The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier winch bumper uk vs australia

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
If you're working off nominal fleet angles of a few degrees, then there seems more than enough "tolerance" to exceed these before the limit of the edges of the bumper are reached.
View attachment 7797653
Remember that Sod's law dictates that the winch line will be at the end of the winch drum wnen you want to do a sideways pull........

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
Hi Brookers78 ( Neil )thanks for joining and sharing personally I think the european solution for the winch is highly impractical the removable plastic cover alone is unworkable so we will just leave it off and stick a numberplate on a bracket. With the ROW version there is more room behind the winch to mount spotlights which I think we will be struggling with on the european version as not enough room when the cover is removed .I would also love to fit the front tow hitch to move aircraft (airside) around but the european version won't allow for this
Will be interested in the parts list to change over. Also a plastic bumper scratches .
I notice the rear bumpers are all metal what if you reverse over a european.?
Not enough room behind green line for spotlights will have to put them on metal bar /plate .
View attachment 7797784View attachment 7797782
Do you (or anyone) have a picture of the full ROW bumper? I am interested to know if the "wings" stick out as much as the Euro "plastic fantastic" bumper, that is big enough to lay out my lunch on. I would prefer MUCH less"stick-out" (which would improve the approach angle at the (critical) corners!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
Do you (or anyone) have a picture of the full ROW bumper? I am interested to know if the "wings" stick out as much as the Euro "plastic fantastic" bumper, that is big enough to lay out my lunch on. I would prefer MUCH less"stick-out" (which would improve the approach angle at the (critical) corners!
This is how we deal with excess bumper in Oz - more steel.

Suits me just fine.

Attachments

• FCC0EA0F-B74A-46B7-BFD4-B5F96639D095.jpeg
    FCC0EA0F-B74A-46B7-BFD4-B5F96639D095.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 79
  • 93654145-23FA-4BAE-9541-DB4E4F4DFAC2.jpeg
    93654145-23FA-4BAE-9541-DB4E4F4DFAC2.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 77

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't but someone has measured the width of the Euro & ROW bumpers (and indicated somewhere on the forum).

I recall the Euro plastic bumper being 55mm wider.

Then adding a Roo Bar to The ROW narrower bumper means even the smallest arse won't have a seat

Local time
2:08 PM
Reaction score
The Sodomites , definitely. But Americans shy away from religious colloquialisms, as blasphemy is for reasons unknown to me , a crime.
I'll bugger off now.
Perhaps a little context would be helpful...

There has not been a federal law against blasphemy in the United States since 1791, when the First Amendment to the Constitution was adopted (also known as the Bill of Rights).

In 1925, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that First Amendment protections (i.e. freedom of speech) applied to state governments (Gitlow v. New York).

In 1952, the U.S. Supreme Court addressed the issue of blasphemy in cinema (Burstyn v. Wilson), when it ruled that "The state has no legitimate interest in protecting any or all religions from views distasteful to them... It is not the business of government in our nation to suppress real or imagined attacks upon a particular religious doctrine..." In making this ruling, the Supreme Court unequivocally ruled that laws against blasphemy violated the First Amendment to the Constitution.

Four states (Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan - what's up with the "M" states?) still have laws against blasphemy, but these date back to the founding of the country, and for the most part, no one knows they exist. Their continued existence is a consequence of the federal system, the distribution of powers between federal and state governments, and the fact that it is a hassle for state legislatures to address out-dated laws (they are just ignored, and if anyone is charged with violating one of them, then the law is struck down through the legal process).

The last person to be jailed in the United States for blasphemy was Abner Kneeland in 1838.

Were anyone to actually be charged with blasphemy today in Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, or Michigan, the case would be thrown out and the law would be struck down - as the Supreme Court has already ruled that laws against blasphemy violate the First Amendment.

For example, in a rather bizarre situation, in 1977, the Pennsylvania General Assembly enacted a blasphemy law that forbade corporations from incorporating names containing words that "constitute blasphemy, profane cursing or swearing, or that profane the Lord’s name." In 2007, filmmaker George Kalman had filed a limited liability company named I Choose Hell Productions, LLC. A week later he had received an unsigned letter explaining that his application was rejected because his company’s name could not “contain words that constitute blasphemy.” In February 2009, Kalman filed suit to have the provision against blasphemy struck down as unconstitutional. On June 30, 2010, U.S. District Judge Michael M. Bayslon of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, ruled in favor of Kalman, finding that Pennsylvania's blasphemy statute violated both the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. For references, see: https://web.archive.org/web/2011060....uscourts.gov/documents/opinions/10D0634P.pdf

Meanwhile, people are being executed for blasphemy in Iran and Saudi Arabia. In Russia, anti-blasphemy laws have become a new tool of the state to suppress dissent, as Putin has embraced the Eastern Orthodox Church as an element of Russian nationalism. See this document for current laws against blasphemy that are actually acted upon:

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is how we deal with excess bumper in Oz - more steel.

Suits me just fine.
The top one is UK spec and it looks a bit larger bumper than the aussies spec below but I don't think it really is
Below that the UK spec is on the right, aussie in the middle and of course the only sensible configuration the other images are aussie spec with roo bar.
These images are only from the configurator though so may be completely wrong

1673138515108.png1673138533100.png

1673138783998.png

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Yes, partly bend radius and also the heat that is generated.
I've spent many days at the test hose breaking things to see what happens to rope in different scenarios
for me the most important questions about the integrated winch: there are situations in which it is not pulled straight, but at an angle. is there enough space if the rope winds up on one side?
and is a stop integrated so that the winch cable is not unwound too far?

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
for me the most important questions about the integrated winch: there are situations in which it is not pulled straight, but at an angle. is there enough space if the rope winds up on one side?
and is a stop integrated so that the winch cable is not unwound too far?
Check out post 186 on this thread for details on the rope retention.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
I had read it, but didn't know whether it was standard in Grenadier
and what’s with the wind up?
I agree with @Hannes01 ... in post 186 they use the wording "apparently". I have a winch on my car, but there were no manuals in the car, therefore I can't answer, but as soon as I can I will try to answer that question too, but I do not plan for the moment to go to my dealer in the next days, perhaps end of next week.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh bummer I didn't realise overseas had such ridiculous regs on new vehicles, but you can still drive vehicles from 1950s which are patently more dangerous on the road when compared to new vehicles. This is what happens when insurance giants create legislation on your behalf. How do you get a proper winch position in the UK?

Local time
Reaction score
Oh bummer I didn't realise overseas had such ridiculous regs on new vehicles, but you can still drive vehicles from 1950s which are patently more dangerous on the road when compared to new vehicles. This is what happens when insurance giants create legislation on your behalf. How do you get a proper winch position in the UK?
Buy and fit a ROW bumper .

Local time
Reaction score
Short video of Common Market bumper.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do like the hinged winch bumper cover for UK & Europe displayed by Letech at the A&A Exhibition in Bad Kissingen this last week, as shown below:-

1686520015534.png

It is what I originally anticipated receiving from INEOS instead of the cheap and nasty solution actually delivered. I have requested further details from Letech and will post further for anyone else interested.

Back
Top Bottom