The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
Why would one boat need the updates while another boat wouldn’t? Is yours in Brunswick?
I think it's more of a final check with some minor updates before being released to the dealers. Would make sense that some later builds would start to arrive more buttoned up so that the transition from the port to dealers is quicker and more efficient. Thankfully we have some dealers being more proactive with their communication to us with regards to delivery. Although this is the only time I've tracked my particular car from the manufacturing plant to the port. When I ordered my Defender it was months of silence followed by a call one day that my car was ready to pick up.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Crown in St. Petersburg FL says that the trucks that arrived 11/6 in Brunswick will begin shipping out in a week and will be ready for purchase by the 1st of December.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:46 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if there might be some other reasons for the hold at port. Final EPA numbers aren't out yet (therefore no window stickers), dealers can't order parts yet, and some dealers are further ahead than others. The more delay there is the more of these issues get sorted before customers get cars.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
this is the only time I've tracked my particular car from the manufacturing plant to the port. When I ordered my Defender it was months of silence followed by a call one day that my car was ready to pick up.
Following this thread (and all the tracking we have been doing) makes me think that there are a lot of people so invested in the Grenadier that they think they deserve daily communications on progress from the dealership (poor guys: they literally started public business a bit over a month ago!) or the factory (who, believe me, are busy enough pushing vehicles out the door)
Sure, the official website seems to be really out of date, but it really does not give me as much angst as it does to others.
And I think we all forget that most dealer communications between ordering and receiving the vehicle are pretty much as Andiamo mentioned. ;)

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Following this thread (and all the tracking we have been doing) makes me think that there are a lot of people so invested in the Grenadier that they think they deserve daily communications on progress from the dealership (poor guys: they literally started public business a bit over a month ago!) or the factory (who, believe me, are busy enough pushing vehicles out the door)
Sure, the official website seems to be really out of date, but it really does not give me as much angst as it does to others.
And I think we all forget that most dealer communications between ordering and receiving the vehicle are pretty much as Andiamo mentioned. ;)

A dealer’s gross margin on a per unit basis (front end profit only) is going to be in the ~10% range of MSRP. Most likely, 12% off the top of my head based on my industry knowledge at Toyota HQ in California (now Texas). Keep that in mind when you are giving a free-pass to dealers for going silent on reservation holders who have been waiting for two years. Not to mention, we were handed over to the dealer on a silver platter by Ineos. Meaning, the dealer is making their front end profit, without doing any heavy lifting. I think an email or two wouldn’t kill them. Just my two cents…😉

Back End profit (financing and insurance) is a whole other animal… dealerships are allowed to, by law, up charge the finance APR by 200 basis points (2%), so you are most likely never getting the buy-rate on the loan. And those fancy extended warranties they sell you for 2K, only cost them about $300 bucks to underwrite…

So to recap, at full MSRP + Finance + Insurance, Dealer per unit combined front and back end profit is in the ~15k USD range. We haven’t even talked about trade-in margin yet..

So yeah, for that kind of profit, an email or two wouldn’t kill them…

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if there might be some other reasons for the hold at port. Final EPA numbers aren't out yet (therefore no window stickers), dealers can't order parts yet, and some dealers are further ahead than others. The more delay there is the more of these issues get sorted before customers get cars.
There's no reason dealers can't order parts, the warehouse exists and is stocked.

Definitely not all dealers are at the same point of progress, but that is their own problem at this point

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Or spend a few extra hours to pay attention to their provided trainings and learn the proper specs and procedures on the vehicle....
They are too busy pushing the Tru-Coat onto customers!!! (Fargo Movie Reference).

I get it, the average dealership costs about $3-5 million to build and fit out, and ownership rightly should expect a return on that investment. Any business operates to generate a profit, I just hope that profit is honest, clean, and rightfully earned.

View: https://youtu.be/B2LLB9CGfLs?si=APZ2CpyHfgEVoS_F

Last edited:

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Yea.. the trade in conversation is going to be interesting. They have the upper hand since we can't really walk away.
Prepare yourself man, the car market is imploding as we speak (affordability crisis). They may not want your trade at all. Look Into places like Carvana instant offers etc… they actually will come pick up your car from your house and hand you a check. You will miss out on the trade-in tax credit though, so don’t forget to account for that in your calculations when deciding on what to do.

Last edited:

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update on Morning Lynn ... After losing her in the MidAtlantic for past 7 days, she popped up just outside Brunswick wee hrs of Saturday (18th) night and docked last night.

Attachments

• 1700404052543.png
    1700404052543.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 3

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1700404128456.png Had not hear from Tirad Ineos so sent them a tickle email Friday morning indicating that I had read some emails from Regal Ineos and had reply by mid afternoon. Of the 229 vehicles on the Morning Lynn (as we know from the manifest leaving Zeebrugge), 79 are being off loaded in Brunswick. Next email update indicated for the week following Thanksgiving. Figuring these vehicles are destined for MD, VA, NC, TN, GA, MS (?).
The Morning Lynn is due to depart Brunswick later this afternoon/ early evening headed for Galveston TX. 1700404580352.png

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7833118 Had not hear from Tirad Ineos so sent them a tickle email Friday morning indicating that I had read some emails from Regal Ineos and had reply by mid afternoon. Of the 229 vehicles on the Morning Lynn (as we know from the manifest leaving Zeebrugge), 79 are being off loaded in Brunswick. Next email update indicated for the week following Thanksgiving. Figuring these vehicles are destined for MD, VA, NC, TN, GA, MS (?).
The Morning Lynn is due to depart Brunswick later this afternoon/ early evening headed for Galveston TX. View attachment 7833120

Hopefully you can show me how to track my car, when it begins its journey, sometime in Q1 of 2024. I think it’s cool to see its journey across the Atlantic.

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
They will be going through quality control checks and then put on trucks. Heading to the dealer.
View attachment 7833118 Had not hear from Tirad Ineos so sent them a tickle email Friday morning indicating that I had read some emails from Regal Ineos and had reply by mid afternoon. Of the 229 vehicles on the Morning Lynn (as we know from the manifest leaving Zeebrugge), 79 are being off loaded in Brunswick. Next email update indicated for the week following Thanksgiving. Figuring these vehicles are destined for MD, VA, NC, TN, GA, MS (?).
The Morning Lynn is due to depart Brunswick later this afternoon/ early evening headed for Galveston TX. View attachment 7833120
According to the manifest when they offloaded, they disembarked all of the VIN’s that they left Belgium with. My VIN, which was on the Morning Lynn, is headed to Texas by truck from Georgia.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They will be going through quality control checks and then put on trucks. Heading to the dealer.

According to the manifest when they offloaded, they disembarked all of the VIN’s that they left Belgium with. My VIN, which was on the Morning Lynn, is headed to Texas by truck from Georgia.
That's peculiar given next port of call is Galvston. Do you recall who posted the original VIN listing manifest??

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully you can show me how to track my car, when it begins its journey, sometime in Q1 of 2024. I think it’s cool to see its journey across the Atlantic.
Oh I'm not that smart with Auto stuff ... another clever individual did all the heavy lifting on that - however if you read thru this thread

Local Area Thread United States Shipping Information (After the Fact)​

I believe you will find the original poster of the shipping manifests (Bill of L) and much other info!! You'll need the VIN as supplied by your dealer. It has been fun to tract the ships across the Atlantic and utterly stunned at the volume of ships on the Oceans / Seas at any one point in time!! Google is ones' friend. I simply googled the ships name, various websites pop up for tracking.
And I see that Texam Grenadier has supplied some great info!!
Cheers!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:46 AM
Reaction score
Just a note for everyone. If you click on the icon to the right of the printer icon in a post it gives you the option to copy a link to that particular post. It comes in quite handy ;)

And the little flag icon to the right again is the bookmark option for a post.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just a note for everyone. If you click on the icon to the right of the printer icon in a post it gives you the option to copy a link to that particular post. It comes in quite handy ;)

So I clicked on the wonky little share icon for one post yet when the link was inserted it didn't appear "live" but it was more extensive than the "copy/paste" header and definitely handier ☺️ . Cheers!

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score

Thanks Stu, is there a way to ignore threads as there are a lot of threads with only local interest but they have not been set that way.

Back
Top Bottom