The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket Winch Bumper from LeTech

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:16 PM
Reaction score
Somebody check me, but I'm thinking the bumper insert winch combo shown won't work for the NA market because it is designed to fit flush with the longer plastic "underbite" bumper instead of the shorter steel bumper. Am I right? I think NA would have to look at a full replacement bumper winch combo or maybe they will make a smaller insert for this market.
I am positive plenty of US manufacturers will be making similar products later this year 👍

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
I am positive plenty of US manufacturers will be making similar products later this year 👍
Man, I hope so. I'm passing on the Red Winch and read somewhere on this forum that ARB said they had no plans for the Grenadier, which was pretty disappointing to read.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
I'm doing some math here, numbers are not concrete so think of it as a ball park. An steel winch bumper is around 2000. A Warn Zeon is around 2000. You are looking at 4000. The red winch is 4 grand plus 1k for the overhead pack. So you are saving 1k by buying aftermarket before labor. Am I thinking right?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm doing some math here, numbers are not concrete so think of it as a ball park. An steel winch bumper is around 2000. A Warn Zeon is around 2000. You are looking at 4000. The red winch is 4 grand plus 1k for the overhead pack. So you are saving 1k by buying aftermarket before labor. Am I thinking right?
My math is closer to a "slimline" bumper (replacing the middle section, not the wings) is $900-1k + a ComeUp Slim 12.5RS $1400 = <$2500 and gains better winch spool visibility and wired and wireless winch operation

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My math is closer to a "slimline" bumper (replacing the middle section, not the wings) is $900-1k + a ComeUp Slim 12.5RS $1400 = <$2500 and gains better winch spool visibility and wired and wireless winch operation
Yeah for the 4runner, the Southern Style Offroad and other slimline bumpers cost a lot less than the full ARB and with the modular IG bumper should be an easier install than the cutting that's needed on the Toyota.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
Are you at Abenteuer und Allrad? Couple of years since I was there
No

Just off social media.

This show and SEMA are on my list for the future though.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like the look of that. That lead angle though can't be optimum. Perhaps some rollers or other device, they know what they are doing.

Does make the Red factory option look much neater.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like a Warn winch behind that plate 👍🏼
Could be - but I'm guessing the basic design will allow you to put pretty much any winch you want in there now? Maybe even the full fat Red Winches one with a full spool of rope and that air brake...drool.

I like the look of that. That lead angle though can't be optimum. Perhaps some rollers or other device, they know what they are doing.
Looking at if a different way, this part will come into contact before the normal bumper with the unprotected oil coolers in the two wings - so could be seen as a positive benefit.
Does make the Red factory option look much neater.
I guess that must be down to taste - I think this looks more functional and practical.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve never owned or used a full sized winch in my life. ATV stuck in the mud only. I ordered the factory front integrated winch because it seemed like an engineered solution (that I don’t know how to do myself). I will find proper training and make sure I am fully comfortable with it long before I start spooling it out. For starters, I watch Ronny Dahl videos every chance I get! His YouTube channel is pure gold. Is there any reason that the Red winch could not be used with one of the better after market bumpers?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve never owned or used a full sized winch in my life. ATV stuck in the mud only. I ordered the factory front integrated winch because it seemed like an engineered solution (that I don’t know how to do myself). I will find proper training and make sure I am fully comfortable with it long before I start spooling it out. For starters, I watch Ronny Dahl videos every chance I get! His YouTube channel is pure gold. Is there any reason that the Red winch could not be used with one of the better after market bumpers?
It would depend on how it mounts; knowing that the Grenadier's RED winch is not an off the shelf model, no one knows at this point if it follows a traditional bolt pattern

Reactions: DDG

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Another good person to follow for winching is Robert Pepper
View: https://youtu.be/Z8kiz4bsaXk

this is a more advanced video but he is extremely knowledgeable.

Local time
Reaction score
I want to mount an 8274 to mine, needs to look traditional. Plus its the best winch they make.

Local time
Reaction score
These upgrades from LeTech look very tasty.
Not sure I'm understanding the need for dimple die holes in the side of the roof rack. I'm assuming the rack acts like a sort of enclosed roof basket, where the 3 dimple die pieces on each side form the enclosed area? Would love to see a top-down view to really know what's going on.

Curious which Warn winch they're running; maybe VREVO10S?

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
Hmmm, sort of, theres a couple of things-
ineos winch cost includes winch, uprated and different crossmember, upgraded front springs, wiring connected and fused
The high load wiring pack gets you a lot more than just the winch circuit, prob worth it just based on everything not winch,
and thats all covered by the ineos warranty, which is worth a bunch, and avoids finger pointing if you have any issues.

aftermarket winches are almost always going to cost more. They might be better for you, but cheaper is probably illusory. And they’re going to be way less neat, and less sorted with suspension.

im going without, but i grt how hard it is to decide with big numbers. Id get the wiring regardless, for later winch at worst. Good luck!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ineos winch cost includes winch, uprated and different crossmember, upgraded front springs, wiring connected and fused
Is there a different crossmember or are you referring to a cradle it may sit in?

"Wiring connected and fused" is in the High Load wiring pack, but you mention that below...

The high load wiring pack gets you a lot more than just the winch circuit,

Back
Top Bottom