The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas What -exactly- is ADAS 1 Intelligent Speed Assistance?

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
(Pg. 23 of the US brochure under "Assistance Systems")

I'm assuming, as are many others, that this is adaptive (RADAR) cruise control? Some think it's speed limit warnings based on signage or GPS? Is it both? Is it either? Does it encompass other features? Thanks!

Solution
INEOS Americas Updated Response, please disregard the previous version:

The ADAS1 for the 24MY Grenadier does not offer Adaptative Cruise Control. The system includes:
– Intelligent Speed Assistance
– Lane Departure Warning
– Automatic Emergency Braking
– Driver Drowsiness Detection

Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA) detects road signs on both the
right and left side of the road, including overhead signs, to
aid the driver with useful information.
If the speedometer speed is above the detected speed limit
on the road signs, then the ISA system will alert the driver
with both an acoustic and visual warning.
In addition, the system uses a local map database (NDS
map) to enhance system performance where speed limit
signs are not visible.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m from New Jersey. We have 2 distance - 1 atom between my bumper and yours, or, two. Depends on the weather.
I'll be in your state later this week for some service work on the Sprinter, I'll have to reprogram it's adaptive cruise to "Jersey Mode"

Vote:

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
I'm actually a big fan of adaptive cruise control. Well implemented systems that combine lane centering, adaptive cruise control and traffic sign reading is reducing the workload significantly for more boring drives on long highway stretches.
It is the one ADAS feature that i really think i would have liked. Comma AI anyone? :)

Vote:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
I'm actually a big fan of adaptive cruise control. Well implemented systems that combine lane centering, adaptive cruise control and traffic sign reading is reducing the workload significantly for more boring drives on long highway stretches.
It is the one ADAS feature that i really think i would have liked. Comma AI anyone? :)
Focussing on keeping in your lane, reading signs, adjusting your speed atec is what keeps you awake and alert.

Vote:

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Actually, this is areas I know a bit about. The tasks you outlined tends to be mundane and as a result the brain starts stereotyping, eg systematizing and simplifying information by creating schemas or links between organizations of deep memory with short term memory. This is one of the ways the brain creates efficiency or in some cases multi-tasking.

The challenge is when you get correspondence errors in the schemas, these can go undetected by the brain and that is what creates a lot of highway crashes.

There is a new wave of adas/automation systems coming to the market in the next five years. They are going to increase safety significantly, especially for mundane highway driving.

Vote:

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Actually, this is areas I know a bit about. The tasks you outlined tends to be mundane and as a result the brain starts stereotyping, eg systematizing and simplifying information by creating schemas or links between organizations of deep memory with short term memory. This is one of the ways the brain creates efficiency or in some cases multi-tasking.

The challenge is when you get correspondence errors in the schemas, these can go undetected by the brain and that is what creates a lot of highway crashes.

The attribution of the adjective "mundane" to the highly dangerous task of operating a multi-ton machine at high speed (or any speed really) in a shared space is a severe mischaracterization.

Such a glaring error of judgement by those driving the nation's roads is either evidence of unsatisfactory mental acuity or blatant disregard for human life. My opinion is that driving tests should likely involve hours-long tasks at multiple speeds and through varied urban, suburban, and rural environments to ascertain what degree of driving privileges shall be awarded afterward. Such testing should probably be repeated at various intervals with the aim of the operator ultimately being an accident-free driving record. No one wants this level of oversight so no one here need worry.

There is a new wave of adas/automation systems coming to the market in the next five years. They are going to increase safety significantly, especially for mundane highway driving.

With self driving cars the end result.

Vote:

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes the US is huge compared to little old Australia.
Not so much when compared to Africa or South America

View attachment 7827720View attachment 7827721View attachment 7827722
Overlays without road networks are pretty useless. Six of the ten longest roads in the world are in the Americas, and I barely give Australia credit - all they did was draw a circle. That's like mapping I5, I20, I95 & I40 around the USA.

There is no other road network in the world that compares with the US Interstate System.
1698688814259.png
1698689104393.png
1698689120131.png

Vote:

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score

Sounds interesting; are you able to say what the new systems due on the market soon will be?

Vote:

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Super bummed to hear the Nannies are coming with the IG. Was super stoked to think I was getting away from having to turn thirteen useless systems off every time I get going.

Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Super bummed to hear the Nannies are coming with the IG. Was super stoked to think I was getting away from having to turn thirteen useless systems off every time I get going.
Well it's only 4, and really it isn't even 4 "nannies" to turn off. Thank the global governments for mandating them

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom