The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket Requests: Racks, Brackets, Protection etc.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
If we had a goldilocks list of the things that we think would be just right for the Grenadier for the aftermarket to develop and supply what would they be?

Treat this as a focus group for a company that really wants to support the Grenadier platform

I'll go first,

1. Rock sliders that have a small step built in which you can use as a jack point.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
Great first pick Stu.

Next for me would be a half height cargo barrier with quick release attachment points so it could be removed simply within a couple of minutes when I need to load some longer stuff. I’m not sure of that in the OEM version.

And then a drawer system with fridge slide integrated into the top like my current ARB sourced one in the 200.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
A easy to use quick mount for attaching lights to the drain or the alu bars. So I can attach a light when useful and put it in the car when I am going fast on the Autobahn.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
A different steering wheel option. A Three spoke as the standard one is difficult to read when manoeuvring. The steering wheel is the only thing that’s vexed me from the start.. something like this but with airbag and controls.

1678479845590.jpeg

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
The cover is supplied by INEOS, I saw them in the back of the Grenadier on Wednesday :) they look like padded heavy duty nylon bags with 'safari window bags/covers' on the label.

I read that as a screen like a sun screen as opposed to a bag for the glass.

Would anyone be planning to fit anything like an external roll cage ??

I would like a shelf that could be easily removed, but in essence is put in the back and when the seats are dropped the whole back is flat and the shelf takes away the step.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
The cover is supplied by INEOS, I saw them in the back of the Grenadier on Wednesday :) they look like padded heavy duty nylon bags with 'safari window bags/covers' on the label.
I took it as a sun screen but apart from the nylon bags I thought it was made out of polarising glass so a screen wouldn't be needed

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
I took it as a sun screen but apart from the nylon bags I thought it was made out of polarising glass so a screen wouldn't be needed
Given it's African connotations I would have thought some heat/light protection was built in.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If we had a goldilocks list of the things that we think would be just right for the Grenadier for the aftermarket to develop and supply what would they be?

Treat this as a focus group for a company that really wants to support the Grenadier platform

I'll go first,

1. Rock sliders that have a small step built in which you can use as a jack point.
Your suggestion is my number 1 choice.

But, I’d say:
*Diff protector/sliders would be nice.
*Spare tire ”relocation“ to allow for bigger spare without blocking little door
*Seems like many folks want a non-full-size roof rack for use with safari windows
*Sill protection
*Something to make the space over the wheel wells useful

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rear Cargo Cover and attachment points. Recommend one exactly like the new Defenders have. Perfectly designed. Hides everything and rolls up to practically nothing to store on board. When I get my new Grenadier, I will have to see if the one in my new Defender will fit.

3/4 Rack with much better looking attachments to the gutter rails. The current attachments cut into the side roof mounts too much.

A wish for an automatic sports mode for the engine/shifter/transmission instead of just a manual tiptronic type mode like it has.
BMW engine/shifters/transmissions have these, why not the Grenadier?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
I read that as a screen like a sun screen as opposed to a bag for the glass.

Would anyone be planning to fit anything like an external roll cage ??

I would like a shelf that could be easily removed, but in essence is put in the back and when the seats are dropped the whole back is flat and the shelf takes away the step.
Actually given the height of the back, a full cargo bay shelf that was big enough to put camping chairs etc up the top would be perfect. I’m just concerned the rear cargo area isn’t deep enough to put them in lengthways.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
+1 for the Sliders with steps.
+1 for the shorter roof rack that doesn't interfere with the safari windows.
+1 for safari window screens

US bull bar accessory. Tons of deer where I live.
Steering wheel heater. Even my Kia Niro has that.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
An easy to fit compressor with sufficient performance for repeated air down/up operations.

With a good console or brackets to mount it e.g. under the bonnet or inside close to the hydraulic jack.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
A couple of clips that lock into the recesses along the upper interior roof lining (where the cargo barriers or dig cages would normally lock into either side), and the clips would close so that you could store your fishing rods up there securely and internally within the vehicle.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A teflon/nylon roof insert panel set that ‘tucks’ over the rear edge, to make use of loading the roof directly, without scratching. So i can slide longer things, kayaks, timber, poles etc from the rear, and pull them down. Not sure how to fix it; need to see the car first. Happy to leave it on.

re 3/4 rack, im ok to use roof bars, and save $ and weight when i cant directly load the roof, but i really like not having a rack 95% of the time, save fuel, less noise, more carparks.

im with emax on wanting someone to sort out a good (twin) compressor installation somewhere underbody….

most other stuff i’d rather tinker around making myself. More fun 😉

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A different steering wheel option. A Three spoke as the standard one is difficult to read when manoeuvring. The steering wheel is the only thing that’s vexed me from the start.. something like this but with airbag and controls.

View attachment 7805754
You might decide youre ok; ive driven it a few of times, and found no problem with this. The wheel has a clear ‘feel’ point for the top, and a bigger one for the bottom. Yes there can be a lot of turns required lock to lock, but once we are all as familiar with ‘our grenadier’ as we are with any other car we own Id be surprised if the wheel orientation comes up much. Could be wrong, but given how unlikely it is to have an after market option that matches all the functions, I hope im not!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It would be great to have removable steps for the rock rails.

Here’s a company that makes rock rails with removable steps, however not for the Grenadier at this time. This set up may be great for many, however I would prefer longer removable steps that are just a bit lower to make it more convenient for my wife and guests getting in and out. After all, it you decide to go
off- road, you can very easily unbolt them. DaBull
https://n-fab.com/rkr-step-system

Attachments

• Removable Steps.jpg
    Removable Steps.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom