs, and noticed the towing figures seem to match and exceed those of the LC300 in some respects, and played around in the Configurator on the INEOS website. I found a local dealer, and took an IG for a bit of a spin (and reluctantly handing it back to them *sigh*).

I've watched a _lot_ of YT videos of the IG, both positive and negative, and have been trolling through this forum for about 3 weeks or so. I noted the right hand steering foot lump (and during my test drive never noticed it), and complaints about slow steering (this one I did notice initially, but very quickly got used to it).

I love the body shape, the boxiness of it, the stance, the presence it commands in a space, the features and the comfort. A nephew said to me that he'd not envisaged me owning an IG - as I look through Facebook drooling over the Australian Army Perentey (landrover) 4x6 vehicle auctions. Yup, I see myself in an INEOS Grenadier.

It's a _big_ decision for me to start the process of ordering an IG. It's a _lot_ of money ($142k) for this Aussie to spend on a vehicle that seems to still be in active "alpha" testing, with some question marks on support by INEOS, the frequency of software updates, the lack of manuals. The fact I need to order it through a website throws up a lot of questions around such things as how to deal with a tradein, and payment schedules, and whether I can put in an order now, to when they expect the deposit.

Thus, I'm here now, saying G'day!

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I call myself Snipewench, and I'm a potential new owner looking for info and some advice. I live near Sydney, NSW, Australia, and my main focus at the moment is to replace my VW Amarok with something new, something that will tow a caravan, and something that is a bit quirky. This last bit is where the IG comes into play.

You see, I work remotely 99% of the time, and am looking to do something different. Define what working remotely means? Does it mean working from home, at the dining room table, or a dedicated "home office"? I contend that so long as I have access into the work I need to access, I can be anywhere, and a Starlink dish set up on the roof of a nice comfy caravan, in the middle of nowhere, should satisfy the definition, right?

So I've been doing lots of research on the various options, and they pretty much revolve around acquiring a new caravan (I own a small caravan not suited to this idea), and the tow vehicle for it. One evening, I was trolling through carsales.com.au for an idea on how much an LC300 Sahara or similar would cost me, when I started seeing some private sales pop up for the Grenadier. I'd heard news of it being developed, but didn't realise it'd been released, so I immediately started doing some research on the IG. Immediately, I noticed the crazy quirkyness of the interior (and yes, it does look like an aircraft cockpit), which ticks the box for being something a little bit different.

I downloaded and looked at the tech specs, and noticed the towing figures seem to match and exceed those of the LC300 in some respects, and played around in the Configurator on the INEOS website. I found a local dealer, and took an IG for a bit of a spin (and reluctantly handing it back to them *sigh*).

I've watched a _lot_ of YT videos of the IG, both positive and negative, and have been trolling through this forum for about 3 weeks or so. I noted the right hand steering foot lump (and during my test drive never noticed it), and complaints about slow steering (this one I did notice initially, but very quickly got used to it).

I love the body shape, the boxiness of it, the stance, the presence it commands in a space, the features and the comfort. A nephew said to me that he'd not envisaged me owning an IG - as I look through Facebook drooling over the Australian Army Perentey (landrover) 4x6 vehicle auctions. Yup, I see myself in an INEOS Grenadier.

It's a _big_ decision for me to start the process of ordering an IG. It's a _lot_ of money ($142k) for this Aussie to spend on a vehicle that seems to still be in active "alpha" testing, with some question marks on support by INEOS, the frequency of software updates, the lack of manuals. The fact I need to order it through a website throws up a lot of questions around such things as how to deal with a tradein, and payment schedules, and whether I can put in an order now, to when they expect the deposit.

G'day @Snipewench. I too live near Sydney, and I’m happy to help you along your Grenadier journey, if that's the path you take.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Hi Snipewrench, You may be able to cut the line and pick one up from a dealership. If not, a private sale. I will say that ordering one will likely take 10 months to a year, however it will have most of the bugs worked out by then. I took delivery of mine on March 7, 2023 and the only issue I have is the bootwash at the passenger door, (water not draining out between the 2 seals. It is an amazing vehicle and I could not be more pleased. Jump on in, the waters fine, (just not where there are crocs). DaBull

Back
Top Bottom