The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Alarm System? (your Grenadiers anti theft system)

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
I tried to have a Compustar T13 system installed, but the installer said he needed about 3 days to figure out where everything needed was since he had never encountered a Grenadier before and he needed the wiring diagram for the vehicle.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
I've just realised that the Grenadier doesn't have a flashing tell tale red led warning light indicating that the alarm is set, when the vehicle is parked up. Unusual these days.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:09 AM
Reaction score
I've just realised that the Grenadier doesn't have a flashing tell tale red led warning light indicating that the alarm is set, when the vehicle is parked up. Unusual these days.
My Disco Sport is the same no flashing led. BTW How do you identify fake surveillance cameras?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:09 PM
Reaction score
Quite a few of my vehicles back 30 or so years ago had a flashing red LED on the dash that you could see through the window.
It was there to deter thieves.
There was no alarm.
Just a flashing red LED.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is a great economical alternative to an anti-theft system.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score

Looks like they ship to US. :love:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The alarm on my vehicle often goes off when parked for seemingly no reason.
It could be linked to the rear door open false warning I regularly get.
I have noticed when I lock it with the key in the door lock it never happens.
Only when locking using the remote.
This may be a total coincidence but I have now gotten into the habit of locking the vehicle with a turn of the key when i am planning to leave it for a while or park overnight.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The alarm on my vehicle often goes off when parked for seemingly no reason.
It could be linked to the rear door open false warning I regularly get.
I have noticed when I lock it with the key in the door lock it never happens.
Only when locking using the remote.
This may be a total coincidence but I have now gotten into the habit of locking the vehicle with a turn of the key when i am planning to leave it for a while or park overnight.
In the absence of details from Ineos, I was under the possible misapprehension that locking with the key alone locked and immobilised the vehicle but didn't set the alarm. On both crossings of Bass Strait on board the ferry Aug-Sep 2023 it seemed to work OK... there was no indication that the alarm had triggered due to the "rockin' and rollin' " of the ship.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In the absence of details from Ineos, I was under the possible misapprehension that locking with the key alone locked and immobilised the vehicle but didn't set the alarm. On both crossings of Bass Strait on board the ferry Aug-Sep 2023 it seemed to work OK... there was no indication that the alarm had triggered due to the "rockin' and rollin' " of the ship.
You could be correct, which would explain why the alarm doesn't randomly go off when I do it.

1710131200490.png

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score

I REALLY WANT THIS BADLY!

Why? I really don't know, it just looks like fun. The Anti-Slip mode is suspect (to me) compared to right foot throttle control. The B58 already feels sporty for 3-ton vehicle but I really would like to try the Eco mode.

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I REALLY WANT THIS BADLY!

Why? I really don't know, it just looks like fun. The Anti-Slip mode is suspect (to me) compared to right foot throttle control. The B58 already feels sporty for 3-ton vehicle but I really would like to try the Eco mode.
It’s quite good. I have one on my Jeep GC and I did an early trial install (2nd one in the country) on the Grenadier last year with Ultimate9 and run in Eco 5 all the time now.
When I need a bit of round town zip I change to Adapt mode. In Eco5 it is much easier to park on my steep driveway with precision. Meant to try AntiSlip on the trip away 4WDing last week but forgot as I was playing with other settings and modes on the Grenadier stock side of things.

(The Ultimate mode and Ultimate 9 modes are pretty much unusable just too aggressive for this vehicle setup)

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s quite good. I have one on my Jeep GC and I did an early trial install (2nd one in the country) on the Grenadier last year with Ultimate9 and run in Eco 5 all the time now.
When I need a bit of round town zip I change to Adapt mode. In Eco5 it is much easier to park on my steep driveway with precision. Meant to try AntiSlip on the trip away 4WDing last week but forgot as I was playing with other settings and modes on the Grenadier stock side of things.

(The Ultimate mode and Ultimate 9 modes are pretty much unusable just too aggressive for this vehicle setup)
I’d agree with all that - it’s pretty much exactly what I’ve experienced - also feel a bit reassured with the lock mode - it’s caught me out when I’ve tried to drive off and forgotten it’s on‼️

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’d agree with all that - it’s pretty much exactly what I’ve experienced - also feel a bit reassured with the lock mode - it’s caught me out when I’ve tried to drive off and forgotten it’s on‼️
The only thing i don’t like is 10 settings to cycle through if you don’t use your phone. It would be nice to have just the ones you want on the singer left button push. Adaptive is 9 presses to change to from Eco.

Back
Top Bottom