The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ADAS in North America (Canada) advice for managing.

Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
Our Trialmaster has landed on Canadian soil and we expect to take delivery within a month or so.
Would appreciate any advice on wrangling the ADAS system in order to minimize driver interventions, especially on
Start up and regarding the speed limit notification. Can the dealer help with this?

bradb622

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Congratulations on the news your Grenadier is almost home. There is a way to program the ADAS into favourites. Your dealer will likely set this up or you can find the steps here on this forum. The speed alert does reset with each start, but having it in favourites makes it much easier to toggle back off.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure California will be ADAS defeat friendly.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At least their proposed law would be 10mph over, not 1mph as is the case now…5-8yrs ahead of the game.

Who would of thought Ineos would be more restrictive than California 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Zak Smith

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
Set the favorite to the screen where you can complete disable ADAS. Get in, turn on, disable auto start/stop, hit fav, wait 5-10 seconds, disable ADAS via touchscreen.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the over speed warning is mandatory on all passenger vehicles manufactured in the EU / UK after July, 2023. While some manufacturers have separate systems for export, not all do. With that in mind, there are some things you can do to neutralize the caloric output and time required by the two button pushes needed to defeat the over speed warning.

Don’t change the radio station as often, if at all.
Give at least two less “Likes” on social media that day.
Don’t lock your car with the key fob as you will also have to unlock it.
Set your phone passcode to 4 digits instead of 6.
Use voice-to-text for at least one word per day.
Abbreviate
Use acronyms
Set your TV timer to switch off automatically.
Neuralink - it’s expensive - but it could probably be used for other, less important, applications.

Also, I believe your vehicle will learn to go to the intelligent speed assist page as a favourite after you scroll to it a few times. No programming is necessary. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: IGL

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the over speed warning is mandatory on all passenger vehicles manufactured in the EU / UK after July, 2023. While some manufacturers have separate systems for export, not all do. With that in mind, there are some things you can do to neutralize the caloric output and time required by the two button pushes needed to defeat the over speed warning.

Don’t change the radio station as often, if at all.
You still listen to the radio?
Give at least two less “Likes” on social media that day.
I don’t do social media. I guess I could give fewer likes here, but that would be wrong😜
Don’t lock your car with the key fob as you will also have to unlock it.
But locking with key leaves all those weird scratch marks all around the edges 🥴
Set your phone passcode to 4 digits instead of 6.
I use Face ID
Use voice-to-text for at least one word per day.
I hub tsulide dat but it du not rike my ranguage
Abbreviate
Other people don’t understand, which then requires more effort to explain the second time
Use acronyms
SAA👆🏻
Set your TV timer to switch off automatically.
It does already, plus I don’t watch that much TV
Neuralink - it’s expensive - but it could probably be used for other, less important, applications.
I have one of those, it’s called, My Wife (MW). Yes they are very expensive. They require access to all financial accounts as part of the set up process. MW tells me what to do, thinks she can read my mind and that I should be able to read hers, and she tells me everyday what my problems are (I.e. “You know what your problem is….(fill in the blank)).

Unfortunately MW is not very good at interfacing with vehicles. Mine is an older version, so maybe if I upgrade to a newer version it will work better 🤡
Also, I believe your vehicle will learn to go to the intelligent speed assist page as a favourite after you scroll to it a few times. No programming is necessary. 😜
😂🤙😂😜…..Sorry I couldn’t resist. I’m in one of those moods today 🤪Happy Sunday everyone!!

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You still listen to the radio?

I don’t do social media. I guess I could give fewer likes here, but that would be wrong😜

But locking with key leaves all those weird scratch marks all around the edges 🥴

I use Face ID

I hub tsulide dat but it du not rike my ranguage

Other people don’t understand, which then requires more effort to explain the second time

SAA👆🏻

It does already, plus I don’t watch that much TV

I have one of those, it’s called, My Wife (MW). Yes they are very expensive. They require access to all financial accounts as part of the set up process. MW tells me what to do, thinks she can read my mind and that I should be able to read hers, and she tells me everyday what my problems are (I.e. “You know what your problem is….(fill in the blank)).

Unfortunately MW is not very good at interfacing with vehicles. Mine is an older version, so maybe if I upgrade to a newer version it will work better 🤡

😂🤙😂😜…..Sorry I couldn’t resist. I’m in one of those moods today 🤪Happy Sunday everyone!!
That was a good read - thanks!

Local time
Reaction score
With the sheer number of complaints about this implementation, I think at this point it's valid and legitimate to ask questions about a function that's isn't properly implemented in the US and Canada (even if you accept warning at 1mph as valid, the stored speed limits are often incorrect). There's no reason people should have to waste time disabling something that's clearly broken from the manufacturer (in all countries), for a law that doesn't exist in the country in question.

It's not a question of calories or "time", it's just yet another annoyance that should be avoidable. We've already got enough buttons to push during our ever-increasing button-based days, hopping in a utilitarian vehicle supposedly designed to be as simple as possible and dealing with menus on every start isn't really fitting of the design intent, is it?

The EU ISA regulations require a >90% accuracy rate with the notifications, and thus should be using both optical and map-based approaches to determining appropriate speed. Further, the map-based systems will require updates to stay current, as speed limits change frequently. None of this applies (the regulations) in the US or Canada, but even if it did, I get the distinct impression the vehicle is nowhere near this accuracy of notification in the US, based on our signage and whatever maps they are using. The ability to either permanently defeat the system or at least modify the threshold would resolve the issue for drivers.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With the sheer number of complaints about this implementation, I think at this point it's valid and legitimate to ask questions about a function that's isn't properly implemented in the US and Canada (even if you accept warning at 1mph as valid, the stored speed limits are often incorrect). There's no reason people should have to waste time disabling something that's clearly broken from the manufacturer (in all countries), for a law that doesn't exist in the country in question.

It's not a question of calories or "time", it's just yet another annoyance that should be avoidable. We've already got enough buttons to push during our ever-increasing button-based days, hopping in a utilitarian vehicle supposedly designed to be as simple as possible and dealing with menus on every start isn't really fitting of the design intent, is it?

The EU ISA regulations require a >90% accuracy rate with the notifications, and thus should be using both optical and map-based approaches to determining appropriate speed. Further, the map-based systems will require updates to stay current, as speed limits change frequently. None of this applies (the regulations) in the US or Canada, but even if it did, I get the distinct impression the vehicle is nowhere near this accuracy of notification in the US, based on our signage and whatever maps they are using. The ability to either permanently defeat the system or at least modify the threshold would resolve the issue for drivers.
The character count of your very thoughtful reply is the equivalent number of button pushes it takes to turn the over speed warning off once a day for over two years. 😜 🤣

Many new vehicles have a specific design-purpose they're aiming for. They still alert us when we don’t buckle our seatbelts, walk away with the key while it’s running, don’t close all of our doors, weave out of a lane… As for design specific relief, engaging the off-road mode disables seat belt, speed warnings, etc., Your goal is already achieved.

In addition to mandatory inclusion on EU and UK cars, the US government, in late 2023, asked all makers to implement this system. A letter went to 17 car manufacturers asking their voluntary participation. I’m certain in Ineos application for import to the U.S., safety features were discussed thoroughly. Regardless of how people feel, this technology is bound to become more prevalent, not less.

4x4Brick #1561

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I do the same process but I noticed, especially if the infotainment was left in 'Audio' mode and still on FM or XM, the favorite button tends to call up a radio function. Also if I have my foot on the brake the ADAS menu doesn't come up.

Local time
Reaction score
In addition to mandatory inclusion on EU and UK cars, the US government, in late 2023, asked all makers to implement this system. A letter went to 17 car manufacturers asking their voluntary participation. I’m certain in Ineos application for import to the U.S., safety features were discussed thoroughly. Regardless of how people feel, this technology is bound to become more prevalent, not less.
Perhaps you did not read my post, even though you took the time to compliment my writing. I will keep this short and simple for you. I do not take issue with the idea, merely the implementation. If the system worked as required by law in the EU while utilized in the US/Canada, it would not be an issue. Take care.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Mine doesn't do anything when over speed limit, uk model delivery April/May 2023. Not sure if this is correct or if it is because I have turned all the beeps/warning sounds to a minimum or off. Always first thing i do when i get a new car. Would this reset when I start the car. Also, what really annoys is that the radio turns on every time I start even if turned off prior, only way to fix is turn sound off before the ignition then it turns on still in silence for me to turn up later. Is this normal, and I do mean the car, not me.

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
The EU/UK position isnt what was typed higher up.

6th July 2022 saw speed limiters become a legal requirement for all new cars manufactured in Europe. However, it can be turned on or off and would remember the setting. I had the LIM on my Discovery 4 back in 2011. My 2019 Z4 has it. So many brands have had it in place for over a very long time before this. The UK was one of three European countries that were used for trials of it for nearly 20 years. Hence why it was available for so long.
7th July 2024 onwards, all car manufacturers will be legally required to ensure any cars on sale in their showrooms have speed limiters fitted (i.e. retrofit it into models that didnt have it that are still on sale as new)

The legislation prior to July 2024 is off by default. But from July 2024 it is on by default.

There are three main types of speed limiters. Here is quick explainer on how they each work:
  • An informative or advisory ISA prevents speeding by showing a warning symbol or alert if you exceed the speed limit, whilst also reminding you of the legal limit.
  • A supportive or warning ISA increases upward pressure on the accelerator pedal, making it harder to push down on the pedal if you exceed the speed limit.
  • Finally, an intervening (or mandatory) ISA reduces the engine power if you are speeding, ensuring a gradual speed reduction (with no braking required). This type of speed limiter works similarly to a cruise control system by ensuring the vehicle does not exceed a certain speed (in this case, the legal speed limit).

Personally, my main concern is that you frequently see road speeds showing incorrectly on the screen. i.e. showing as 30mph when its 50mph.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps you did not read my post, even though you took the time to compliment my writing. I will keep this short and simple for you. I do not take issue with the idea, merely the implementation. If the system worked as required by law in the EU while utilized in the US/Canada, it would not be an issue. Take care.
I was unaware that the system was wonky. I always turn it off as I’m going down my driveway.

Back
Top Bottom