The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Grenadier Snorkel Issue?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:00 AM
Reaction score

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
As I've posted elsewhere, this is absolutely seeking a solution for a problem that doesn't exist, and almost seems like planting the seed to push their upcoming "snorkel" in lieu of the OEM RAI.

A couple things to keep in mind:
- It has never been branded as a snorkel. It is specifically a raised air intake
- It has a drain hole in the intake system specifically for this reason
- For water to be sucked into the engine from that lower part of the elbow it would mean that there was no other airflow (such as if the opening at the top of the RAI and any other non-sealed components of the intake tract were completely blocked), only then would it actually move water instead of air (water is much harder to suck in than air)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I posted it on FB, so I'll add it here as well... Specifically since the video states that there is no gasket, here's a photo to show the gasket. This is the side of the raised air intake that touches the fender

419130362_367073199300343_6583788297688471920_n.jpg

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I commented as well, there were a few inaccuracies to his story
Its a bit click baitey, wait for their snorkel to hit the market and then claim that the wading depth is increased.

On a side note it looks like they pinched my Grenadier the buggers...

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I posted it on FB, so I'll add it here as well... Specifically since the video states that there is no gasket, here's a photo to show the gasket. This is the side of the raised air intake that touches the fender

View attachment 7840418
HI anand,
Is it fairly easy to remove the RAI and are factory replacement side vents and A pillar fillers available?
Do you have to cut the wire or is there a connector that can simply disconnect?
Does anyone have the part numbers for a vent cover and A pillar fillers.
Are there any instructions on removal?
Reason I ask is I am likely going to remove my RAI, however would also like the ability to put it back on in the future.
DaBull

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
HI anand,
Is it fairly easy to remove the RAI and are factory replacement side vents and A pillar fillers available?
Do you have to cut the wire or is there a connector that can simply disconnect?
Does anyone have the part numbers for a vent cover and A pillar fillers.
Are there any instructions on removal?
Reason I ask is I am likely going to remove my RAI, however would also like the ability to put it back on in the future.
DaBull
I haven't done it myself (the photo was sent to me); however it isn't a super involved process. From what I've heard it is a bit intricate to get the indicator removed properly from the RAI, but other than that very straightforward. No instructions exist in the wild as of yet, but, if you have a friendly dealer parts department, they should have access to that and should be able to print off a few pages of the repair steps.

The harness in the photo has been cut, but there is absolutely a connector at the turn indicator that can simply be unplugged.

Part numbers should be able to be sourced from a dealer, again, assuming they are willing to put in the leg work to scroll through some pages.

The only "difference" for the RAI vs. the standard fender intake are external, so the swap shouldn't be too terrible. What this means is that the drain that is in the intake tract exists for both vehicles with and without the RAI

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve seen his neighborhood-why steal an IG when it’s surrounded by Bentleys, Bugattis, Rolls…🤣
Gotta have something for the mundane dump run, but guessing if they are driving Bugattis, they have people for that!

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:00 PM
Reaction score
I took mine off in 10 minutes. 6 bolts One of the clips had broken that's holds the Australian (ADR) indicator in place. There is a drain inside the car body. There is also a gasket. It is a duetsch plug connection to the light. That's the hardest bit to undo. I'm not expert but it's not a snorkel the way it is.
Pedro

Attachments

• 20231217_122451.jpg
    20231217_122451.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • 20231217_122446.jpg
    20231217_122446.jpg
    994.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 20231217_122435.jpg
    20231217_122435.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 104
  • 20231217_122428.jpg