The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket 2/3 roof rack already available

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
Those feet are much more acceptable than the rhino.
Screenshot_20230308_075338.jpg
I like the solid legs and wonder about the folded edges of the Rhino; but even the FR still has quite a small footprint in the gutter to take the vertical load.

The Patriot rack on my Defender has a load spreading plate (leg assembly) that runs the full length between the clamps, which seems a good idea:

Screenshot_20230308_081817.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:39 PM
Reaction score
Vertical load is one thing , but what about torsional load?
Unless it's rated I'd be wary at this stage.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7805604
I like the solid legs and wonder about the folded edges of the Rhino; but even the FR still has quite a small footprint in the gutter to take the vertical load.

The Patriot rack on my Defender has a load spreading plate (leg assembly) that runs the full length between the clamps, which seems a good idea:

View attachment 7805605
I read somewhere that IA didn't go with FR because of wind noise issues, this could be just a rumor though

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is my concern
Yes, I'm more than open to that concern, but have never seen any testing data either way.

The Rhino Rack is steel (?) so maybe has some flex designed/built in but the FR looks, and my Patriot is, aluminium, which I feel may be better braced.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
Yes, I'm more than open to that concern, but have never seen any testing data either way.

The Rhino Rack is steel (?) so maybe has some flex designed/built in but the FR looks, and my Patriot is, aluminium, which I feel may be better braced.
The Rhino Pioneer which looks identical to the IG rack is made form aluminum with glass reinforced plastic corners

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Rhino Rack from the Ineos accessories brochure has a bit of both:

Platform: 6063-T5 aluminium
Foot: Stainless steel

I wonder if those GRP corners just help with stress relief?

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
Wouldn't it make sense to start a thread collecting links to all aftermarket providers who offer whatever tailored specifically to the IG? Or does that exist already and I missed it?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:39 AM
Reaction score
Wouldn't it make sense to start a thread collecting links to all aftermarket providers who offer whatever tailored specifically to the IG? Or does that exist already and I missed it?
Great idea - I just started one and lead off with a link to Front Runner's Slim Line rack.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
@muxmax had a great idea. Here's a thread to post Grenadier-specific aftermarket accessories; ie, here's a link to a roof rack made from Front Runner SLIM LINE
Thanks, Krabby. Suggest to put "after market" in the tag or the title. That could make it easier to find the thread.

Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
Quite strange, the original link I posted lead to a 2/3 roof rack and now they have changed it to a full-sized one covering the safari windows. The same as posted by @Krabby. Price is also higher but weight is the same 🙄

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
Quite strange, the original link I posted lead to a 2/3 roof rack and now they have changed it to a full-sized one covering the safari windows. The same as posted by @Krabby. Price is also higher but weight is the same 🙄
Strange. I was mildly interested in the 2/3 rack, not interested in the full size. If I'm going that route (that would interfere with the safari windows, which I want) I'd get the factory one with the warranty.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ugly! With four clamps on each side you block the grab handle and electric outlets.
Only seen one rendering so far that solves that problem. Only issue is it's just a rendering:
FB_IMG_1663776944311.jpg
But Delta 4x4 were at the recent opening of the Hedin showroom in Zurich, so maybe more to follow.

Back
Top Bottom