The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Winch and bumper possibly for sale?

CORE Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. I was getting ready to buy a rig already specd with a winch installed, but my company was going to build a new bumper bull bar 15k capacity winch for these machines.
Do you think anyone would be interested in buying this from me ? Unfortunately since I didn't order this build I'll have to take what it comes with.

I was also wondering if anyone foresees an issue installing the winch and bumper from my 2024 to another without the factory winch system?

Thanks!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to be honest, I’m a bit confused on what you are asking. Are you asking if someone wants to buy an IG you have already purchased? Or asking if someone wants to buy a bumper and winch setup?

If the former, please use the classified section. If the latter, explaining more about what is being designed would be appreciated.

Thanks.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe he's asking if anyone would like to buy the OEM winch and bumper from a Grenadier pending delivery.

Further, he'd like to know if there are any issues foreseen with installation of the OEM winch and bumper on a vehicle that did not come with one from the factory.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe he's asking if anyone would like to buy the OEM winch and bumper from a Grenadier pending delivery.

Further, he'd like to know if there are any issues foreseen with installation of the OEM winch and bumper on a vehicle that did not come with one from the factory.
This is how I'm reading it.

You don't need to swap the whole bumper, just the center section of the bumper support and winch (and the center section of the bumper because of the cutout in the grille). However, if the purchasing vehicle doesn't have the high amp switch panel it won't be pre-wired for the winch, and thus will have to handle all the wiring themselves (not a huge deal). Then again, if your company regularly builds winch bumpers, this should be something you've handled on countless other vehicles.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
Depending on what the market comes up with this is my plan. I'm hoping someone releases a swap in for the center bumper portion for a winch that would still be compatible with the bullbar. If nobody designs something, or if the designs have tramp stamps laser cut into them like companies tend to do nowadays, I'll try to find someone's take off bumper and winch. Still too early in the process for me, but will be following to see how it goes for the eventual buyer.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think the only real benefit of the factory winch is the fact that it is all factory installed and factory warrantied. Anyone installing after the fact would lose both of those benefits. I can't imaging anyone buying a takeoff for close to the factory price, probably not even 50%.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Depending on what the market comes up with this is my plan. I'm hoping someone releases a swap in for the center bumper portion for a winch that would still be compatible with the bullbar. If nobody designs something, or if the designs have tramp stamps laser cut into them like companies tend to do nowadays, I'll try to find someone's take off bumper and winch. Still too early in the process for me, but will be following to see how it goes for the eventual buyer.
Agreed with not needing a ton of logos built into the design - that's an artifact from the jeeper crowd that I'd like to avoid.

CORE Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Would be surprised if you lost the warranty with the factory supplied winch system parts, but who knows.

We're going to be making a complete heavier duty, but still high clearance winch bumper with an optional bull bar. Trying to figure out what we can do for protection on the intercooler ports and possibly a quicksand diverter for deep mud/water crossings without effecting the cooling. Not easy.
I've seen one rig that got in the soft wet stuff one time and it definitely looks like is lost at least 25% of its air flow after it got a bath.

We're very open to ideas from IG owners!
We'll start with a traditional break and weld monocoque subframe design and eventually spring the funds for a pressed unit on subframe for more OEM looks and easier production.

Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think you simply wouldn’t have the warranty on the winch, can’t imagine it would affect anything else.

Back
Top Bottom