The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Additional North American Driving Events Planned?

REOhio

Forum Donor
Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
During our visit to the Tampa, Florida driving event we were told IG were planning to "circle back" through each of the cities they were visiting for a second round of programs. These were to feature later prototypes or pre-production models. They events were to take place sometime within the 4 week pre-ordering window for NA reservation holders. I just checked the events site and no new dates have been added.
Was anyone else told anything about these new events or their planned dates?

Local time
Reaction score
During our visit to the Tampa, Florida driving event we were told IG were planning to "circle back" through each of the cities they were visiting for a second round of programs. These were to feature later prototypes or pre-production models. They events were to take place sometime within the 4 week pre-ordering window for NA reservation holders. I just checked the events site and no new dates have been added.
Was anyone else told anything about these new events or their planned dates?
Frankly that's asinine for someone to have told you that. The pre-order starts in a month. So they're going to circle back through to ALL the sights in the span of a month when they will be in SLC AFTER the pre-orders are slated to open?

Not happening. Not even logistically feasible.

I can see them coming 'round, again, after pre-orders are in, but I see absolutely zero chance of road tests or production vehicle tests before the orders open up.

Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
I was told almost that exact thing so we could get an on-road experience, but not clear when it was to occur, specifically.

REOhio

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Frankly that's asinine for someone to have told you that. The pre-order starts in a month. So they're going to circle back through to ALL the sights in the span of a month when they will be in SLC AFTER the pre-orders are slated to open?

Not happening. Not even logistically feasible.

I can see them coming 'round, again, after pre-orders are in, but I see absolutely zero chance of road tests or production vehicle tests before the orders open up.
I wondered how feasible this could be as well. Wes, the guy I think many of us have spoken to, was who mentioned this. As the event we attended was on March 21 I felt like they might be able to make it work. Now, obviously I agree with you @CryHavoc - not gonna happen. We're therefore kind of in the same spot as our UK, European, and Aussie brethren - ordering, and probably paying for, vehicles we've not had the chance to examine in their final form or to drive on road.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
At the Dahlonega, GA drive event, Wes said there would not be any second round on-road drive events before ordering starts in N.A., and that they hoped to be able to have road legal vehicles in the U.S. over the summer at the authorized dealers for folks to test drive. Nothing set in stone yet.

REOhio

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
At the Dahlonega, GA drive event, Wes said there would not be any second round on-road drive events before ordering starts in N.A., and that they hoped to be able to have road legal vehicles in the U.S. over the summer at the authorized dealers for folks to test drive. Nothing set in stone yet.
@Loc Nar that would make much more sense and be a bit more practical. Assuming of course there are enough dealers spotted around that we're all not driving 5+ hours each way to reach one. I am optimistic and supportive but when you really start working through some of this there are many questions that pop up! I do hope 1)we have a dealer nearby; 2)they get something on the lot we can more closely inspect; 3)they are licensed to drive on the road; and 4)they arrive in time that if needed we can pull the plug on the deal (really hoping not to need/want to consider this!). Next week some of the questions we've had will be answered.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told the exact same thing at NY event.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
@Loc Nar that would make much more sense and be a bit more practical. Assuming of course there are enough dealers spotted around that we're all not driving 5+ hours each way to reach one. I am optimistic and supportive but when you really start working through some of this there are many questions that pop up! I do hope 1)we have a dealer nearby; 2)they get something on the lot we can more closely inspect; 3)they are licensed to drive on the road; and 4)they arrive in time that if needed we can pull the plug on the deal (really hoping not to need/want to consider this!). Next week some of the questions we've had will be answered.
It's been reported from multiple folks that the initial U.S. dealers are expected to be located near the sites of the scheduled off-road drive events. It is also my understanding Ineos plans to eventually branch out to other locations.

REOhio

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It's been reported from multiple folks that the initial U.S. dealers are expected to be located near the sites of the scheduled off-road drive events. It is also my understanding Ineos plans to eventually branch out to other locations.
Wes shared that tidbit in Tampa as well. They might want to rethink that Chicagoland site. The event is in two days and there are still a number of spots open. All the others, past and present, have been filled. Some quite quickly.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Im going off pure guesswork, but I would imagine when the order window closes at end of June that these PTO3s (or road legal variants) won't be at the appointed dealers for our on road testing. The worst case scenario (if you can stomach it) is ordering one and converting your $450 to a non-refundable, then finding out the Grenadier is not what you want after the fact and forfeiting the deposit to the dealer (not Ineos according the Wes). I will probably go this route, basically betting my deposit on (1) Ineos resolving these Gremlins prior to NA delivery and (2) the On road manners being what I expect from piecing together everyones input thus far.

REOhio

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Im going off pure guesswork, but I would imagine when the order window closes at end of June that these PTO3s (or road legal variants) won't be at the appointed dealers for our on road testing. The worst case scenario (if you can stomach it) is ordering one and converting your $450 to a non-refundable, then finding out the Grenadier is not what you want after the fact and forfeiting the deposit to the dealer (not Ineos according the Wes). I will probably go this route, basically betting my deposit on (1) Ineos resolving these Gremlins prior to NA delivery and (2) the On road manners being what I expect from piecing together everyones input thus far.
@NoMoTaco that is precisely the line of thinking I am presently following. Completely agree with everything you said. I must once more reinforce that I am supportive and pretty confident (and reasonably patient I should add) but I do want to approach this wisely. A bit of emotional realism and detachment might save me from a jarring disappointment. Let's hope these next few months see the resolution of at least some of the most egregious growing pains. Now if I could choose a darn color! :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom