The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2024 Jeep facelift a look to the future.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
In reality even though they get the largest dollar amount if broken out by population than they are receiving the lowest per resident. Where as Alaska which is bigger than Texas in size but 3rd lowest population, their residents benefit by 3x more than a Texan in terms of infrastructure dollars. So not really rocket science but it is simple math.
Funny enough you didn’t bring up Alaska in your original post. Lol. Moving the goal posts. Classic.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
Funny enough you didn’t bring up Alaska in your original post. Lol. Moving the goal posts. Classic.
As @CryHavoc stated earlier reading is fundamental or as I like to say reading comprehension can be hard. I didn't bring up Alaska since I was talking total overall dollar amount. Feel free to read again, I will wait. Okay, so you see the post about Alaska is based on your comment on population and, that the more people aquiates to the largest package. Followed by a snide comment about rocket science. I provided details that actually a state that is larger than texas is getting more money if you broke it down by population. Not moving goal post but provided data to the conversation and providing context to your statement.

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Most of the conversations these days surround fully electric verse hydrogen, but I think that one of the most interesting and promising technologies being developed, are the E-fuels like what Porsche is developing. Chemically identical to regular gasoline yet carbon neutral in a controlled environment (excluding transportation, etc.). It’s incredibly expensive on a price per gallon basis, but given that it’s a new technology, I have hope that they will be able to expand manufacturing facilities, growing the scale and lowering the cost (Moore’s Law).
Constraint is less scale in the first instance but access to the renewable energy input required to achieve carbon neutrality.

Last edited:

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Might need to pump a bit more of that sweet LNG to run all the (non-carbon emitting) EVs.
Could be worse - we burn coal to do the same…
Texas leads the nation in renewable sources. I know that will shock some dimwits here.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Enough hot air in this room to power a steam generator 😁
You just have to prevent the steam from escaping earholes and elsewhere.

Biggest issue is the time it takes to fill up with electrons ; leads to large queues in busy places esp at holiday time.
"EV charger rage" will be a thing.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Texas leads the nation in renewable sources. I know that will shock some dimwits here.
Keep up the good work. You might want to examine it as a percentage of total energy produced.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
I
l’ll come in as a neutral here. Texas generates 26% of its electricity from renewables, this doesn’t even make the top 15 states, see link
Your right to say in does generate the highest amount of renewable electricity per state.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
all this Net Zero Shit by 2035..
My next vehicle after this Grenadier will be still a diesel powered vehicle and likely another Grenadier. if I am still able to drive and alive.
As of now this Net Carbon Zero shit I did some calculation
In Germany a typical 3 field sports hall of
45 m × 27 m x 7m = 8505m^3 = 8505000 liters of air

CO2 = 0.038% = 3231.9liters

from this 4% Humane CO2 = 129.276 liters worldwide
created by Germany 3,1 % = 4.007 Litres
Entire Traffic 18.2 % = 0.729 Litres (domestic air, ship, truck, buses, and cars.. etc)
Cars and Lorries about 50% of this .. so approximately the volume of a can of beer.
WTF ?
CO2 is a fertilizer.. plant trees instead of this bullshit.
The only reason of enforcing EV is restricting free motion of common people..
A 15 minute city is nothing but a prison with invisible fence.
So get a Grenadier and maintain it well.
but Also . There might be new things, possibilities and capabilities we do not think of by now.. only thing we have to watch for are stupid, corrupt and power hungry political leaders.. only interested in filling their own purses.
Still glad some guys like Sir Jim do not think mainstream
Grenadier entering now normal customers and a dream comes true.

Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
Well, this took a turn for the wurst. To be fair I am fine with EV, Partial EV and ICE. One way to dispel the mythos around EVs is to read this article by Volvo.

It is a very candid look at the whole industry related to the manufacture of cars.

For the lazy, this sums up the article:
Volvo Cars – Carbon footprint report – Battery electric XC40 Recharge and the XC40 ICE6
Key Findings
• The XC40 Recharge has a lower total Carbon Footprint than the XC40 ICE for all the
analysed electricity mixes.
• The Carbon Footprint of a XC40 ICE is 58 tonnes CO 2 e, while the footprint for the XC40
Recharge is 27–54 tonnes CO2 e. The reason for the variation in the XC40 Recharge result is
due to different electricity mixes with varying carbon intensity in the use phase.
• When considering GHG emissions from the materials production and refining phase,
producing an XC40 Recharge and its battery pack results in roughly 70 per cent more
carbon emissions than producing an XC40 ICE.
• The production of the XC40 Recharge Li-ion battery has a relatively large Carbon Footprint
and constitutes 10–30 per cent of the total Carbon Footprint, depending on the
electricitymix in the use phase.
• Choice of methodology, for example inclusion of carbon emissions for scrap, has a
significant impact on the total Carbon Footprint. Care should be taken when comparing
results from this report with results from other vehicle manufacturers’ Carbon Footprints.

Break-even (km)
XC40 Recharge, Global Electricity Mix/XC40 ICE = 146 000
XC40 Recharge, EU28 Electricity Mix/XC40 ICE = 84 000
XC40 Recharge, Wind Electricity/XC40 ICE = 47 000

I keep my cars well into the 150K range.
This was written 2020 before China and other developing nations brought online 6 coal plants.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back to OT .. currently I am in eastern Bavaria close to border of CZ. This area is quite rural, forest lands and more agricultural. usually I notice off-road vehicles immediately. Seen more large pickup than elsewhere. RAM, Ford, Nissan, the owner of the premises where we rented our vacation apartments owns a Mercedes Benz pickup and does both hunt and breed freshwater fish.
Jeep Wrangler here? Not a single one Here.
At home I see 2 door and 4 door Wrangler almost every day. Mostly the very same ones because the owners are in same area. But they re being used.

Talked to landlord Here A few Grand Cherokee around but more as a mall crawler. Fully Electric vehicles at all .. Not Seen a single one in last 2 days.
most professionals (hunter, forest and agricultural) use pickup, LR Defender original, former military MB G, Jimny and Lada Niva Or Subar..
Electric Wrangler .. he had a good laugh.
but Grenadier He never heard of.. showed a picture and got interested..
so I think in US market the Wrangler transformed from military universal purpose vehicle in to fully lifestyle. So why not electric?
that car will rarely see real off-road.. perhaps some gravel road if at all to golf course or a shooting range.
those in US who really need a capable vehicle will nowadays go for a proper pickup like Ford F250, F350 or similar from other manufacturers.. a classic 4WD overlanding vehicle is of lesser concern
the same will appear here too.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well, this took a turn for the wurst. To be fair I am fine with EV, Partial EV and ICE. One way to dispel the mythos around EVs is to read this article by Volvo.

It is a very candid look at the whole industry related to the manufacture of cars.

For the lazy, this sums up the article:
Volvo Cars – Carbon footprint report – Battery electric XC40 Recharge and the XC40 ICE6
Key Findings
• The XC40 Recharge has a lower total Carbon Footprint than the XC40 ICE for all the
analysed electricity mixes.
• The Carbon Footprint of a XC40 ICE is 58 tonnes CO 2 e, while the footprint for the XC40
Recharge is 27–54 tonnes CO2 e. The reason for the variation in the XC40 Recharge result is
due to different electricity mixes with varying carbon intensity in the use phase.
• When considering GHG emissions from the materials production and refining phase,
producing an XC40 Recharge and its battery pack results in roughly 70 per cent more
carbon emissions than producing an XC40 ICE.
• The production of the XC40 Recharge Li-ion battery has a relatively large Carbon Footprint
and constitutes 10–30 per cent of the total Carbon Footprint, depending on the
electricitymix in the use phase.
• Choice of methodology, for example inclusion of carbon emissions for scrap, has a
significant impact on the total Carbon Footprint. Care should be taken when comparing
results from this report with results from other vehicle manufacturers’ Carbon Footprints.

Break-even (km)
XC40 Recharge, Global Electricity Mix/XC40 ICE = 146 000
XC40 Recharge, EU28 Electricity Mix/XC40 ICE = 84 000
XC40 Recharge, Wind Electricity/XC40 ICE = 47 000

I keep my cars well into the 150K range.
This was written 2020 before China and other developing nations brought online 6 coal plants.
Our Volvo recharge runs off hydro and wind electricity. So we sleep well at night. We do of course burn wood in winter , wood I have cut using a ICE chainsaw because an electric one just doesn't cut the mustard.
So again , I will enter heaven one day and be led directly to the hotter than hell room set aside for planet criminals. See you all there 😄

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Helium for me. Never get bogegd!
Oh come on. We are not talking about the Ineos Hindenburg as the next model
When in Europe the cars will only be produced in an electric version, so I think in 2035, I will order my second INEOS DIESEL in 2030 (in this phantastic red with a white roof an alloy-alu-wheels) - and hope I´ll get it delivered until 2034. :)
I am with you but I am concerned what the fuel prices in 2030 will be. I am in favour for a worldwide CO2 tax but in Germany they will choose to tax us higher and higher in the next years to save the climate on our own… no matter whether other nations will join the idea…

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Oh come on. We are not talking about the Ineos Hindenburg as the next model…
Helium is inert so that helps avoid trouble , and is good for a funny voice.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Our Volvo recharge runs off hydro and wind electricity. So we sleep well at night. We do of course burn wood in winter , wood I have cut using a ICE chainsaw because an electric one just doesn't cut the mustard.
So again , I will enter heaven one day and be led directly to the hotter than hell room set aside for planet criminals. See you all there 😄
(larger chainsaw or smaller jar of mustard?)

Saturday morning math estimates a 1 ton trailer worth of firewood equates to ~35,000km of a typical cars’ worth of particulate emissions. Getting to a rational place on this stuff while keeping the population on side is a policymakers’ nightmare.

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
(larger chainsaw or smaller jar of mustard?)

Saturday morning math estimates a 1 ton trailer worth of firewood equates to ~35,000km of a typical cars worth of particulate emissions. Getting to a rational place on this stuff while keeping the population on side is a policymakers’ nightmare.
Yep, there are camping families all over Australia this weekend burning enough firewood in campfires to completely negate the benefits of that Telsa they bought two years ago.
The politics and science of this is no ones win.

Back
Top Bottom