The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Access to 3D Guides & Repair Manuals

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Access to 3D Guides & Repair Manuals

Will this be available from day 1 of the first customer taking delivery of their vehicle?

Will it cover all vehicles systems, sub-systems, and assemblies will no areas or items excluded or with reduced levels of detail?

Will there also be the phone number made available to talk directly to technically competent persons within the Ineos HQ team?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy996

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
It's tumbleweed in the UK too!
I asked Gary Pearson and he said Q1 2024. He also said they would be opening an e-shop for accessories in Q1 2024. (Head of Commercial Operations & UK, MENA & Ire at INEOS Automotive)

Vote:

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes have we heard anything on this? This was one of the things that attracted me to this vehicle... the open sharing of information from Manufacture to owner.

Vote:

[ Adam ]

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I asked on the web chat tool earlier this month. The response was basically "no, because dealerships". Its really feels like Ineos USA has just handed EVERYTHING over to the dealerships...

Edit: to clarify, this was regarding the online parts catalog, not workshop manuals.

Last edited:
Vote:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, I heard months ago from well-informed circles that there will probably be no workshop manual and parts catalogue as communicated at the very beginning well before delivery. Yes, that disappointed me too.

Vote:
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, I heard months ago from well-informed circles that there will probably be no workshop manual and parts catalogue as communicated at the very beginning well before delivery. Yes, that disappointed me too.
I didn't think you could do that. You have to make repair manuals available surely?

Vote:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't think you could do that. You have to make repair manuals available surely?
Sure, they exist for the dealers. However, early Ineos publications stated that we customers have access to these documents, as we also want to work on the vehicles ourselves. However, this publication will probably not be available in the version originally planned. Possibly a limited documentation for simple operations. This is at least being discussed. But it has been for a long time. I am looking forward to the result.

Vote:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
Under the current Australian legislation, they have to make the information available so independents are able to access ...but it generally comes at a price... ...usually on a subscription basis.

Check out: "Yes Minister" for the automotive industry... aka
then there's https://aasra.com.au/ see especially the part about being a "fit and proper person"....

Mind you, the manufacturers' liability implications for workplace Health and Safety when it comes to electrical issues with modern vehicles must be a nightmare.... let alone extending it to the DIY brigade!

Last edited:
Vote:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If true, then that is horseshit. So it's: "Built On Purpose. Kept $ecret On Purpose."

I totally bought into the "we're doing things differently" and the explicit appeal to DIY/modding/transparency.
Yes, I agree with you. I had also firmly expected that. I raised the issue several times with representatives from Ineos. Unfortunately, the answers were sobering. There have probably been discussions for a long time about what is passed on to customers and in what form. It's not all evening yet. I will take it up again at the next opportunity and remind them of their initial communication in this regard.

Vote:

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
So, based on Mossy's reply below in their 'Ask the dealer' thread, how's the 'third party repair facility' supposed to work on the IG without a workshop/parts manual especially in the early stages of Ineos' expansion? Not to mention the 'do it yourself' part.

"Hi @reauxheaux - Yes, they are part of our family, but unassociated with our Grenadier store. Any warranty work would need to be completed by an authorized Grenadier dealer. You are free to go to any third-party repair facility for maintenance and repair work, or even do it yourself - be sure to keep all documentation!"

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom