The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Altimeter issues. Reset/Calibration possible?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:58 PM
Reaction score
If it is barometric how is it showing below sea level. That would be one hell of an atmospheric pressure.
It doesn’t take much. You can see a 1k swing pretty regularly throughout the year.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It doesn’t take much. You can see a 1k swing pretty regularly throughout the year.
well, 70ft underwater would be 2 atm. I hope the barometer isn't off that much

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s really easy for a barometric altimeter to indicate “below” sea level, as it’s simply giving a measurement of the pressure deviation from the standard. In flying machines you manually adjust the setting to match the local pressures throughout a flight. This is not abnormal. So, a failure to have an accurate setting for the time and place easily results in a negative reading.

The altimeter feature is “cool”, I got it too, but I think we might be expecting a bit much out of a system that’s essentially a novelty in this application.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well Houston today was 30.40 on the altimeter. I’m currently at 36,000ft and up here we use standard of 29.92. So that’s 480ft difference on gauge.

Also for people complaining about the buttons being overhead and it being a distraction….

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 79

Dermot

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
Living in New Orleans I expect to see negative numbers, but the city isn't 70' below sea level.

Should be showing around 8-10' above sea level where it sits.

Anyone know of an issue or is this just a limitation of altimeters in vehicles that I have to live with?
I have a similar problem with the altimeter showing that I'm living 120 ft below sea level. I live approximately 500 meters from the sea on the South Coast of UK. I have my car booked in for some warranty work in January and I will add the altimeter problem to the list.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
It's definitely working ok on mine and after the s/w update so are the pitch and yaw readings. I always thought the elevation was done using GPS?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well Houston today was 30.40 on the altimeter. I’m currently at 36,000ft and up here we use standard of 29.92. So that’s 480ft difference on gauge.

Also for people complaining about the buttons being overhead and it being a distraction….
Ineos Grenadier overhead switches 3.0? ;)

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
My pre-Grenadier Hyundai Santa Fe had an inbuilt altimeter which was calibrated by GPS. It was an interesting exercise to compare its output with local "Official" elevation markers. Usually within 10-15m of the markers in various east coast locations from Cairns in far north Queensland to Melbourne some 3600 km to the south.
Surf club carpark altitudes varied between -5m and +20m. I haven't a clue what their real elevation was🤷‍♂️ but my feet were dry:cool:

Last edited:

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
It's definitely working ok on mine and after the s/w update so are the pitch and yaw readings. I always thought the elevation was done using GPS?
That's my understanding also using GPS triangulation. I believe the compass/ altimeter is a repeater for the GPS data the Pathfinder feature uses. In my experience if Pathfinder is not working then the compass is not working either. I think the hardware is probably ok because it does work sometimes.

I'm still on software 1939 and I'm hopeful it will be resolved in software 1946 or subsequent.

SVP7

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I picked up my grenadier a few weeks ago and getting -80' to -100' readings as well. Has anyone figured out if the altimeter can be recalibrated or is it basically sort of useless.

Thanks

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep. I would be happy with a nice analog clock. It could be broken but still be correct twice a day. That would be an improvement on the compass.
That’s actually a great idea. Ineos should parter with Bremont, CWC, or some other British watch brand. I’ll mention the brand Christopher Ward, but I’m assuming Sir Jim wouldn’t want some other blokes name in this vehicle 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: AWo
Back
Top Bottom