The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
No.. it isn't meant to be Altitude.
Altitude would have little meaning unless in a plane or falling off a cliff

Altitude or height is a distance measurement, usually in the vertical or "up" direction, between a reference datum and a point or object. The exact definition and reference datum varies according to the context (e.g., aviation, geometry, geographical survey, sport, or atmospheric pressure). Although the term altitude is commonly used to mean the height above sea level of a location, in geography the term elevation is often preferred for this usage.
Attitude shows Altitude but also pitch, roll, etc etc
View attachment 7829509
Altitude v Elevation v Attitude
Altitude is generally measured by a pressure instrument. For aircraft, at low altitude, the instrument is adjusted to compensate for the local atmospheric pressure at sea level. Altitude is referenced to mean sea level.
Elevation is determined by surveyors, and is referenced to mean sea level. It is much more accurate than altitude.
Attitude, only refers to pitch (lateral axis) and roll (longitudinal axis), with reference to the horizontal plan.

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If your car isn't listed , you send the template (they send you brown paper) to the company and they cut the mats.
The pictured examples are from my wife's car.
Keen to see what they send back. Thanks for doing this. Nothing for the footrest part? Did you template all seating

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
Altitude v Elevation v Attitude
Altitude is generally measured by a pressure instrument. For aircraft, at low altitude, the instrument is adjusted to compensate for the local atmospheric pressure at sea level. Altitude is referenced to mean sea level.
Elevation is determined by surveyors, and is referenced to mean sea level. It is much more accurate than altitude.
Attitude, only refers to pitch (lateral axis) and roll (longitudinal axis), with reference to the horizontal plan.
also I thought Altitude was for if you are in the air and Elevation if you still had feet on terra firma

mind you, high elevation mountaineer or high elevation sickness doesn't sound right

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
This morning I got my Grenadier back from the supplying dealer after the software update and a 1st year service, (early I know, but much later than I wanted to; if I had a manual and an easy source of parts, it would have been done at about 5k).

Sorting the doorseals was a complete bust, the seal they had was for the inner seal, my truck needed 3 outer seals, so I still have the casual 'boot/step washer'. They have found the drivers footwell leak, the drains for the safari roof were not installed correctly and have been rectified. I need to leave the floor bungs out on a dry day to get rid of the sloshing noises.

The software was updated, but getting the second key to work this morning was a pain; it took 20 minutes when it should have taken 2.

The most useful thing I got from this morning was the service schedule, scanned and appended below. The stray bong count is down to minimal levels and I have no "crying wolf" from the sensors.

Attachments

• Ineos Grenadier Service Schedule.pdf
    115.6 KB · Views: 88

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Think you could get or upload a high res version of that? It certainly needs to be archived and in the resource section.
This morning I got my Grenadier back from the supplying dealer after the software update and a 1st year service, (early I know, but much later than I wanted to; if I had a manual and an easy source of parts, it would have been done at about 5k).

Sorting the doorseals was a complete bust, the seal they had was for the inner seal, my truck needed 3 outer seals, so I still have the casual 'boot/step washer'. They have found the drivers footwell leak, the drains for the safari roof were not installed correctly and have been rectified. I need to leave the floor bungs out on a dry day to get rid of the sloshing noises.

The software was updated, but getting the second key to work this morning was a pain; it took 20 minutes when it should have taken 2.

The most useful thing I got from this morning was the service schedule, scanned and appended below. The stray bong count is down to minimal levels and I have no "crying wolf" from the sensors.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
So the gift for the Gren was a wrapped small rear door and red A's (previously supplied by Mook). The bonnet and rear wheel cover ones applied by moi and the rear door one by the wrapper.

Top work by Frankie at Nuh Designs in Crawley. Really tiptop. http://www.nuhdesign.co.uk/faqs.html

Not sure how long the one on the rear cover will hold.

Since IA included the wrapping rear door originally I always wanted it done to match my Inky Black roof. So pulled my finger out. Same with the red A's.

Attachments

• IMG_9884.jpeg
    IMG_9884.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_9885.jpeg
    IMG_9885.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9886.jpeg
    IMG_9886.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_9887.jpeg
    IMG_9887.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Keen to see what they send back. Thanks for doing this. Nothing for the footrest part? Did you template all seating
Didn't do the footrest as the mats are thick. I might add some thin rubber to the rest to protect the plastic from wear and tear.
Did all 4 footwells.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Grip tape on the sliders (they are useable in soft shoes , not that I need to use the sliders (grab the gutter and leap in) , others might though). Also on the bottom 3 rungs of the ladder, which is otherwise very slippery when wet.
And installed the 270 awning. Still got enough clearance for my work car park (y)

Attachments

• 20231014_092436.jpg
    20231014_092436.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 20231014_092420.jpg
    20231014_092420.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 20231014_092400.jpg
    20231014_092400.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 105

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bridle Track and an overnight camp to bring up 1000kms. Everything running in nicely, with the exception of a rogue hose clip rattling noisily against the forward drive shaft. Things could do with a bit of a tidy up underneath before hitting the spinifex.

IMG_0975.jpeg

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Now that Chandlers think they have fixed the water ingress into the driver's footwell, I thought I had better investigate the sloshing sounds coming from the floor when I accelerate or brake. Lifting the rubber mats and the moulding flooring exposed about a cupfull of water in the footwells on the offside, that seems to be flowing forwards and back, under the front seat.

Grenadier footwells - 2.jpeg
The front footwell had the most water in, but as you can see here it is not a huge amount and the drain is really in the wrong place. A sponge and a hot air gun was used to dry the floor out and the flooring and mats were replaced.

Grenadier footwells - 1.jpeg
The rear footwell was much the same, including the drain in a dumb place. You can see here that the bung's roll pin is making a bid for freedom, (on the cill).

A test drive after the mats were all put back demonstrated less slooshing, but still more than I want. I guess I need to dry it out more than once, as water is trapped in more inaccessable places. I checked the passenger, (nearside), footwell; bone dry, which my wife finds very funny, the LR110 used to drip on her, the Grenadier drips on me!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
Now that Chandlers think they have fixed the water ingress into the driver's footwell, I thought I had better investigate the sloshing sounds coming from the floor when I accelerate or brake. Lifting the rubber mats and the moulding flooring exposed about a cupfull of water in the footwells on the offside, that seems to be flowing forwards and back, under the front seat.

View attachment 7829784
The front footwell had the most water in, but as you can see here it is not a huge amount and the drain is really in the wrong place. A sponge and a hot air gun was used to dry the floor out and the flooring and mats were replaced.

View attachment 7829783
The rear footwell was much the same, including the drain in a dumb place. You can see here that the bung's roll pin is making a bid for freedom, (on the cill).

A test drive after the mats were all put back demonstrated less slooshing, but still more than I want. I guess I need to dry it out more than once, as water is trapped in more inaccessable places. I checked the passenger, (nearside), footwell; bone dry, which my wife finds very funny, the LR110 used to drip on her, the Grenadier drips on me!
The pin of the drain plug getting lost is a known problem, Ineos should do something about it.

I think I was the first (but this isn't important) to report it somewhere end of May on this forum. Small problem, but for Ineos not important enough? :unsure:

Reactions: PBD

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7829784
I also had this little issue and attended to it likewise.
Not sure how how easy it would be to remove the carpet, if one had that option.
I replaced that silly rollpin in the drain plug with R pins

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bridle Track and an overnight camp to bring up 1000kms. Everything running in nicely, with the exception of a rogue hose clip rattling noisily against the forward drive shaft. Things could do with a bit of a tidy up underneath before hitting the spinifex.

View attachment 7829765
Great stuff!!👍 It's on my bucket list 😄
Is there any directive, official or otherwise, on the direction of travel.. i.e. does one start only at the Northern end... looks very narrow esp. the corner just ahead!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great stuff!!👍 It's on my bucket list 😄
Is there any directive, official or otherwise, on the direction of travel.. i.e. does one start only at the Northern end... looks very narrow esp. the corner just ahead!
No, it’s Rafferty’s Rules @DenisM. There are several elevated narrow sections and a couple of little overhangs that might trouble a wide canopy. But yes, someone might need to back up a bit if the timing doesn’t work out.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A quick video from a 4WD training day I attended on Saturday, with thanks to The 4WD Association of NSW & ACT and the team from Getabout Training Services.

With warm wishes to @Max and @DaBull. 🙂

View: https://youtu.be/A0B-6EnYJj8?si=8ttMttkpdJD7pDPc
Thanks for producing and posting this Michael. I did a similar course a few years ago with my wife also as a course participant to build her skills up in case she ever needs to drive us out if I am injured or incapacitated. It's made her quite a good spotter.

That DPF regeneration comes on at the most inconvenient times. Happened to me last week for the first time in quite a while. Came on just as I was pulling into the service station. I got some odd looks from others, and a guy that was servicing a bowser asked me if everything was ok. Yes mate, it's just my hover-car :rolleyes:

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
I continued to build on my Grenadier. Now he is ready for several days of travel.

Attachments

• MN_Greny_011.jpg
    MN_Greny_011.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 317
  • MN_Greny_012.jpg
    MN_Greny_012.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 240
  • MN_Greny_013.jpg
    MN_Greny_013.jpg
    703.2 KB · Views: 229
Back
Top Bottom