The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Winch installed

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
Today I got my winch and bumper installed (LeTech Kit). I am so much looking forward to test it tomorrow 👍🏻👍🏻😂!
What I really like already is the quality and design of the bumper and that one has easy access to the winch.IMG_3088.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3084.jpeg
    IMG_3084.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3083.jpeg
    IMG_3083.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3087.jpeg
    IMG_3087.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 77

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
Today I got my winch and bumper installed (LeTech Kit). I am so much looking forward to test it tomorrow 👍🏻👍🏻😂!
What I really like already is the quality and design of the bumper and that one has easy access to the winch.View attachment 7844296
May I ask the overall cost of this conversion? Including spring upgrade?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
Make sure to list it as a modification on your insurance policy.
A small shunt could be very expensive to fix.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Make sure to list it as a modification on your insurance policy.
A small shunt could be very expensive to fix.
It is all documented and approved. In Germany we have the funny thing called TÜV- an official tech-check. Without there approval regarding changes of technical changes you better don‘t drive because you insurance cover is simply „gone“.
However, thanks for you tip @Tazzieman 👍🏻

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Not all jurisdictions are the same; the UK is quite permissive, owners can fit almost anything provided it does not stick out and have sharp edges.

The Germans have it particularly hard, no TUV approval, you cannot legally fit it. Part of annual inspections is proving you have the approvals for any aftermarket alterations. It makes for beautiful kit but some scary prices.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not all jurisdictions are the same; the UK is quite permissive, owners can fit almost anything provided it does not stick out and have sharp edges.

The Germans have it particularly hard, no TUV approval, you cannot legally fit it. Part of annual inspections is proving you have the approvals for any aftermarket alterations. It makes for beautiful kit but some scary prices.
Absolutely correct

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Much of the cost of German kit is paying for independent testing. Any manufacturer is taking a big risk on developing products, so I am quite surprised that there is so much stuff on the market for Grenadiers.

Design and quality for this aftermarket stuff will generally be very good - a proper engineer has had a long, cold look at the product and considers it safe. I wish I could say the same for some of the UK made Land Rover tat on the market.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm so glad we don't have those!

Much of the cost of German kit is paying for independent testing. Any manufacturer is taking a big risk on developing products, so I am quite surprised that there is so much stuff on the market for Grenadiers.

Design and quality for this aftermarket stuff will generally be very good - a proper engineer has had a long, cold look at the product and considers it safe. I wish I could say the same for some of the UK made Land Rover tat on the market.
You are right Jeremy - it is really „tested to be safe for pedestrians“, what I believe is a good thing.
So the rules in Germany having pro‘s and cons- like always.
Well today I will test that stuff in the woods. My gut feeling is that it will be goooood 😉😂

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

In my view, the tests serve not only to protect others, but also to protect ourselves. I keep hearing people say that you can fit anything you want to your vehicle if you don't use it on public roads. I doubt that. My original plan was to only use the Grenadier on my private property. I had already got the green licence plates for it. But the hassle of changing to the LR every time I drive on public roads was too much for me.
However, if an accident happened on my property due to an unauthorised attachment, the insurance company would certainly check what caused it and possibly not pay any compensation.
That's why it's important to me to only use tested and approved attachments, such as the Rockinger Vario coupling.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tested the winch today. It works fine - as ecpected.
It is connected via the 500A fuse/relay and path of the Nato-socket. It works therefore in D,R and 0 of the gear box and not if the car is in the P mode. That does make sence to me, because you do not put heavy forces while in the P-mode.
I like the winch also because the clutch is connected and disconnected by the remote control.
The remote works fine even from 25 m.
Winch installed in the LeTech Kit is a Warn Zeon 10 S Platinum.
Oh - what I like as well: at the winch are two power outlets that can be controlled by the remote ad well. A clever idea from my point of view!
Will keep you all updated if there are any news - good or bad 😉

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom