The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wheel rim size

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
Hi all not sure if this has been covered but does anyone know the wheel offset/wheel nut pattern and centre bore.
Thanks

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Arkaig?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
Bump

Anybody heard any info about this from the recent test drives?

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
6:11 PM
Reaction score
From what I have been able to research the Mercedes Sprinter Van has the same wheel. But that seems to be it. The LDV T60 has the same stud pattern and PCD but a smaller centre bore (74mm) so those wheels wouldn't fit.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From what I have been able to research the Mercedes Sprinter Van has the same wheel. But that seems to be it. The LDV T60 has the same stud pattern and PCD but a smaller centre bore (74mm) so those wheels wouldn't fit.
Go to a tyre shop and ask them.
Doesn't really matter if they fit a Sprinter van or LDV, as long as they fit a Grenadier.
Unless of course you are planning a 2 am shopping trip with a 5 finger discount

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My son has a Jeep Sahara with 18inch rims. I was thinking about getting 18s too just for possibility of swapping, tires. I guess rims would be the question then. I’d rather go with 17s all else being equal…

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
17 inch Is quite good for tyre selection, but in truth none are a bad choice. 19 and above are where you start limiting offroad performance and ride. (Obviously with 33" and smaller tyres)

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:11 AM
Reaction score
Bonjour
Existe-t-il un schéma du positionnement et des perçages des jantes à 6 trous ?
Quelles sont les jantes acier finalement compatibles ?
Merci de votre retour

Bonne journée

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour
Existe-t-il un schéma du positionnement et des perçages des jantes à 6 trous ?
Quelles sont les jantes acier finalement compatibles ?
Merci de votre retour

Bonne journée
This was posted earlier
"Hub PCD is 130 & hub threads are 6 x M14x1.5. The offset is 55mm positive. Bore is 84mm."

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour
Il s'agit donc de jantes alu de dimension 8X17 (17 pouces) 6X130 (6 trous sur diamètre 130) Déport ET + 55 avec un alésage de 84 mm
C'est bien ça ?

Compatible avec le Mercedes Sprinter (au 3 mm de déport près ...)
1669892490014.png

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would have preferred 16" but have gone for the 17" alloys as next best option
The steel wheels look ok but I think they are a bit fake/try hard for me
I really don't like the look of the 18" alloys they have chosen but wouldn't have gone 18" anyway
View attachment 7795210View attachment 7795211View attachment 7795212
Opted for 17" steel but recently been going back to my first option of 17" alloy. I can see another £200.00 being spent on additions before finally signing the order.
Black Roof
17" Alloys
Rear ladder
Lockable wheel cover/storage

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The 130 x 6 PCD and 84mm through bore matches the spec for current Mercedes Sprinter and the old MK.I VW Crafter vans, but both these vehicles have a 62 offset as standard.

There are loads of alloy rims that are listed online as suitable for MB Sprinter/ VW Crafter MK.I models but the majority of these have a 48mm offset or less which technically would require shimming in order to avoid accusations of being outside manufacturer's specifications and thus affecting vehicle stability. Unfortunately shims come with their own drawbacks, as unless they are hub-centric (which slimline shims generally are not) they put unnecessary load on your wheel mounting studs which is not great for a 3 tonne 4x4.

After doing a bit of research, it looks like Black Rhino produce several different designs with 130 x 6 PCD, 84mm thru bore and a stock 52mm offset: Barstow, Overland, Warlord and York rims. This is good as they are within the recommended +/-5mm deviation from the stock 55mm offset and wouldn't require shims or spacers.

It would be really useful to find out which USA vehicle Black Rhino introduced the 130 x 6 x 52 offset option to suit, as it's almost certainly not a MB Sprinter van! My guess based on the style of the rims they offer with this PCD/offset is that it'll be some kind of 4x4 or pick-up. If we could reverse engineer the Black Rhino 130 x 6 x 52 option back to the appropriate USA vehicle, then it'll probably be a more common vehicle on which we could base a wider search for other suitable after market alloy wheels.

Local time
Reaction score
The 130 x 6 PCD and 84mm through bore matches the spec for current Mercedes Sprinter and the old MK.I VW Crafter vans, but both these vehicles have a 62 offset as standard.

It would be really useful to find out which USA vehicle Black Rhino introduced the 130 x 6 x 52 offset option to suit, as it's almost certainly not a MB Sprinter van! My guess based on the style of the rims they offer with this PCD/offset is that it'll be some kind of 4x4 or pick-up. If we could reverse engineer the Black Rhino 130 x 6 x 52 option back to the appropriate USA vehicle, then it'll probably be a more common vehicle on which we could base a wider search for other suitable after market alloy wheels.
Looking into this right now... but have to ask, why not for the Sprinter Van ?

Sprinter spec I've found is 6.5x16 with ET62, 6x130 PCD, 84.1 bore as noted.

There's tons of Sprinter #Vanlife over here. Rhino tapping into after market wheels for wider and slightly taller tires requiring reduced offset ?

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Quelle est la dimension des pneus pour les jantes 17 pouces ?
265X70 R 17 ?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would have preferred 16" but have gone for the 17" alloys as next best option
The steel wheels look ok but I think they are a bit fake/try hard for me
I really don't like the look of the 18" alloys they have chosen but wouldn't have gone 18" anyway
View attachment 7795210View attachment 7795211View attachment 7795212
Like DaveB I am now trying to change to the 17 alloys...at first I liked the steel for that more rugged style but then the more I saw the alloys I was swayed...Ineos have picked these wheels for 17" alloy copy.jpgmany reasons and imho changing to an after-market set pulls the vehicle down a peg...I will play with a graphic as attached...it might or not happen...happy motoring

Back
Top Bottom