The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
What boggles my mind is why there is no official response from Ineos on this yet. This is annoying the hell out of people and by now I would have expected them to provide some transparency: either "we are working on a fix, but unfortunately it is not straight forward because X,Y,Z"; or "sorry we cant change this because of this rule, or because its tied into the X system, or something." The communication on this so far has just been "he said she said" and word of mouth. It's way past time for Ineos to give us an official response directly (same on the jackets btw).
My dealer told me INEOs claims they are not hearing it being an issue. Must be selective hearing or dealers not being aggressive with the technical tickets.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
My dealer told me INEOs claims they are not hearing it being an issue. Must be selective hearing or dealers not being aggressive with the technical tickets.
Or maybe it’s a government mandate and the dealer didn’t actually hear it’s not an issue… because it’s hearsay and this is the internet…

Tergosa

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
For the love of all that is good, we knowingly bought a European SUV. It is mandatory in Europe to have passive speed warning systems installed in all vehicles manufactured in the EU since 2022.

The NTSB, a U.S. government agency, has asked all U.S. makers and importers to install similar devices. Compliance is currently voluntary but will likely be mandatory in the very near future.

If you have an issue with the American Driver Annoyance System, call your Federal representative. There is no need to dox Ineos executives or even call Ineos. Ineos is only complying with the EU mandate and accommodating the request of a U.S. government agency. Ineos has a lot of hoops to jump through to import a vehicle. Complying with a government request is a wise choice.

If you are so opposed to the ADAS system, I strongly urge you to a.) sell your vehicle or, b.) speak to your government representative as the issue appears to be evolving in to an invasion of our privacy where the system actually reports repeat speeding offenses to government authorities.

That’s not my opinion on the matter. It’s not mandatory yet which is why people like me are buying a vehicle of my dreams to keep long term before it does become mandatory. We just purchased a new Lexus and there is a screen with all the ADAS like features that you can elect to keep on or turn off. “Ineos” is the one that made it mandatory without an option to keep it off unless you go through the favorites feature and do it all over again the next you start the car which sounds like a lot of fun when doing quick trips to the stores. This is their choice and personally I don’t mind the technology of collision avoidance, but the Nanny feature to tell me I’m 1 mph over is ridiculous.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s not my opinion on the matter. It’s not mandatory yet which is why people like me are buying a vehicle of my dreams to keep long term before it does become mandatory. We just purchased a new Lexus and there is a screen with all the ADAS like features that you can elect to keep on or turn off. “Ineos” is the one that made it mandatory without an option to keep it off unless you go through the favorites feature and do it all over again the next you start the car which sounds like a lot of fun when doing quick trips to the stores. This is their choice and personally I don’t mind the technology of collision avoidance, but the Nanny feature to tell me I’m 1 mph over is ridiculous.
Where was your Lexus manufactured?
Where was your Ineos manufactured?

Frankly, we’re fortunate that we’re currently able to turn the speed warning off because, in future software updates, it’s highly likely that the government will mandate that the system be fool proof.

Did you realize that the vehicle of your dreams is subject to future firmware updates?

But for now, it is only two button pushes… Trust me. Thats the best it will ever be.

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
It would be nice to have Lynn Calder's direct line!

I can send her a note on linkedin
Probably wont respond but worth a shot….

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Where was your Lexus manufactured?
Where was your Ineos manufactured?

Frankly, we’re fortunate that we’re currently able to turn the speed warning off because, in future software updates, it’s highly likely that the government will mandate that the system be fool proof.

Did you realize that the vehicle of your dreams is subject to future firmware updates?

But for now, it is only two button pushes… Trust me. Thats the best it will ever be.
Not to get too political here but its this perspective of accepting these authoritarian functions on people that allowed us to get here. Granted this is a private company so they can sell whatever they want and we can buy if or not but just rolling ofer and saying “just accept it because this is the best its gonna get” just really rubs ne the wrong way. If this is a function we dont want in the USA take a stance on things in life. Its the USA man!

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Doxxing on an Internet forum is still not cool, dude. Seriously.
No one is doxing. She has a high position role listed on a public social media site and is responsible for the overall success of the company. This comes with a role of that caliber. No one said be rude to her.

Last edited:

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Correct i reached out as well and they did say they appreciated and welcomed the feedback. I also got a canned response BUT they did say they appreciated it. We all should reach out and express our feelings on it. The answer is always a no if you dont ask. How else would they get feedback? Better we say something than they flounder as a company and no one is giving feedback as to why product fails to move.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No one is doxing. She has a high position role and is responsible for the overall success of the company. This comes with a role of that caliber. No one said be rude to her.
From Wikipedia- Doxing or doxxing is the act of publicly providing personally identifiable information about an individual or organization, usually via the Internet and without their consent.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not to get too political here but it’s this perspective of accepting these authoritarian functions on people that allowed us to get here. Granted this is a private company so they can sell whatever they want and we can buy if or not but just rolling ofer and saying “just accept it because this is the best its gonna get” just really rubs ne the wrong way. If this is a function we dont want in the USA take a stance on things in life. It’s the USA man!
It’s a government request. Shouldn’t you be on a government forum?

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From Wikipedia- Doxing or doxxing is the act of publicly providing personally identifiable information about an individual or organization, usually via the Internet and without their consent.
Shes on a public site my friend listing her own info. Doxxing would be providing her non public information and also would insinuate doing so with bad intention. One would say she consented as she personally put that info there herself. I’m not going to debate semantics with you but there is nothing wrong with anyone taking appropriate action to respectfully provide feedback on a product. Especially if the feature could adversely effect future INEOS sales.

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s a government request. Shouldn’t you be on a government forum?
Its not a gov request. Its not a US mandate. Dropping the conversation because i dont have the energy to fight with you. If you are satisfied with the product thats great.

rur42

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
When I asked for clarification about a their previous reply, this is what I received from customer service:

Thanks for your reply.

The team is looking into the issues people have raised. They are looking to either make it less intrusive or have the option to disable this without it turning back on, but nothing has been confirmed at this stage and there is no timescale for when the update will be available.

We appreciate your feedback and I'll make sure to pass this along to the team.

So, it seems somebody is aware of it. Just need to whine some more... uh, or be a squeaky wheel, that sounds better.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s not a gov request. It’s not a US mandate. Dropping the conversation because i dont have the energy to fight with you. If you are satisfied with the product thats great.
There is no argument. I’m merely relaying accurate information as opposed to the ridiculousness and misinformation that this forum thread has devolved in to.

“From National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to car manufacturers November, 2023:
Install ISA in all new passenger vehicles that, at a minimum, warns drivers when a vehicle is speeding. “

https://www.ntsb.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/NR20231114.aspx

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I asked for clarification about a their previous reply, this is what I received from customer service:

So, it seems somebody is aware of it. Just need to whine some more... uh, or be a squeaky wheel, that sounds better.

I appreciate the fact that you used the correct customer service channels rather than doxxing their executives, as another user thought was appropriate.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Shes on a public site my friend listing her own info. Doxxing would be providing her non public information and also would insinuate doing so with bad intention. One would say she consented as she personally put that info there herself. I’m not going to debate semantics with you but there is nothing wrong with anyone taking appropriate action to respectfully provide feedback on a product. Especially if the feature could adversely effect future INEOS sales.
Yeah, the company probably completely forgot to include a mechanism where customers could vent their frustrations, issues, problems, etc., So, being smarter than that, we should flood a company executive’s inbox with a very low level annoyance because focusing her attention on the dozen or so people that can’t handle pushing two buttons is the only way this company can succeed.
Great business plan!

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
Not to get too political here but its this perspective of accepting these authoritarian functions on people that allowed us to get here. Granted this is a private company so they can sell whatever they want and we can buy if or not but just rolling ofer and saying “just accept it because this is the best its gonna get” just really rubs ne the wrong way. If this is a function we dont want in the USA take a stance on things in life. Its the USA man!
stopped right at "authoritarian functions"..
No one FORCED anyone to buy the IG. For those who truly think the inability to disable a SAFETY feature, permanently (or just by "thinking it"), is "authoritarian", they should do themselves a favor and return the vehicle and buy a 78 AMC.

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
Passions run high don't they....between the people demanding immediate satisfaction and the Ineos Apologists (every religion has them) who say it's all on you.
Lack of communication is the real problem. The Ineos Quality System should include knowing whether the product meets the customers requirements and addressing issues the customers have. If the aren't going to do anything about ADAS, then they should say so.

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
stopped right at "authoritarian functions"..
No one FORCED anyone to buy the IG. For those who truly think the inability to disable a SAFETY feature, permanently (or just by "thinking it"), is "authoritarian", they should do themselves a favor and return the vehicle and buy a 78 AMC.
I literally said they can sell whatever they want being a private company and we can choose to buy or not to. My only gripe would be the demo cars didnt have this function and the ones sold did. So im not sure where “forced” came into play.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Passions run high don't they....between the people demanding immediate satisfaction and the Ineos Apologists (every religion has them) who say it's all on you.
Lack of communication is the real problem. The Ineos Quality System should include knowing whether the product meets the customers requirements and addressing issues the customers have. If the aren't going to do anything about ADAS, then they should say so.
What is about a government requirement in the EU and a government request in the US makes this a communication issue? Why does Ineos owe an explanation. It’s self explanatory.

Over speed warning is a user defeatable feature that the government requested be included. As a new import, would you advise Ineos to deny the request from the highway safety agency? Would that be apologist? The government requested, “…at a minimum, warns the driver when it is speeding.”

How is that hard to interpret?

Ineos doesn’t owe you a reply when the answer is “the government told us to do it”.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom