The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3D GUIDES AND REPAIR MANUALS

ARF

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:05 AM
Reaction score
With deliveries progressing how will anyone be able to service and repair without the guides and repair manuals? Hopefully Ineos release the complete documentation soon.

Clipboard01.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
5W-30 dumbass or 5-40.

Was hoping Christian and Vera to look into it further.

I'll stick with the recommended one for a bit I guess, if can get the recommended one.

ARF

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
5W-30 dumbass or 5-40.

Was hoping Christian and Vera to look into it further.

I'll stick with the recommended one for a bit I guess, if can get the recommended one.
I think the owners manual had 0 or 5W30 (B57) & 0W20 (B58) but lets hope it uses less than the F33A in the Landcruiser 300.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
I've read claims that there's no need for a quick oil change because of better manufacturing processes, better lubricants, etc. But I'm still a bit old school and intend on changing out around 500 miles too.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've read claims that there's no need for a quick oil change because of better manufacturing processes, better lubricants, etc. But I'm still a bit old school and intend on changing out around 500 miles too.
It won't do it any harm, whether it doesn't need one or not.

ARF

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
update today from Ineos.

"Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.

I hope your day is going well,

Looking into your request, I can confirm that our 3D repair manual should be launching around the end of this year.

We know you might want to do some work yourself. So, we’ve designed and engineered the Grenadier to be easy to work on inside and out. To help you we’ll provide online repair manuals, with support from the technical team at INEOS HQ just a call or a click away.

Of course, a 21st century vehicle comes with electronics best left to our master technicians, but your Owner’s Handbook and online ‘How To’ guides can help you carry out your own simple mechanical maintenance. You’ll also find every component broken down on screen in the online interactive animated 3D repair manual.

Please be reassured that you will be communicated too once we launch our 3D rep
air manual."

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
update today from Ineos.

Looking into your request, I can confirm that our 3D repair manual should be launching around the end of this year.
Around the end of this year in Ineos speak is probably June next year for the announcement that the online manual is imminent and August for roll out.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
  • Thanks Gary. Any idea when the online workshop manual will be available? I've asked about the locations for the footwell pre-wired outlets and I have been given copies of the mini-guide electrical picture. I want to add a dash-cam; if I do it myself, I can spend a day doing it, where an auto-electrician or workshop will be keen to complete in a couple of hours or less, to retain a profit margin. The access to workshop data was a massive part of the USP for me; I want to be able to maintain it now, (if I can be bothered, Chandlers are very tempting), but in 10-15-20 years time, when the usual main dealer wants to concentrate on the next shiny trinket.
  • APR 25 Gary Pearson sent the following message at 1:13 PM
    View Gary’s profileGary Pearson
    Gary Pearson 1:13 PM
    Hi Jeremy, I asked the team that has that on their list and the manual should go live this week It’s very much an important part for us as well so we’re keen to put it in your hands Gary
  • Jeremy Edwards sent the following messages at 1:18 PM
    View Jeremy’s profileJeremy Edwards
    Jeremy Edwards 1:18 PM
    Thanks Gary. Do you know how I will get access? Web Portal? Passwords? It’s a novel problem; getting data from any other manufacturer is a “no”, unless you become an agent and spend a vast fortune on dedicated kit.
  • APR 28
    Jeremy Edwards 11:34 AM
    Any news? I will have stuff to bolt to the Grenadier and would like to do it once, properly.
  • MAY 7
    Jeremy Edwards 9:38 PM
    Just to reflect on my previous message; any update? I have enquired via the website and no response at all from there.
  • MAY 11Gary Pearson sent the following message at 7:43 PM
    View Gary’s profileGary Pearson
    Gary Pearson 7:43 PM
    Hi Jeremy The main owners’ manual is available on the website now as a pdf. If you’re looking for the detailed CAD elements that we’ve referred to in previous Press then these will be released later as they will be finalised once all markets are live (America launches 2024). That said, if there are specific jobs you’re looking to do them let me know what they are and I’ll see if I can get them for you from Aftersales. I asked them today and they said they will have some parts ready for individual customers who need them. Best regards Gary
  • Jeremy Edwards sent the following messages at 10:23 PM
    Jeremy Edwards 10:23 PM
    Thanks Gary. The current concern is the power feed in the nearside footwell and the ease of whIch I can get a cable from the front windscreen top to the rear screen top and into the rear door, all for a front/rear dash-cam. If there is a trim sub-manual, that would be helpful, as I will need to lift/replace a few bits; knowing how they are fastened makes it less likely I will damage them.
  • View Jeremy’s profileJeremy Edwards
    Jeremy Edwards 10:35 PM
    Are you seriously holding the full release over until 2024? I suggest that is less than ideal and a significant departure from the previously published intentions. There are already early drivers of the released Grenadiers on the fora wanting to do an oil replacement and filter change, so I would prioritise the service procedures and the ability to order service consumables.

• MAY 12
    Jeremy Edwards 10:41 PM

As I had a client meeting nearby, I visited Chandler's at lunchtime and asked about them installing my dashcam. They will come back to me, but at this point, they have no more clue than I do. I was alarmed that the workshop manual is not released to them either. I gather they will be talking to Lee on Monday for guidance."

I am getting a little fed up about the response on the 3D manual, so above is the complete transcript of my LinkedIn messages between April 24th and today. Chandlers have not got back to me as Ineos have not got back to them.
  • Not a happy bunny

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I don't think I am being unreasonable yet; Chandlers came back to me with a £540+VAT estimate based on 6 hours for my dash-cam. Jason said they had received very little back from Ineos and it was frankly a guess.

I'm not sure I dare put my feelings into words for a few hours.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Aye, good point.

Anyone know when the first oil change is due? perhaps @Halliwell Jones Chester has the jive??

I for one will be targeting first 500 miles or so for a change of blood and filter.
There's a screen in one of the menus - gives it in terms of mileage, calendar time and engine hours.

Back
Top Bottom