The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Lurking in the shadows... time to say hello from an INEOS employee!

Paddy

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Paddy and I'm based in Hampshire, UK. I was spotted by @simonpa in an early chassis numbered Eldoret Blue, TM yesterday and I thought it was time to introduce myself after 6 months of watching....

I am the Global Programme Manager for Used Vehicles at INEOS Automotive (IAL) and now that I've reached 6 month's employment, I thought I'd finally say hello to the forum and introduce myself and what we are trying to do. Having spoken with Krabby and Stu towards the end of last year about lurking whilst I settle in (hello guys! Time for a catch-up!), I am sure you can appreciate how busy things have been at IAL, especially in some of the more mature markets where we need to ensure robust processes and operations for ourselves, our retail partners and of course for all of our current and future IG user family.

I do not currently own a Grenadier (this will be rectified in the family shortly) but I am very fortunate to spend a lot of time driving the wonderful things. So, rather than exhaust everyone with a biopic (happy to share if required) I thought you might prefer a small amount of photos I've taken in the last 6 months instead. Number plates have been blurred.

First is the locally spotted Eldoret, petrol TM. It has been used for marketing, supplier and partner support/awareness/test drives and is build number 589, so an early registered series production vehicle. She drives perfectly and without fault and when this hits the open market there are a LOT of people internally that will be sad to not be able to enjoy driving her again:

1714199231149.jpg

Same vehicle whilst on a demo, you may spot my 8 yr old daughter on the roof... she is one of those who will be upset to say goodbye to "Bluey" from the IAL family... but pleased to see her in the hands of their new owner:
1714199458087.jpg

Another Early series vehicle, Donnie Grey, derv FM:

1714199507138.jpeg

When not out and about, I'm normally found at HQ annoying people or enjoying the view in the car park:

1714199720144.jpg

This is a dreadful picture but a vehicle many of you will have seen around the world. Still going strong and helping shine a light on what's still possible:

1714199918957.jpg

And our INEOS showroom in Böblingen, De:
1714197948185.jpeg

If you made it this far, well done. I look forward to continuing to enjoy what you have all built through this forum, maybe help where I can and help to bring more members here through facilitating the used vehicle programme.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
Good-oh!
We're a pretty friendly , nerdy and active bunch weighted towards the golden year age group.
But I'm sure that's well known in IA circles!
Power to you , for your involvement and energy.
And as I now say to people "If you've never owned a Grenadier , you haven't lived!"

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Paddy and Simon.
As a fellow North Hampshire resident I think I have seen you all about at some point.
Paddy - great to hear your enthusiasm as an IA employee and more so for being on here, very welcome.
My Grenadier is very nearly a year old now, Donny Grey with a few battle scars, but just fantastic fun.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi @Paddy nice to meet you here in the forum officially. I'm sure this will enrich us, the Grenadier owners, but above all IA. The forum has so much potential that you can use and it won't even cost IA anything. We benefit each other.
I'm glad you mentioned the showroom in Böblingen with a photo. IA can present itself well in the midst of many interesting car brands. But there is still potential. I've already given your colleagues in Germany the tips. Make sure that the vehicles are seen in the right light even when it is dark outside. During my last visit, I found it a shame that the deserted desk was illuminated, while to the left in the darkness the dark grenadier was just waiting to be discovered. ;) I look forward to a lively exchange with you and your colleagues!

Attachments

• F3BEEC5D-DDCF-44FE-97CC-8FBCFC76D250.jpeg
    F3BEEC5D-DDCF-44FE-97CC-8FBCFC76D250.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A warm welcome to you Paddy.

I hope this site proves as rewarding for you as it has for many of us. I'm sure that most of us will look forward to the added value that you can bring.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Paddy and I'm based in Hampshire, UK.
First is the locally spotted Eldoret, petrol TM. It has been used for marketing, supplier and partner support/awareness/test drives and is build number 589, so an early registered series production vehicle.

Welcome.

You mention early production vehicles. Are there any significant differences in later builds?

Jerry

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Paddy and I'm based in Hampshire, UK. I was spotted by @simonpa in an early chassis numbered Eldoret Blue, TM yesterday and I thought it was time to introduce myself after 6 months of watching....

I am the Global Programme Manager for Used Vehicles at INEOS Automotive (IAL) and now that I've reached 6 month's employment, I thought I'd finally say hello to the forum and introduce myself and what we are trying to do. Having spoken with Krabby and Stu towards the end of last year about lurking whilst I settle in (hello guys! Time for a catch-up!), I am sure you can appreciate how busy things have been at IAL, especially in some of the more mature markets where we need to ensure robust processes and operations for ourselves, our retail partners and of course for all of our current and future IG user family.

I do not currently own a Grenadier (this will be rectified in the family shortly) but I am very fortunate to spend a lot of time driving the wonderful things. So, rather than exhaust everyone with a biopic (happy to share if required) I thought you might prefer a small amount of photos I've taken in the last 6 months instead. Number plates have been blurred.

First is the locally spotted Eldoret, petrol TM. It has been used for marketing, supplier and partner support/awareness/test drives and is build number 589, so an early registered series production vehicle. She drives perfectly and without fault and when this hits the open market there are a LOT of people internally that will be sad to not be able to enjoy driving her again:

View attachment 7854778

Same vehicle whilst on a demo, you may spot my 8 yr old daughter on the roof... she is one of those who will be upset to say goodbye to "Bluey" from the IAL family... but pleased to see her in the hands of their new owner:
View attachment 7854779

View attachment 7854780

When not out and about, I'm normally found at HQ annoying people or enjoying the view in the car park:

View attachment 7854781

This is a dreadful picture but a vehicle many of you will have seen around the world. Still going strong and helping shine a light on what's still possible:

View attachment 7854782

View attachment 7854777

If you made it this far, well done. I look forward to continuing to enjoy what you have all built through this forum, maybe help where I can and help to bring more members here through facilitating the used vehicle programme.
Dude, nice to meet you! Love my Ineos, but please don’t go all green on us with another electric car failure that has the ability to pull you down financially. We all want Ineos automotive to survive and the cash drain on electric vehicles and the lack of consumer demand in the USA is real.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

What is the used car program(me).

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7854778

View attachment 7854779

View attachment 7854780

View attachment 7854781

View attachment 7854782

View attachment 7854777

Hi Paddy, Welcome onboard the Grenadier Forum. Thank you for being part of this amazing vehicle. If you ever see Sir Jim Ratcliffe, please thank him for me too. We are all part of his dream and now making memories for ourselves too. So Thankful! DaBull

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on “Coming out of the boot” (‘coming out of the closet’ has other intonations so I changed it to a more appropriate automotive theme)! Also congrats on the role at Ineos. Lots of interesting discussions that I’m sure you’ve read and enjoyed. Hopefully there is some feedback that has been useful to the powers that be.

Enjoy the group and make sure to throw in your opinions (personal or otherwise).

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7854778

View attachment 7854779

View attachment 7854780

View attachment 7854781

View attachment 7854782

View attachment 7854777

Welcome!

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7854778

View attachment 7854779

View attachment 7854780

View attachment 7854781

View attachment 7854782

View attachment 7854777

Love that you’re here! Absolute wonderful place to gather feedback on the product and take it back to the mothership. We all want INEOS to be a huge success long term!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7854778

View attachment 7854779

View attachment 7854780

View attachment 7854781

View attachment 7854782

View attachment 7854777

Good to hear from you mate, and publicly as well

I’m assuming you’re still going to be in the Eldoret club with the white roof and white steelies.

Paddy

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Firstly, many many thanks for the warm welcome. I know there are quite a few IA employees that view the forum, some of whom I sure contribute regularly too. It's an extremely important place for me particularly working with used vehicles. Perhaps a longer discussion for another time...

I'm glad you mentioned the showroom in Böblingen with a photo. IA can present itself well in the midst of many interesting car brands. But there is still potential. I've already given your colleagues in Germany the tips. Make sure that the vehicles are seen in the right light even when it is dark outside.

Did you also go to the main offices, out the back of the showroom? They've recreated the bar area from the Grenadier pub (complete with currency on the "ceiling", it's very cool and staffed by some awesome people.

I know that there are also some EU lurkers, if not active users... so I'm sure your suggestions have already been noted.

You mention early production vehicles. Are there any significant differences in later builds?
Hi Jerry, nothing significantly different. They are full series production build vehicles for all intents and purposes. Think of them in some part as the guinea pigs for campaigns to assist in rectifying QC and IA campaigns. Part of their early life has been for aftersales and technical testing. Where you've had a campaign suggested/completed on your own IG, they will be where some of the learning took place.

Love my Ineos, but please don’t go all green on us with another electric car failure that has the ability to pull you down financially. We all want Ineos automotive to survive and the cash drain on electric vehicles and the lack of consumer demand in the USA is real.

I'm afraid new products and strategy of that level are above my pay grade. From an IA standpoint, I would say that Sir Jim's point of view was quite clear in the PR around the announcement of the Fusilier.

Personal opinion: you're welcome to connect with me on LI to see a bit about my background (Paddy O'Connell). In brief, I've spent a while in the alternative fuel (AFV) space in the last few years, from lobbying/educating/assisting government, to retailing. Many OEM decisions concerning production of AFVs are driven by worldwide and regional emissions regulations and directives. The EU (along with Japan) currently have the most stringent regulations and with the IG currently built here, it drives some of the strategy. Arguably (with carbon credits, CAFE regs etc.) NOT producing an EV will likely cost any OEM more in the long run.

When people talk about demand change I'm always drawn back to the below photos of Times Square and the differences when the motor car started taking over. Whilst the paradigm shift from fossil fuelled to AFVs might not draw direct comparisons, it's still a nice bit of recent history:

1905-1925.jpg

What is the used car program(me).

That's the question! And I've learned to embrace the differences in spelling ;)

From the very top level perspective, a used program(me) supports the sale of new vehicles.

There's plenty of levers and initiatives that can be used to help achieve this. Whilst it's in development I suppose it's easiest to say it involves: creating internal processes to facilitate sales and protect/strengthen used values; standards that are consistent globally for retail partners, ensuring a great experience and customer journey that welcomes people into ownership.

Good to hear from you mate, and publicly as well

I’m assuming you’re still going to be in the Eldoret club with the white roof and white steelies.

Hi Stu, I saw a picture of an Eldoret with White steels over your side of the pond, looked fab!

Back
Top Bottom