The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wind Deflector for fill rhino rack

Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
Wind noise from the full size Rhino Rack is a bit much. I build this out of a piece of 14x60" 1/4" ABS sheet. Center cut is 1.75 deep and 10.5 wide. Lower bend is 1.75" up from the bottom, and top bend is 3" from the top. I 3D printed some T nuts and bolted it down. The top bend is a bit more bent than it has to be so it is "Sprung" against the rubber seal around the windshield (though I need to bend the outer corners a bit more).

The net is that it works. Wind noise from the rack is way less and totally livable. I may experiment with other shapes and see if anything is better, but this works pretty well.

IMG_6896.jpgIMG_6897.jpgIMG_6895.jpg

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
No noise issue for me. I wonder why it is impacting some cars and not others? I also have a awning and solar panel mounted. Both additions made no difference to noise levels. The rack is behaving the same way the Rhino worked on my Patrol - no issues.

Initially I thought there was a whistle when the awning was added, but it turned out to be the air con fan making the noise, not the roof rack.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. How far back is the rack edge from the top edge of the windshield? Also, do you have safari windows?

Local time
Reaction score
No noise issue for me. I wonder why it is impacting some cars and not others? I also have a awning and solar panel mounted. Both additions made no difference to noise levels. The rack is behaving the same way the Rhino worked on my Patrol - no issues.

Initially I thought there was a whistle when the awning was added, but it turned out to be the air con fan making the noise, not the roof rack.
Any chance you can give me a photo of the side profile of your grenadier with the rack? One thing I notice on mine is that the cutouts for the handles are not fully aligned with the handles - I'm trying to figure out if the rack is meant to sit differently on the grenadier than mine is.

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
Where do you get the rubber strip from that goes in channels.I had some that came with rack but only enough for hiding wiring on side channels.Not near enough for the roof slots.

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
Thanks,they wont deliver to UK.Rhino rack accesories very difficult to get hold of here company called tbr is agent but dont stock much will see if they can order

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any chance you can give me a photo of the side profile of your grenadier with the rack? One thing I notice on mine is that the cutouts for the handles are not fully aligned with the handles - I'm trying to figure out if the rack is meant to sit differently on the grenadier than mine is.
I get the car back today, so I will try and do that - but the car has been fitted out and I may get side tracked though excitement! So remind me if I forget.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Photo of the right side of my car. The grab handle at the front of the Rhino Rack I added to help me get into the car (RHD). I should have some better images later today.

Roof line.jpg

Other side of the car; not that much help with the Clevershade Awning attached.
Roof line2.jpg

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks! So, looking at that it looks like the back edge of the rack is even with the seam between the rear door and the roof? I think mine is sitting forward of that. I’ll do some checking and testing.

Back
Top Bottom