The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket Winch Bumper from LeTech

Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
What are these brackets? Looks like a bad idea? Surely I’m missing something.

Part of LeTech's portal kit.
Most all portal kits have some sort of similar support bracket. I hadn't heard that LeTech's (factory on Mercedes G500 4x4^2 and 6x6) had cracking issues though. Perhaps people were jumping them like Raptors?

The other LeTech bits look first class. Would love to see weights per item though; could get heavy quick if it's all steel vs aluminum.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
I know absolutely zip about portal axles, but the pics of the LeTech offering look too darn skinny to inspire any confidence compared to the beefiness of the core parts. I'm glad I have no interest in rock crawling.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
And a general recall just this week on 461s over an extended production period:

Screenshot_20230707_063138.jpg

Local time
Reaction score

I don't see how this is involved with the portals (LeTech portals) specifically. A few people have said they'd seen/heard the front braces (have 3-4 holes cutout in them) that connect from the portal box to the axle tube were the components that were cracking/breaking.

This safety alert is regarding the rear axle housing (unsure how it's called a transmission housing--poor translation from German to English?). Are is LeTech also having the rear braces cracking too?

We have not seen any issues with the Werewolf front/rear braces cracking, even after lots of offroad abuse.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:41 AM
Reaction score
The hinged winch bumper cover (Seilwindenabdeckung klappbar) - Item No: 11129 - replacement for the factory-fitted screw-in bumper cover costs €325,50 plus shipping. I have one on order and expect delivery in about 4 weeks.

View attachment 7818185
Just FYI for Australian and US owners, the metal front bumper on our cars means the Le Tech number plate cover will not fit. I realised this when I wanted one to replace the lousy plastic plate holder we get. 4X4 Outdoor Tuning in Australia no longer has it on sale.

Le tech please make a new model for AU and US owners.

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just FYI for Australian and US owners, the metal front bumper on our cars means the Le Tech number plate cover will not fit. I realised this when I wanted one to replace the lousy plastic plate holder we get. 4X4 Outdoor Tuning in Australia no longer has it on sale.

Le tech please make a new model for AU and US owners.
They also need to come out with a new winch tray for our bumpers!

Back
Top Bottom