The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

14 Power points/rear view and split doors????

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
I'm afraid the poor rear visibility won't stop others from blinding me. So a self dimming mirror still makes sense. And I'd even like to have them as side mirrors.

Self dimming mirrors are imo the best convenience option I've ever seen. They stay invisible as you don't simply notice them. The silently do their job, don't talk to you end never ask for attention. This is one of the features you won't miss until it's gone.
I agree to 100 %. But hopefully the effect of beeing blinded will not occure that often in a two metre high vehicle as it occurs in your Mercedes.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
I'm afraid the poor rear visibility won't stop others from blinding me. So a self dimming mirror still makes sense. And I'd even like to have them as side mirrors.

Self dimming mirrors are imo the best convenience option I've ever seen. They stay invisible as you don't simply notice them. They silently do their job, don't talk to you end never ask for attention. This is one of the features you won't miss until it's gone.
I intend to install a self dimming mirror - you're absolutely correct about missing once you don't have one. I put one in my 80-series LC and loved it.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I intend to install a self dimming mirror - you're absolutely correct about missing once you don't have one. I put one in my 80-series LC and loved it.
Does anyone know whether there are regulations for exchanging rear mirrors within the EU? Is there something like an certificate needed?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
My advice: don't ask.

If you always ask, the day will come when you can't even take a shit without a permit.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My advice: don't ask.

If you always ask, the day will come when you can't even take a shit without a permit.
"Wer viel fragt kriegt viele Antworten"
"Ask a lot and you get a lot of answers"

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
I’m flirting with one of these, noting the rear loadspace will be occupied.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've asked this before elsewhere, can someone tell me / show me a picture of where the medium outlet bonnet is in the front of the car!?
Don’t think I have seen the details on this or any pictures anywhere

Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
Front and Rear View cameras.
I would really like to see an option for front and rear view cameras.
At the rear the best would be like my daughters Toyota Highlander You have the choice of a regular flip to dim rearview mirror, and the option to switch to a screen that shows through the mirror which show a video from the backup camera (may actually be from a second camera that's not as wide angle a view... not sure) That way you can see past the tire and ladder when driving in a crazy place like Boston roads)
At the front a camera that shows the terrain directly in front of the truck, something that is hidden by the the high hood. It could display on the center console Very useful for slow crawls over rough ground, but also to keep from running over little kids in the driveway. Think that is alarmist? Watch this video on front blind spots in pickups and SUVs.
sobering

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
What is under the centre cubby box? I recall they originally had an inverter slated for this running into the back footwell/air vent.

Back
Top Bottom