The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2024 Jeep facelift a look to the future.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
Yep, there are camping families all over Australia this weekend burning enough firewood in campfires to completely negate the benefits of that Telsa they bought two years ago.
The politics and science of this is no ones win.
And anyone who virtual signals will have a pack jumping on them!
Leather shoes? Leads to "methane emissions" and "transport miles" etc etc
Nobody is a saint , except by definition saints. Who maybe didn't start out as such.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nobody is a saint , except by definition saints. Who maybe didn't start out as such.
Loving it to death. It’s not a matter of practice but quantity.

I’ve believed for a long time that we don’t have a climate change problem, we have a population problem. But it’s much much mentally easier to target the effect and not the cause.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
all this Net Zero Shit by 2035..
My next vehicle after this Grenadier will be still a diesel powered vehicle and likely another Grenadier. if I am still able to drive and alive.
As of now this Net Carbon Zero shit I did some calculation
In Germany a typical 3 field sports hall of
45 m × 27 m x 7m = 8505m^3 = 8505000 liters of air

CO2 = 0.038% = 3231.9liters

from this 4% Humane CO2 = 129.276 liters worldwide
created by Germany 3,1 % = 4.007 Litres
Entire Traffic 18.2 % = 0.729 Litres (domestic air, ship, truck, buses, and cars.. etc)
Cars and Lorries about 50% of this .. so approximately the volume of a can of beer.
WTF ?
CO2 is a fertilizer.. plant trees instead of this bullshit.
The only reason of enforcing EV is restricting free motion of common people..
A 15 minute city is nothing but a prison with invisible fence.
So get a Grenadier and maintain it well.
but Also . There might be new things, possibilities and capabilities we do not think of by now.. only thing we have to watch for are stupid, corrupt and power hungry political leaders.. only interested in filling their own purses.
Still glad some guys like Sir Jim do not think mainstream
Grenadier entering now normal customers and a dream comes true.
I said one time in this forum the key issue is deforestation which removes the only natural CO² filter we have. Australia destroys 500,000 hectares each year for 'slummy home sites'. Over development has a far greater impact on CO² than vehicles - period. But governments will never stop the spread of the human contagion.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One’s call to conscience on these matters is difficult enough to square up, sorting reliable information and sound practice from the fire hydrant of cr*p. No criticism intended.

To the original topic, an electric jeep I reckon would be awesome out on the day trails around Moab etc, or Gardens of Stone NP etc on some Saturday morning. Or carrying the longboard to the beach, which was my primary use case. If I had two bays, surely a Jeep EV or PHEV alongside the Gren would be more interesting than most other options. Our near-range transport need is presently met by a Vespa. When the electric version of one of those comes available in Oz I’m totally in.

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Or the plane flights they take for holidays where a 737 burns 17,000L of fuel... one way.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Or the plane flights they take for holidays where a 737 burns 17,000L of fuel... one way.
Guilty as charged. There won't be enough left to burn me in hell at this rate. They'll have to start using heretics.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score
OK, so new guy here. I usually just glean info from the sidelines, but this thread just kinda went sideways. I just don’t care that much about EVs, so I won’t comment on that.

This may be off topic, but I find some of the things on the new Jeep interesting. The fact that they are adding a factory winch, sounds familiar. The new off road navigation on the infotainment screen is something reminiscent of IG. The new floating HD axle and increased towing to compete with IG. Of course factory 35s is nice (but not new for Jeep), someday I hope IG will increase tire size from the factory. The best I’ve seen in this new Jeep though, is a factory air compressor in the tailgate utilizing some of the spare tire volume, very elegant. I’m sure that may get copied by others. These are some nice steps in a positive (off-road) direction.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
OK, so new guy here. I usually just glean info from the sidelines, but this thread just kinda went sideways. I just don’t care that much about EVs, so I won’t comment on that.

This may be off topic, but I find some of the things on the new Jeep interesting. The fact that they are adding a factory winch, sounds familiar. The new off road navigation on the infotainment screen is something reminiscent of IG. The new floating HD axle and increased towing to compete with IG. Of course factory 35s is nice (but not new for Jeep), someday I hope IG will increase tire size from the factory. The best I’ve seen in this new Jeep though, is a factory air compressor in the tailgate utilizing some of the spare tire volume, very elegant. I’m sure that may get copied by others. These are some nice steps in a positive (off-road) direction.
The Jeep will sell big time, it has a solid following and the new breed will entice people. The 'play toy' or American rock crawlers will do ok - even with a battery!

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
On the Jeeps I saw, there are these 'horns' or protuberances out the front??? WTFudge?

I'm surprised that no one seems to have mentioned the advantages of electric motors and their instant torque..

You either strip yourself naked and walk to the north pole to let a polar bear eat you, or you are a drain on the environment....

The Porsche gas is really interesting- but what I want to see is a full accounting compared to EVs and standard ICE. Someone mentioned that you need renewable energy to make it- and you also need that to make energy for EVs. Solar cells are what(?) 25% efficient (day 1), wind doesn't always blow, dams are damned, nuclear makes people's heads explode.

Syn-gas stores energy, doesn't need cobalt and lithium. Batteries and solar cells don't have widespread recycling- and they have relatively short lives when you are talking infrastructrue.

We need the next-gen batteries off of Co and Li. We can promote that by limiting the amount of those metals used per car. Batteries are HUGE and not really needed. Either limit the amount of Co and Li, or limit the tax breaks to more efficient cars so we get more EV cars on the road.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen diesel-electric trucks, if not delivery vehicles. The promotion would show a diesel electric engine hauling a mile long train with the tag line "If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for you". Of course, run it off of bio-diesel fueled engine and a smaller battery with electric motors. Charge the battery with a plug in over-night, and with route planning figure out how much diesel you need

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score

I'm surprised that we haven't seen diesel-electric trucks, if not delivery vehicles. The promotion would show a diesel electric engine hauling a mile long train with the tag line "If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for you". Of course, run it off of bio-diesel fueled engine and a smaller battery with electric motors. Charge the battery with a plug in over-night, and with route planning figure out how much diesel you need
Hm, Mercedes Benz has a combination of Diesel Hybrid.. had a S320 what was very efficient and ultra low fuel consumption ..
1.6l 100km on such a huge luxury car.
So technically why not?
A diesel electric Off Road utility perhaps a good solution indeed.
If the engine is a type that can consume plant oil and used frying oil..

Local time
Reaction score
On the Jeeps I saw, there are these 'horns' or protuberances out the front??? WTFudge?

I'm surprised that no one seems to have mentioned the advantages of electric motors and their instant torque..

You either strip yourself naked and walk to the north pole to let a polar bear eat you, or you are a drain on the environment....

The Porsche gas is really interesting- but what I want to see is a full accounting compared to EVs and standard ICE. Someone mentioned that you need renewable energy to make it- and you also need that to make energy for EVs. Solar cells are what(?) 25% efficient (day 1), wind doesn't always blow, dams are damned, nuclear makes people's heads explode.

Syn-gas stores energy, doesn't need cobalt and lithium. Batteries and solar cells don't have widespread recycling- and they have relatively short lives when you are talking infrastructrue.

We need the next-gen batteries off of Co and Li. We can promote that by limiting the amount of those metals used per car. Batteries are HUGE and not really needed. Either limit the amount of Co and Li, or limit the tax breaks to more efficient cars so we get more EV cars on the road.

That torque is a gift and a curse it seems. A number of reviewers of both the Jeep 4xes and the EV Hummer lamented that it’s more of an on/off switch when finesse is called for in some situations; such as trying to slowly crawl a tire over a square edge or something. I’m sure engineering will prevail before too long.

I experienced that with a friend’s 4xe in EV only mode. But it’s a small complaint when the payoff was nearly silently moving through the woods and being able to see and hear things you otherwise wouldn’t!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
How do EVs/batteries stand up to the shock loads imposed by hard offroading?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How do EVs/batteries stand up to the shock loads imposed by hard offroading?
That is an interesting question. I;d think as the batteries get older and the ‘dendrites’ get formed that hard shocks might cause them to loosen and short out. Don’t know what the engineering is to reduce that. I’d think airplanes like the 787 with a lot of batteries would be a good place to look. Maybe they swap them out at regular intervals.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I would definitely not want to be an early adopter of a dedicated offroad (edit : EV) 4x4!
But I'd watch on with interest , esp when something went a bit wrong in a canyon , deep sand or a boghole!

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would definitely not want to be an early adopter of a dedicated offroad 4x4!
But I'd watch on with interest , esp when something went a bit wrong in a canyon , deep sand or a boghole!
Do you mean a dedicated EV 4x4? Because I think most of us here are in fact early adopters of a 4x4.

Back
Top Bottom