The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What gear you already have for your grenadier ?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
So riddle me this.
Is there any reason I can’t put diesel in a red plastic jerry, as long as I write Diesel on it in big letters??
I don’t think it’s actually a law, at least not in Australia, but it’s a useful convention

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
Shouldn't be a problem imo.

However, in Germany it is e.g. forbidden to put acids or toxic substances in bottles for lemonade, beer or food of any kind. Even if this is a legend (I actually don't know) you will certainly be held liable for any injury or damage caused by a mix-up.

A gross negligence thing ...

neos

Reservation Holder
Local time
2:00 PM
Reaction score
Something like this would be nice/useful: though they have one that fits already… as far as fuel is concerned, I’d prefer if someone would make a secondary switchable tank for the grenadier. I’ve heard that may be difficult due to space limitations.

IMG_1736_1080x.jpg

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
So riddle me this.
Is there any reason I can’t put diesel in a red plastic jerry, as long as I write Diesel on it in big letters??
1.You may find that the writing will disappear as soon as it comes in contact with the fuel (organic solvent and all that).
2. Many, (presumably not all), red 'plastic' jerry cans are deemed unsuitable for diesel fuel and also petrol-based 'racing' fuels because of the incompatibility of the container plastics with certain fuel additives.
I'd discovered this a few yrs ago when I bought a 6US Gal/23L red plastic 'boat' fuel tank (manufactured in Italy) from the local Aldi store for a (non-boat) project which didn't eventuate. So I thought I'd use it as the fuel tank for a DIY camper trailer which I'd fit with a diesel stove. However a careful reading of the very small print engraved on the container and a follow-up with the importer put paid to that idea as well ...
I haven't got any clarity as to which additives or what the issue with diesel is other than it "might" cause that particular container material to go "soft"...

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
1.You may find that the writing will disappear as soon as it comes in contact with the fuel (organic solvent and all that).
2. Many, (presumably not all), red 'plastic' jerry cans are deemed unsuitable for diesel fuel and also petrol-based 'racing' fuels because of the incompatibility of the container plastics with certain fuel additives.
I'd discovered this a few yrs ago when I bought a 6US Gal/23L red plastic 'boat' fuel tank (manufactured in Italy) from the local Aldi store for a (non-boat) project which didn't eventuate. So I thought I'd use it as the fuel tank for a DIY camper trailer which I'd fit with a diesel stove. However a careful reading of the very small print engraved on the container and a follow-up with the importer put paid to that idea as well ...
I haven't got any clarity as to which additives or what the issue with diesel is other than it "might" cause that particular container material to go "soft"...
There was a protocol, years ago, in the UK.
Black = diesel
Green = unleaded
Red = leaded
Red icans are very rarely seen in the UK now

My issue is what I use for the 2 stroke machines @ 50 to 1

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Something like this would be nice/useful: though they have one that fits already… as far as fuel is concerned, I’d prefer if someone would make a secondary switchable tank for the grenadier. I’ve heard that may be difficult due to space limitations.

IMG_1736_1080x.jpg
Wouldn’t want to be a rear seat passenger in a smash.. is it plastic or steel?

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thought I had all the recovery gear that I'd realistically need ... but there is always something else ... Bog Out looks pretty effective, has any one used this ?

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thought I had all the recovery gear that I'd realistically need ... but there is always something else ... Bog Out looks pretty effective, has any one used this ?
I have one but never used in anger.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
Bog outs are ok, but you can't use them unless you are going dead straight, and I mean dead straight, otherwise it comes off the wheel. Especially difficult if its muddy. You need 2 unless you have a locked diff and the anchor points for both need to be wheel width apart.
So in theory they are a great idea but practically I found them difficult to use.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have
- GME remote head UHF and aerials.
- various fixings for utility tracks
- NATO to Anderson Adaptors (made myself)
- Ctek D250SE
- 13pin round to 7pin flat trailer plug.
- a box of Deutsche DTP plugs waiting
- a panel of USB, Cigarette plug and UHF rj plug that my son will 3D print a surround for to go un the spot in front of the gear shift under the centre panel.

And I have a ton of stuff from previous that will come across like
- mesh platform that attaches to roof rails
- portable ARB compressor
- 2000w inverter
- solar blanket
- Rhino 270° awning
- LED light strips for awning

Camper trailer and tons of camping gear

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score
Just got one of these ordered:

MXT575VP4_whip-729862_300x.jpg
Midlands are good devices. I appreciate the CB radios. You can quickly tell your mates where there's a Kojack with a Kodak, with the Bird Dog is switched on.

Back
Top Bottom