The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2024 Jeep facelift a look to the future.

Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score

"By the end of 2025, the entire North America Jeep brand lineup will be electrified. By 2030, 50% of Jeep brand sales in the United States will be battery-electric vehicles and 100% of Jeep vehicles in Europe will be fully electric."

Not sure how IG is going to compete.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

"By the end of 2025, the entire North America Jeep brand lineup will be electrified. By 2030, 50% of Jeep brand sales in the United States will be battery-electric vehicles and 100% of Jeep vehicles in Europe will be fully electric."

Hydrogen

Norville

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score

Don't really care. Never have nor ever will be in the market for an ev. Hydrogen is compelling at least.

Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score

Electric Ineos SUV due 2026

That's how they'll compete 🤷‍♀️

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
Don't really care. Never have nor ever will be in the market for an ev. Hydrogen is compelling at least.
while I "see" the attraction of hydrogen, any rational understanding of the practicalities of the physics underlying an economical affordable hydrogen powered consumer vehicle points to it being a "blue sky" dream. By its nature, the production and storage of hydrogen is problematic and suitable at best for large industrial enterprises such as steel making..
As for the new Jeep...intended for a totally different "mission" from the Grenadier... no competition!

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:14 PM
Reaction score
What’s up with having to unlock additional trails via a subscription.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:14 PM
Reaction score
EVs are great for commuting and Tesla has done an amazing job with their charging infrastructure for many longer range driving routes. To choose a EV off-road vehicle from among 2023 offerings is an exercise in futility. Another few milestones in battery technology must be realized first. In the meantime though, we could be building a few thousand new generation nuclear reactors so that we can power the EVs of today cleanly. The battery tech needed for an off-road vehicle will require true artificial intelligence to help create it. So start watching for that to happen first.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
Hydrogen fuel cells - will be fantastic technology. Like have a 400kwhr battery storage in a 30L fuel cell. A fuel cell will have 1/5th the environmental impact when compared to the resources required to create an equivalent full scale battery. We will still need a battery but at 10% the scale. A proper hydrogen fuel cell with an intermediate 20kwhr battery would excite me more than a 2.5T saloon with 400km range max.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Helium for me. Never get bogegd!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Jeep Brand is a lifestyle brand - not sure anyone uses them commercially. Ineos is targeting a completely different market.
The Jeep can hardly be taken seriously as a working or as an overlanding vehicle.
347NM of torque is useless
2,495 kg braked towing
250kg ball weight
560kg payload (estimated) - allow 260kg for 4 people and 100kg for fuel/oil and you certainly won't be carrying much else
GCM of only 4,700 - 4,800kg compared to 7,000
Surprising disclaimer from Jeep. I sure wouldn't want to be driving that slowly through water that deep.
This vehicle is capable of crossing through water at a depth of 760mm (30 inches) at speeds no greater than 8km/h (5mph)

Jeep figures on the left, Grenadier on the right

1680758391483.png1680757527798.png
*90% Fuel and all liquids (no driver)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
EVs are great for commuting and Tesla has done an amazing job with their charging infrastructure for many longer range driving routes. To choose a EV off-road vehicle from among 2023 offerings is an exercise in futility. Another few milestones in battery technology must be realized first. In the meantime though, we could be building a few thousand new generation nuclear reactors so that we can power the EVs of today cleanly. The battery tech needed for an off-road vehicle will require true artificial intelligence to help create it. So start watching for that to happen first.
I googled Tesla Charging Stations Australia and this is the result from the Tesla site
Keep in mind that Australia is close enough the same size as mainland US
Not much of the country covered.

1680759601818.png

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Charging in QLD north of sunshine coast is a big problem. Forget long trips. Jeep is not a work vehicle - for driving on the beach and modders, but also good for local jeep repair agents business i hear...

Reactions: CB
Local time
Reaction score
I googled Tesla Charging Stations Australia and this is the result from the Tesla site

View attachment 7807905

Remember that those are only the Tesla brand specific ones. Plenty of other companies like Jetcharge with standard & fast chargers all over the country.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The Jeeps are a great toy, but that's it. Their electrification won't affect use case for 99% of owners.

Whereas the grenadier is going to be used for towing, in hostile environments. Can't think of a worse application for a BEV

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7807905
Surprisingly also in the same location as 90%+ of the Australian population.
I think the vehicle is targeted for urban use and so they have met their target population in terms of service. But they still have a huge amount of work to do to cater for eastern seaboard travel. Australia has to be close to Tesla’s most difficult market to service given sparsity of population and vast distances between major population centres.
Can you imagine the lines at charging centres in holiday destinations right now - it’d be a bloody nightmare.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Lack of charging infrastructure is a big problem. We have had a Tesla for 3 years, we’re on holiday in North Yorkshire right now, I borrowed my dads T5 for the week because there’s so few chargers down here. EV’s are great for towns an local driving, but hopeless if you want to go any distance.
In a two car family an EV and a ICE car makes a lot of sense. The Tesla has saved us a fortune in fuel in the 3 years, my wife does the school run in it and we use it for most local driving but if I had to have only one car it would not be an EV.

Back
Top Bottom