The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

14 Power points/rear view and split doors????

Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
Inner city Sydney, apartment living, undercover parking... I'm counting the millimetres in all directions.
Small door is definitely preferred as it means I can access the rear area while parked without moving stuff (motorcycles) around.

That said, outback tourers garaged in surburbia commonly have swing away spare tyre/jerry can holders - so it's not like the inner city is representative.
Yeah, I figured most of the advantage is in the urban setting - parked on the street with a car right behind you, parked in a garage, or providing entry to the rear of the vehicle for your super-model girlfriend 😁

Local time
Reaction score
The rear view doesn’t bother me that much, most of the time when I am touring I have the back full anyway so I can’t see out the back even with a good window. There is a rear view camera for reversing so that’s fine. My preferred door arrangement is actually the one up and one down, it’s a little worse for trying to get stuff at the back of the loadspace but if you want to reach in to grab something quickly you can just open the top bit which is better access than the Grenadier little door, and stuff doesn’t fall out, and when you are stopped the tailgate makes a nice table or seat and the the top door gives you a bit of shelter if you are sitting on the tailgate or with thr taligate closed it gives you shelter while you are reaching into the back. The downside is that if you want the tyre on the back you need a swingaway carrier which adds weight and is an extra step for opening the back, but on my Discovery I never found it a huge hassle.
I like sitting on a tailgate.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me and adds character to the design and uniqueness. It does impact visibility of course. Functionality vs more standard designs depends on your use case.

first-contact-we-got-hands-on-with-the-ineos-grenadier-p1-and-p2_112.jpg

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:25 AM
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me and adds character to the design and uniqueness. It does impact visibility of course. Functionality vs more standard designs depends on your use case.

View attachment 7802495
I guess an EXTRA 20% of visibility lost due to split doors versus single barn

Local time
Reaction score
I guess an EXTRA 20% of visibility lost due to split doors versus single barn
Yeah. This photo really shows how the double doors impact visibility. To me this is significant, and unless you mess with the ECU, the rear camera does not operate while the vehicle is moving forward. I drive a pickup truck with a topper on my bed, so I'm used to losing rear visibility (snow in the gap between the topper and cab, condensation on the inside glass of the topper, etc.), so I'm comfortable using the side mirrors. But still, having a permanent obstruction is less than ideal. When combined with my own personal preference for a single barn door (for other reasons), I'm mildly put out. Like a 2 on a scale from 1 to 10 :)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:25 PM
Reaction score
I’ve no problem using side view mirrors. I’ll pretend I’m driving a van.

As for the power points. As long as there are plenty of usb/usb3 and a few standard 12 v sockets I can change out to whatever I need then I’m happy

The interesting power points for me are the roof ones. Those I’m stoked about and the one in the engine bay, assuming it’s real……

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
Since the doors are the same regardless, I think the rear view for one drive setup could be better than the other. That is, rear visibility might be better in the RHD than LHD trucks or vice versa.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7802493
They intended to do so, but for an unknown reason, they dismissed it.
Perhaps I will install an inverter myself with a socket at the same location.
Some child would have zapped themselves if it was there ; it may have also been a flooding risk .
Easy enough to install your own somewhere else.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some child would have zapped themselves if it was there ; it may have also been a flooding risk .
Yes I suspect that those reasons possibly along with cost savings were the demise. I have a 2000w one sitting around, I will probably just stick an Anderson plug in the back somewhere and if I need 240v will just plug it in. Of more concern to me is that apart from the centre console box there is no power outlets, USB or cigarette style on the dash for things like ipads, offraod nav systems or HUD etc. once I have a proper look I might try to access the power outlet which is supposedly in the footwell and stick some extra USB ports in somewhere.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I suspect that those reasons possibly along with cost savings were the demise. I have a 2000w one sitting around, I will probably just stick an Anderson plug in the back somewhere and if I need 240v will just plug it in. Of more concern to me is that apart from the centre console box there is no power outlets, USB or cigarette style on the dash for things like ipads, offraod nav systems or HUD etc. once I have a proper look I might try to access the power outlet which is supposedly in the footwell and stick some extra USB ports in somewhere.
I quite like this idea if I can find somewhere unobtrusive to locate it.https://www.12voltdirect.com.au/~21324456

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
I agree, but my intention is not to have it connected the whole time. A switch is usually available on the invertor!

I quite like this idea if I can find somewhere unobtrusive to locate it.https://www.12voltdirect.com.au/~21324456
I bought this on AliExpress in December for that purpose, and it is already in my possession, 14 euro, looks decent and works:
12VtoUSB.jpg

My idea is to mount it here:
12VtoUSB2.jpg
as I will not have seat heating.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, but my intention is not to have it connected the whole time. A switch is usually available on the invertor!
Not many things can kill you in a stationary car; maybe a snake.
And 240 volts. Some imbecile influencer would no doubt electrocute themselves using a hairdryer in a pimped Ineos so I think they are wise not to offer this from the factory.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Of more concern to me is that apart from the centre console box there is no power outlets, USB or cigarette style on the dash for things like ipads, offraod nav systems or HUD etc
How is it that no-one has picked that up as an issue before now (that I can recall).
Even in a “utilitarian“ vehicle that’s a major cock up I’d say.

I ticked the box for extras, I wonder where they go?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
How is it that no-one has picked that up as an issue before now (that I can recall).

Inspector Gadget and old school 4x4 are uneasy bedfellows 😉

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Do we know what’s beneath the hatch pictured below the keyed ignition?

1675682394522.jpeg

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

8748D42D-CD05-4C0B-8D9B-3C9B0C9B34BC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom