The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What is RCP?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
Some days ago I was driving with my infotainment in off road mode and on the temperature setting screen and I got the next message:
"Set RCP"
Anyone knows what this means? (Ineos, I hate abbreviations :devilish: :mad: )
20230906_150315.jpg

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
According to Google:

Remote Controlled Parking (RCP) means an ACSF of category A, actuated by the driver, providing parking or low speed manoeuvring. The actuation is made by remote control in close proximity to the vehicle.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
Some days ago I was driving with my infotainment in off road mode and on the temperature setting screen and I got the next message:
"Set RCP"
Anyone knows what this means? (Ineos, I hate abbreviations :devilish: :mad: )
View attachment 7826362
Why would you need to set the "Royal College of Physicians"??

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Reset/Remote Control Pressure, I believe.

Basically reset the default pressure to what ever you currently have tyres inflated to. Then high/low warnings will operate from that new fixed variable.

But really, just press it and see. I did, thats what it does. Lol

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just drove 3000+ km from Belgium to Poland and back. That TMPS* warning has gone off all the time. Telling me tire pressure to high. Did a reset at cold start, did a reset with the tires at temperature… Nothing. This thing was so annoying. And blocking all other information on the screen each two minute. But RCP? Didn’t see that on the screen. Why does’t the “OK” button doesn’t work that I can tell him, I know, so now Sh*t up.
(tire monitoring pressure system)

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
I found that running the tyres at sub 40 psi caused the temperature and pressure to go up resulting in alarms. On our France trip fully loaded I was running 46 psi in the rear and 42 on the front. It was fine after that. With the 285’s I’m running 37psi all round and no issues. I haven’t had it as heavy though.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, thanks, therefore Remote Control Pressure.

I don't understand anyway, because the tyre pressure and temperature looked OK.
But all these warnings that pop up are really distracting the driver, like "Service in 18 days" that I already had 10 days ago and will have during my whole trip :mad:

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Ok, danke, daher Fernbedienungsdruck.

Ich verstehe es sowieso nicht, weil der Reifendruck und die Temperatur in Ordnung aussahen.
Aber all diese Warnungen, die auftauchen, lenken den Fahrer wirklich ab, wie "Service in 18 Tagen", den ich bereits vor 10 Tagen hatte und während meiner gesamten Reise haben werde:verrückt:
image.jpg
and the winner is :ROFLMAO:
I would really hate it if a message like this popped up after an update or service. Really

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7826409
and the winner is :ROFLMAO:
I would really hate it if a message like this popped up after an update or service. Really
Interesting that that amount of time pre dates Sir Jim’s discussion at the pub about building the grenny.
Also interesting that that date is very very close to 29 Jan 2016, which google tells me is when the old defender ceased production. Coincidence much?

Back
Top Bottom