The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket Suppliers with dedicated Grenadier gear

Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi Horst, Michael here,

regarding the awning I reviewed more or less ALL available review videos on Youtube.
Selection criteriaView attachment 7811546:
1. square meter of coverage
2. easiness of opening/closing
3. quality and sturdiness of materials used

Quick pitch: The Weathershade offers significantly more shade (15sqm) and is very easy to open and close. (which might be true for most 270 awnings)
It is super stable WITHOUT the incl. supporting pole.
FrontRunner: One reason NOT to take the Rhino Rack, was the fact, that you can't "tune" the available coverage. With the FR slimline, I left out one bar just over the Safari Windows, which allows me to open and use them. BTW: the Safari Windows are a must from my perspective. We've just travelled 1300km from Bad Toelz to Puglia and come rain or shine, the Safari Windows give you a much better "atmosphere in the car. Nobody should underestimate how low the windshield is = dark inside without the Safari windows.
We've installed the rack WITHOUT the 1cm additional spacers that FR provides with the Rack and it works fine for us.

Lacking the right measurement tool right now, I've at least took a couple of shots to demonstrate the space available. Hope that helps...
Let me know in case you need more Info.

View attachment 7811547View attachment 7811548
As an alternative to the rhino rack (through Ineos), Frontrunner have two options posted to their website. Of course, they have many accessories already for their racks...
Fully Agree with Michael, have installed the FR slimline (same as on our 2015 Defender with plenty of space and accessory available), FR Camping Table fitting below the rack and Safari Windows fully functional. According to FR, the 'expedition rails' will be available in future, too, but not essential ... picture taken for a different purpose but can send more if needed, of course

Attachments

• tempImagetFRUol.jpg
    tempImagetFRUol.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 120

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
I do like the ladder with the jerry can holder... it just looks right.

BakerField

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Collecting my Fieldmaster (Britannia Blue) this week - cannot wait!!

One thing, I didn’t spec the utility belt nor the table.

Utility belt as I didn’t want this all around the vehicle just on the rear wings and was looking to do that aftermarket. Does anyone know where these can be purchased yet?

Also, can you buy the table aftermarket direct from Ineos?

Thanks for the help!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Collecting my Fieldmaster (Britannia Blue) this week - cannot wait!!

One thing, I didn’t spec the utility belt nor the table.

Utility belt as I didn’t want this all around the vehicle just on the rear wings and was looking to do that aftermarket. Does anyone know where these can be purchased yet?

Also, can you buy the table aftermarket direct from Ineos?

Thanks for the help!
Like you, I want the track only to the rear panels. Not yet investigated carefully however the track is an industry standard so shouldn't be too difficult. Not sure that the rear table warrants the price but as I don't have one either, I am not best qualified to say. Carpet matts were definitely overprices at £220.00 +. I did purchase those but given time I think there will be better produced by the open market.
Congratulations on the purchase by the way. I am loving mine.

BakerField

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Like you, I want the track only to the rear panels. Not yet investigated carefully however the track is an industry standard so shouldn't be too difficult. Not sure that the rear table warrants the price but as I don't have one either, I am not best qualified to say. Carpet matts were definitely overprices at £220.00 +. I did purchase those but given time I think there will be better produced by the open market.
Congratulations on the purchase by the way. I am loving mine.
Yes is punchy but would like to see the table fitted and whether any of the alternates sit the same / similar. From the pictures I’ve seen it does sit pretty flush and unobtrusive (but not seen it in person yet).

I’ll do some research on the utility belts and see what I find / post in here. From what I have seen at the minute looks a simple swap out once you have the belt to install.

Nice to hear you are enjoying it - looking forward to picking it up and experiencing it!

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_5084.jpeg
    IMG_5084.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom