The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What gear you already have for your grenadier ?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
What I had:
12V cheap tire inflator (Chinese)

• What I still want
  • tire repair kit
  • extension rope for the winch
  • good compressor (perhaps)
The cheap compressors are ok to top up one or two tyres, but if you regularly deflate for offroad then the cheap ones are very slow and overheat and cutout regularly and you Will find it extremely painful when you have to put 15+ PSI in four tyres squatting by the track. If it’s just an emergency backup fine but if it’s part of your regular 4x4 kit then definitely get a good one

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
The cheap compressors are ok to top up one or two tyres, but if you regularly deflate for offroad then the cheap ones are very slow and overheat and cutout regularly and you Will find it extremely painful when you have to put 15+ PSI in four tyres squatting by the track. If it’s just an emergency backup fine but if it’s part of your regular 4x4 kit then definitely get a good one
I agree @AnD3rew about cheap compressors. My trailers have tyre pressures of 65 and 95 psi, they can't take high pressure even when rated as such they overheat and fail.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
A little reading on duty cycling is worthwhile for those contemplate compressors
I bought a relatively cheap but powerful dual cylinder type which I modded to include a pressure cut off switch, and an adapter so it's just like the ones you use at a service station.
And I'll keep one of my smaller old backup units that served me fine in the past.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
NATO Jerry Cans

L-Track Fittings

B2353_RED.jpg

81ZN8zmfzmL._AC_SX569_PIbundle-10,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone bought the NATO socket in the UK yet.
If they have cay you link / confirm this type?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well, it’s something I’ve battled with for many years, want v need, the dog said she needed a Louis Vuitton bag charm to hang on the crate as her paws don’t allow her to carry a handbag. 🐾🤣
You can bet your life Louis never slept in a swag or indeed changed a tyre by the side of the track.
NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

Attachments

• LV20L.jpg
    LV20L.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 14

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
I have a ton of stuff that will come across, I have been 4x4ing for decades. Things I have bought specifically for the Grenadier so far
- 20m winch extension rope
- Remote head UHF radio with 2 aerials
- A few different L-track accessories to attach things to utility belt and tie down rails and play with.

I already have a ton of other recovery gear, a batwing awning, a rhino mesh platform for the cross bars. maxtrax and rear wheel carrier for them. Shovel holder that will fit on the cross bars, ARB compressor in a box, tyre repair gear, tools, first aid and fire extinguisher, handheld UHF, Spot Satellite locator, foldable solar panel and lots more.
Which UHF have you gone with?
@Krabby only the best https://www.icom-australia.com/uhfcb_ic-455.html

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone bought the NATO socket in the UK yet.
If they have cay you link / confirm this type?
Not yet but i had my eye on one . On ebay they are a bit cheaper .

And to be honest i am waiting to see if the one in the car has a twist lock ( which i think it does ) so i can buy the appropriate one .

Have an old heavy duty pair of jump cables that i will chop one end off . Or now i am thinking about it i might get to splice the nato male female in between the two clamps

Xmmmm….

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not yet but i had my eye on one . On ebay they are a bit cheaper .

And to be honest i am waiting to see if the one in the car has a twist lock ( which i think it does ) so i can buy the appropriate one .

Have an old heavy duty pair of jump cables that i will chop one end off . Or now i am thinking about it i might get to splice the nato male female in between the two clamps

Xmmmm….
Just been to quiz my agent on delivery progress and whilst there inspected the NATO plug.
Both would fit but the screw sheath HD is the one I'm going for.
I have a trailer that has a DC/DC battery system in place and don't want it pulling out whilst going along.
Going to either chop off the Anderson plug on the trailer and solder the new NATO on or more likely going to make up a NATO male to Anderson so i can swap cars without too much hassle.

Phud

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A badlands 12000 winch being shipped from USA to UK, MOD shovel or tenching tool, camping stools and TRANGIA cookers

Back
Top Bottom