The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket Winch Bumper from LeTech

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
I like the TRITTBRETT (rock sliders) especially as you can lift the car with them ....

Any true rock slider should allow you to lift the vehicle from them....

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The LeTech offerings for the Gren are shown in the file attached below.

LeTech are also an INEOS sales agent in Welzheim, Germany.
I just spent a small fortune in just looking that over! So many fantastic products that look top quality. Hopefully we can get some feedback from those lucky enough to get their hands on some.

Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
I will replace the existing rope with it, if it fits, if not it will be shorter.

Hmmmmm, so you think the reason there is only 11M or rope on the Grenny factory/fitted winch is that Ineos are being tight ar$es and not because it's a teeny weeny drum specifaly designed to fit in a tight space under the car ?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, so you think the reason there is only 11M or rope on the Grenny factory/fitted winch is that Ineos are being tight ar$es and not because it's a teeny weeny drum specifaly designed to fit in a tight space under the car ?
The thickness of the rope is quite heavy, I haven't seen it as yet but if it is like most Red Winches there should be enough room for a reasonable length of 10mm rope, in fact if you look at the Red Winch website the "Explorer" models which are similar to the IG winch hold between 25 and 48M of rope

Explorer 2
RED Winches 11mm (7/16″) x 30M winch rope
RED Winches 12mm (1/2″) x 25M winch rope
Explorer 2 XL
RED Winches 11mm (7/16″) x 48M winch rope
RED Winches 12mm (1/2″) x 36M winch rope

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The LeTech offerings for the Gren are shown in the file attached below.

LeTech are also an INEOS sales agent in Welzheim, Germany.
Does it say in the description how tall the drawer system is with respect to creating a flat surface when the seats are folded down? My German is a bit nonexistent.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does it say in the description how tall the drawer system is with respect to creating a flat surface when the seats are folded down? My German is a bit nonexistent.
@Krabby Using Deepl, the relevant page translates as:

Your adventure begins with optimal order! Organise your cargo space with the LeTech drawer box! The LeTech drawer box is firmly fixed to the loading floor and offers two spacious drawers (790x430x130 mm each) with variable drawer compartments. In addition, items of luggage can be secured with the fixed lashing rails on the top of the LeTech drawer box.
This way you can keep important travel items organised and within easy reach. In addition, the LeTech drawer box forms a flat surface with the folded down seat of your Grenadier when folded down.

The cost of the drawer box excluding shipping is €1820.45 (ie c.USD$1,994.12)

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
I have to admit that does look like a class act.
The light bar version looks better and less "over the top" to me.
It would probably make less wind noise too.
The drawer system looks really simple and adaptable, with the L-Track on top it would be easy to make a number of different interchangeable platforms very cheaply.
One for the upright fridge mount.
Plastic tub for wet & dirty stuff
I think the extra height of the rear platform would be more useable/accessible with a tow hitch step added when not towing.

1687882052462.png1687882134101.png1687882210629.png
1687882271914.png
1687882916953.png1687882969003.png1687883174767.png1687883631179.png1687883774116.png

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have to admit that does look like a class act.
The light bar version looks better and less "over the top" to me.
It would probably make less wind noise too.
The drawer system looks really simple and adaptable, with the L-Track on top it would be easy to make a number of different interchangeable platforms very cheaply.
One for the upright fridge mount.
Plastic tub for wet & dirty stuff
I think the extra height of the rear platform would be more useable/accessible with a tow hitch step added when not towing.

View attachment 7818222View attachment 7818223View attachment 7818224
View attachment 7818225
View attachment 7818226View attachment 7818227View attachment 7818228View attachment 7818229View attachment 7818231
Dave - I can't see the Grenadier stuff on LeTechs website - can you point me in the right direction?

Local time
Reaction score
The thickness of the rope is quite heavy, I haven't seen it as yet but if it is like most Red Winches there should be enough room for a reasonable length of 10mm rope, in fact if you look at the Red Winch website the "Explorer" models which are similar to the IG winch hold between 25 and 48M of rope
Here we are - from the mouth of thr horse....

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your message.
The integrated winch for the Grenadier is fitted with a 11mm x 15m rope. The useable length is slightly less but more than 11m.
Sadly due to the size of the space available for the winch in the Grenadier the space is smaller than we would have liked and this has resulted in a reduced drum size. The rope that is fitted is the maximum that you can fit to this winch in the 11mm diameter.
However while the winch line may appear short it does mean the winch is always working in the power band and while we carried winch extensions we never needed to use them for any of the vehicle integration testing that we carried out.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,
Neil Br*****

RED Winches Ltd

4x4offroad

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Not being tight, genuinely very little space for the winch in the modern front end that has to comply with so many pedestrian laws for safety as an OEM

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Here we are - from the mouth of thr horse....

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your message.
The integrated winch for the Grenadier is fitted with a 11mm x 15m rope. The useable length is slightly less but more than 11m.
Sadly due to the size of the space available for the winch in the Grenadier the space is smaller than we would have liked and this has resulted in a reduced drum size. The rope that is fitted is the maximum that you can fit to this winch in the 11mm diameter.
However while the winch line may appear short it does mean the winch is always working in the power band and while we carried winch extensions we never needed to use them for any of the vehicle integration testing that we carried out.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,
Neil Br*****

RED Winches Ltd
That's disappointing 😞

Back
Top Bottom