The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Winch + Factor 55 Ultrahook = collision alert

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
I installed a Factor 55 Ultrahook on my winch and pulled slack on the rope so the Ultrahook sits tight and flush with the fairlead. Now I'm getting collision alerts on the tell-tale. This morning, on my first drive after Ultrahook installation, there was this loud warning sounds I hadn't heard before. Nothing like the pleasant bongs for lane departure or the ADAS clicks. This was loud! I also keep getting collision avoidance alerts. I wonder if it has something to so with the Ultrahook being tight and flush on the bumper. I'll remove the Ultrahook tomorrow and see if the warnings continue.
1000007737.jpg

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
I installed a Factor 55 Ultrahook on my winch and pulled slack on the rope so the Ultrahook sits tight and flush with the fairlead. Now I'm getting collision alerts on the tell-tale. This morning, on my first drive after Ultrahook installation, there was this loud warning sounds I hadn't heard before. Nothing like the pleasant bongs for lane departure or the ADAS clicks. This was loud! I also keep getting collision avoidance alerts. I wonder if it has something to so with the Ultrahook being tight and flush on the bumper. I'll remove the Ultrahook tomorrow and see if the warnings continue.
View attachment 7837070
How does the number plate fit over the ultra hook? Could it be that creating the warning?

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How does the number plate fit over the ultra hook? Could it be that creating the warning?
It's possible. Before I remove the Ultrahook, I'll raise the number plate and drive around first to see if warning persists.

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:48 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7837070
I have a generic look-a-like factor55 flatlink made of billet aluminium and it causes no such problem on my trialmaster, it’s slightly smaller profile. Whether it is sideways or hanging down (it loosened up on my recent off road excursion) and it doesn’t alert. IMG_2824.jpeg

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a generic look-a-like factor55 flatlink made of billet aluminium and it causes no such problem on my trialmaster, it’s slightly smaller profile. Whether it is sideways or hanging down (it loosened up on my recent off road excursion) and it doesn’t alert. View attachment 7837073
But Aussie Grenadiers don't have collision alert, do they @douggie ?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
@grnamin slacken the hook and see what happens. Most collision avoidance is camera/sensor driven. The thing is the US models have features we mere mortals have no experience in.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7837070
Collision avoidance alerts or parking sensor alerts? Former we don’t have but the latter, on my vehicle at least, is prone to hallucinations, regardless of hook fitment.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My front proximity sensors were going off regularly. When I mentioned this to the dealer, they removed the dealer fitted plastic number plate surround, and all is good now. So apparently the extra 5mm made a big difference when the winch “flip up” number plate holder is used.
Perhaps this may have something to do with it.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@grnamin slacken the hook and see what happens. Most collision avoidance is camera/sensor driven. The thing is the US models have features we mere mortals have no experience in.
Will try this. Thank you, MrMike!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My front proximity sensors were going off regularly. When I mentioned this to the dealer, they removed the dealer fitted plastic number plate surround, and all is good now. So apparently the extra 5mm made a big difference when the winch “flip up” number plate holder is used.
Perhaps this may have something to do with it.
Hmm. Removed that on delivery and have still had the issue. @Davman were your inboard or outboard sensors activating?

My repeat offenders are port/outboard/front and starboard/outboard/rear... but their mates also like to chime in.
I was thinking it might be dust deposition but keeping the external faces clean doesn’t appear to help.

One for Purnell when we make it back to Sydney, perhaps.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score
You could disconnect all of the front PDC sensors... on other vehicles I've seen it go one of two ways, either an error is thrown or it says nothing at all

I would imagine it's *just* enough metal to get picked up, so angling the center sensors out slightly may work as well (in the Sprinter world a zip tie behind the bumper can pull them just enough to not yell about large boxes placed on rear carriers)

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You could disconnect all of the front PDC sensors... on other vehicles I've seen it go one of two ways, either an error is thrown or it says nothing at all

I would imagine it's *just* enough metal to get picked up, so angling the center sensors out slightly may work as well (in the Sprinter world a zip tie behind the bumper can pull them just enough to not yell about large boxes placed on rear carriers)
Haven't gotten around to doing anything yet, but so far, no more alerts. Maybe the system is "learning".

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hmm. Removed that on delivery and have still had the issue. @Davman were your inboard or outboard sensors activating?

My repeat offenders are port/outboard/front and starboard/outboard/rear... but their mates also like to chime in.
I was thinking it might be dust deposition but keeping the external faces clean doesn’t appear to help.

One for Purnell when we make it back to Sydney, perhaps.
I have been assuming this will be resolved with a software update. Maybe not 🤷🏼‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom