The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

14 Power points/rear view and split doors????

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
No idea what I will use the 10A outlet under the bonnet fo
That's a bit like "I have money, what could I buy?"

Try it the other way round. Look what you have and / or want to fit. You'll probably find out that the switches aren't enough.

Front lightbar, working lights left, right, rear. Extra lights pointing to two o'clock and ten o'clock to illuminate the sides when driving off road in the dark. A light switch for inside an RTT. A light switch for some subdued light under an awning?

If there is a 10A outlet under the hood, you'll probably find other things to be connected there. May be a compressor if there is space enough? A parking heater? Or just a work light under the bonnet if you have to look for problem at night?

EDIT: Didn't note that some of the suggestions were already made.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
Even though outlets are located in front footwells, I'm sure it would be easy enough to run a circuit under door tread plates and to the back of vehicle for other uses. I mean that's what I did in my discovery1, just depends on space and fixings under the plates
There is already an outlet in the rear cargo area, I believe, one of the overhead switches allows you to power all the accessory sockets even when the vehicle is off, which is really nice

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
A 4kw pure sinewave inverter coupled to either the front or rear high power outlet would be ideal for off grid short duty cycle corded power tools.... :cool: Sometimes battery tools don't quite have enough grunt.
I’m thinking something similar for supplying essentials in our home in the event of a power outage. Especially electrics to gas boiler in winter. Auxiliary battery ordered.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting ideas on what could be done.
So I will likely connect an aux-heater (Webasto or Eberspächer)..
Consider a telescopic beam light at rear.. most of these to be purchased are extremely expensive. .. Perhaps tinkering around...

Reading here of martens and mice.
The problem of martens and mice I am aware of. I ve seen vehicles with mice nests inside. . The customer brought the vehicle into my dads garage for some topic. - Our cat noticed the mice - vehicle was lifted to go underneath and the car was rather crazy not being able to get up inside. My dad didn't understand the reason why he want to go desperately inside that vehicle - but usually avoided the entire working area. Later he knew. The owner of the vehicle had a farm and the car was usually parked in an open barn. But rat poison.. .. if I would live in that remote area in Scotland a wire haired Terrier or similar would probably my companion. That considers the mice as snack.

The problem of martens - they prefer petrol / gas powered vehicles and diesel vehicles are lesser affected. - My spouse had issues with her first cars . petrol powered. Destroyed hoses that were connected to power steering pump .. :mad: so I agree on these pest.

Usually in Germany the put chicken wire / net wire in the area of the engine - because martens hate it - Ultrasound repellers and also e-shock systems are available. Martens however will only become aggressive if an enemy marten has marked the vehicle..

trap with egg, perhaps .17HMR or #6 will be sufficent.. (if permitted.. to use this method)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, "telescopic beam light" 😁

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What do you mean with 'telescopic beam' ?

Example link?
like this - for recovery vehicles / Transporters / Fire Brigade - this one is on German--

What I would need is sometimes e.g. next to ladder at rear a light bar / floodlight to be extended to 6 feet above vehicle.
This is when I need to do field dressing - and other stuff.- fixing high hides in particlar in fall / autumn and winter.. Early dark - need a proper lighting.
Most of the professional stuff is electric or pneumatic extension.. and by far oversized.. for my purpose.

There is a small but efficent one from Milwaukee - I use indoors - rechargable - but not to be attached to a vehicle.
What I want is something much smaller - to be attached - perhaps at the rear ladder and with a little electric motor - or manually and get it up vertically from 2-6 feet.
directed or 360 around the IG.. Would help sometimes a lot .. used in stand only.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
I bought a similar device from Aldi....it's called a camp light and is a panel of LEDs which clips to the included aluminium telescopic pole that extends from about 900mm to 2.4m. Claimed output is 2400 lumens. I was so impressed with its performance I went back and bought a second one :ROFLMAO:
I bought it to connect to one of the 12v roof outlets when camping...

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
like this - for recovery vehicles / Transporters / Fire Brigade - this one is on German--

What I would need is sometimes e.g. next to ladder at rear a light bar / floodlight to be extended to 6 feet above vehicle.
This is when I need to do field dressing - and other stuff.- fixing high hides in particlar in fall / autumn and winter.. Early dark - need a proper lighting.
Most of the professional stuff is electric or pneumatic extension.. and by far oversized.. for my purpose.

There is a small but efficent one from Milwaukee - I use indoors - rechargable - but not to be attached to a vehicle.
What I want is something much smaller - to be attached - perhaps at the rear ladder and with a little electric motor - or manually and get it up vertically from 2-6 feet.
directed or 360 around the IG.. Would help sometimes a lot .. used in stand only.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you .. I know why I joined this forum. Bookmarked. Price is very reasonable.. need to decide what will do proper illumination.. but still time until IG will be delivered.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you .. I know why I joined this forum. Bookmarked. Price is very reasonable.. need to decide what will do proper illumination.. but still time until IG will be delivered.
You will find it in some web shops. The one I posted is the one from the manufacturer. The former director of this company has been a fireman all of his life. At the same time he is a detail loving technician who loves to find solutions for the problems given to him. The company does build everything to storage things in a emergency/firefighter vehicle as well and built its own (small) ones in the past.

Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen the power to the roof ports SHOULD be reconfigurable under the back seat in the power distribution box for use with emergency services lighting. For example you could use one pair on a side to provide power and ground, the other pair could be taken out of factory circuit and used for sync/pattern/color control with a lighting controller. I’ll probably be running quad LED heads on the sides/back with a white mode for camping/work lights, or an alternative red/white chase for emergency response.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
That's a bit like "I have money, what could I buy?"

Try it the other way round. Look what you have and / or want to fit. You'll probably find out that the switches aren't enough.

Front lightbar, working lights left, right, rear. Extra lights pointing to two o'clock and ten o'clock to illuminate the sides when driving off road in the dark. A light switch for inside an RTT. A light switch for some subdued light under an awning?

If there is a 10A outlet under the hood, you'll probably find other things to be connected there. May be a compressor if there is space enough? A parking heater? Or just a work light under the bonnet if you have to look for problem at night?

EDIT: Didn't note that some of the suggestions were already made.
I think I'll finally use the IR LED lights I bought for work (I was going to make a "sign-cutting" setup I could use to look for foot prints of illegal aliens crossing the road, while driving under night vision goggles, blacked out). I never mounted them because my Tahoe wouldn't operate completely dark.

Why drive in the dark under NVGs? Why not! Because I can! ;)

Back
Top Bottom