The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Any Alaskan Grenadiers Owners on board here?

Pete Brown

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
Hi… I have a Grenadier on the lot in Seattle at Elliot Bay Motors and need to close the deal or walk away shortly. I have had conversations with Grenadier USA and they have been clear that there will likely not be a dealer in Alaska in the immediate future to do warranty work. Further it appears that the out of dealer service centers are not yet up and running and the release into the public domain of the service manuals and tech docs is behind schedule with no news of when that is going to happen.

There are supposed to at least three Grenadiers heading to Alaska shortly. Are any of you on line here? What are your plans for maintenance?

Pete Brown
Anchorage

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
I agree it's a departure from what was promised. As someone who is unlikely to raise a spanner to my car , I would however like to see such an indepth manual. This might go some way to explain why my Fieldmaster is currently being torn apart at the agents in the hunt for water ingress and battery drain faults.

Pete Brown

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I have discovered two more Grenadiers coming to Alaska besides mine and have been told but unable to confirm there are three more. Though public domain service manuals have not yet been released, I am told that this still part of the plan but my inquiry to HQ in the UK asking for confirmation has gone unanswered.

In discussions with the Seattle dealer Elliot Bay Auto Brokers, we may well be able to use the “flying spanners” approach wherein we have a mechanic fly up to do light warranty work like computer updates, etc. Major warranty work, if any, would require shipping or driving to Seattle.

If the final count is 6 Grenadiers, and some or most are within driving range of Anchorage, owners might be able to coordinate warranty services so one mechanic flys up and works on 3 or 4 cars while he is here. Things get more reasonable if warranty work can be coordinated.

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
I have discovered two more Grenadiers coming to Alaska besides mine and have been told but unable to confirm there are three more. Though public domain service manuals have not yet been released, I am told that this still part of the plan but my inquiry to HQ in the UK asking for confirmation has gone unanswered.

In discussions with the Seattle dealer Elliot Bay Auto Brokers, we may well be able to use the “flying spanners” approach wherein we have a mechanic fly up to do light warranty work like computer updates, etc. Major warranty work, if any, would require shipping or driving to Seattle.

If the final count is 6 Grenadiers, and some or most are within driving range of Anchorage, owners might be able to coordinate warranty services so one mechanic flys up and works on 3 or 4 cars while he is here. Things get more reasonable if warranty work can be coordinated.
Your concern about the independent repair facilities and not having access to the online repair manuals like we were promised is certainly legitimate especially in your situation. I think you should strongly consider the downside and great expense of getting your car serviced or having warranty work performed. At the same time I under stand your desire to have such a unique vehicle and I would thing that the Grenadier would be perfect for Alaska. But living in the land of reality you have to know that things do break and there are certainly known issues that still need to be resolved. If I were you I would wait but I guess I may be to practical but what ever you decide I wish good luck and keep us posted. Hopefully the promise that were made concerning the maintenance of the Grenadier will be kept. Thanks for your post!

Local time
Reaction score
Hi… I have a Grenadier on the lot in Seattle at Elliot Bay Motors and need to close the deal or walk away shortly. I have had conversations with Grenadier USA and they have been clear that there will likely not be a dealer in Alaska in the immediate future to do warranty work. Further it appears that the out of dealer service centers are not yet up and running and the release into the public domain of the service manuals and tech docs is behind schedule with no news of when that is going to happen.

There are supposed to at least three Grenadiers heading to Alaska shortly. Are any of you on line here? What are your plans for maintenance?

Pete Brown
Anchorage
I'm interested to see which way you go. Looking to purchase a vehicle in the spring and this has been on my radar for a while. Not having a place to take the vehicle for service makes me nervous and is part of my decision making process. Especially when for North America this is the first run of a new vehicle and company. Even something as simple as windshield replacement could be a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom