The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who's is this one in UK???

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
Is it your video?
My other lad did it. He’s only 11 and I’d not realised he’d posted it until it got published here.. It’s waiting side rails and the software update and it’d not been cleaned since it came off the transportper last week. I’ve got a video of that as well. For private use you understand.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh no has that footrest grown even larger?
View attachment 7803810
Haha: we tried to tell the world, and everyone said it was 'ok you will be fine its nothing'. Apparently, the majority of RHD forum 'testers' have no issue with this. If that is the final product... well wow wee. I am very concerned I will hate the driving position of this car as the PT02 wasn't that great... In my mind I am trying to tell myself its nothing but that is a bloody monster...

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Haha: we tried to tell the world, and everyone said it was 'ok you will be fine its nothing'. Apparently, the majority of RHD forum 'testers' have no issue with this. If that is the final product... well wow wee. I am very concerned I will hate the driving position of this car as the PT02 wasn't that great... In my mind I am trying to tell myself its nothing but that is a bloody monster...
I didn't notice it at all once driving. Propper non issue imo. But then I'm used to driving jeeps and old trucks!

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
Correct @Spjnr.
100% it looks weird, and is possibly going to be a little more uncomfortable on longer drives than if it wasn't there, but I doesn't affect the function and operation of the pedals AT ALL in my experience.
If it is "bigger" than the PTO2/3 versions then there is obviously a good "ergonomic" reason for it - as I doubt there is a mechanical one.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Correct @Spjnr.
100% it looks weird, and is possibly going to be a little more uncomfortable on longer drives than if it wasn't there, but I doesn't affect the function and operation of the pedals AT ALL in my experience.
If it is "bigger" than the PTO2/3 versions then there is obviously a good "ergonomic" reason for it - as I doubt there is a mechanical one.
It is impossible to be a good ergonomic design when one foot is 'in resting plane' 100mm short of the other. It will, by default, rotate your hip slightly and its unavoidable. I drove an Isuzu a few years back (light truck) which had a raised footrest - even worse than the GREN! It was a disastor for anything over 1hr worth of driving. Boss ended up having it completely removed due to complaints. We will see however, what people say after 300kms with one foot pusched back 4 inches from the throttle.

I could accept the raised footrest if it was 'in plane' with the throttle. But not inset 100mm... 3 drives here in PT02 and it was the same everytime. Ineos rep said it was a problem they had raised with IA HQ and was hoping it would be 'better' in the final build. Seems to be quite the opposite.

I want to see how this goes with forum users RHD type - when people take off the rose tinted glasses and objectively look at this.

Congrats on the OWNER getting his car though!!!!

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@trobex - I didn't say that the footrest was a good design ergonomically - personally, like you, I would prefer that it be a lot smaller.

What I did say was that IF there was an increase in the size of the footrest (and we don't exactly yet), then obviously INEOS decided to make it bigger for a reason. One would assume that such a reason would be for ergonomic reasons to try to make it better, not because there were mechanical reasons for doing so.
After all the negative feedback that they have received on this issue, I am sure this is one of the most highly reviewed design elements of the vehicle over the past year - they aren't going to make it more CRAP, just for fun.

I don't think any of us RHS drivers on the forum here have rose colour glasses on with this one mate - as I think most of the demographic on this forum are the type that would look at the whole project rationally, analysing the positives and the negatives of the vehicle and weighing the balance of what they can live with, and what they cant.

I agree with you too - Congrats to @Ever Pragmatic. Perhaps his username applies to all of us here.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I want to see how this goes with forum users RHD type - when people take off the rose tinted glasses and objectively look at this.
I honestly have no issue driving with a slightly twisted and bent left leg. LR series , + various other cars with pedals similar to IG.
But then again I haven't allowed myself to slip into middle aged stiffness either.
Chances are you use velcro or zips on work boots, not laces :D

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Correct @Spjnr.
It couldn't be bigger in real life.

I suspect it's the angle of the iphone taking the photo

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I noticed a couple of the reviewers that complained said they like to have their seat as low as possible and reclined.
That would definitely cause a problem with the footrest.
In the grenadier it is better to have the seat up high and more upright i find.
This leaves plenty of room for left leg to sit comfortably

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I noticed a couple of the reviewers that complained said they like to have their seat as low as possible and reclined.
That would definitely cause a problem with the footrest.
In the grenadier it is better to have the seat up high and more upright i find.
This leaves plenty of room for left leg to sit comfortably
Correct - the ONLY way I found comfort was in a fully upright position, with seat slightly closer to steering wheel than I would normally drive. Down + reclined is not possible without discomfort - not without your left hammy sitting well of the squab.. (you will not see single review video where the seat is down and reclined!) To be honest, the high seating position was tolerable for the drive up some rocks/ruts etc and the test is the long haul... which we will all get to hear more of soon.

So, UK are now getting cars! Lucky buggers I saw elsewhere another UK owner got theirs. How long before owner reviews come out?

Back
Top Bottom