The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:50 PM
Reaction score
I know I am posting in the wrong thread, but I didn’t find the thread “what did you do with your Grenadier yesterday”.
Maybe stuff like this, appropriately titled should be going in the technical /maintenance section? It's good info & photos that tends to get lost in general threads and then is impossible to find again at a later date.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know I am posting in the wrong thread, but I didn’t find the thread “what did you do with your Grenadier yesterday”.

So, yesterday I showed to my son the water draining caps in the floor and suddenly all the pieces fell apart. A small axle fell somewhere, probably in the grass. I tried to “fish” it with a strong magnet, with 4 eyes, to avail!

Then I took out the other cap at the drivers’ side, to see how that axle looked, and saw this some hollow metallic piece, probably aluminium.

Therefore I had to do my first repair: I replaced the axle by a nail!
View attachment 7813050
In my day a rubber grommet sufficed. Progress??

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In my day a rubber grommet sufficed. Progress??
The larger the grommet, the harder it is to keep it in place. I don't really think of grommets as removeable, in the sense these drain plugs are designed to be on, possibly on a frequent basis.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:50 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I will try with an USB stick.
@Jean Mercier ...it may not only be the music file format, but also the format of the storage medium: The HDD in the iPod has most probably been formatted FAT32, not NTFS . The iPod HDD also has a max size probably of 128 or 256Gb. The Ineos audio system isn't the top of the range :( (otherwise they wouldn't offer a "premium"system in the USA spec)...many systems in this category are capped in their ability to read file storage media greater than 256Gb and require a FAT32 format.
So... check the USB is FAT32 format and 256Gb or less total capacity... ;)

PS glad you arrived safely in Hungary! enjoy your visit!(y)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier ...it may not only be the music file format, but also the format of the storage medium: The HDD in the iPod has most probably been formatted FAT32, not NTFS . The iPod HDD also has a max size probably of 128 or 256Gb. The Ineos audio system isn't the top of the range :( (otherwise they wouldn't offer a "premium"system in the USA spec)...many systems in this category are capped in their ability to read file storage media greater than 256Gb and require a FAT32 format.
So... check the USB is FAT32 format and 256Gb or less total capacity... ;)

PS glad you arrived safely in Hungary! enjoy your visit!(y)
I already could solve the problem, but posted my solution in a new thread yesterday: "Connecting a USB-A stick or drive to the infotainment screen"
But thanks for the suggestions. (y)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe stuff like this, appropriately titled should be going in the technical /maintenance section? It's good info & photos that tends to get lost in general threads and then is impossible to find again at a later date.
You are right, I have posted it again with some text editing in the technical section.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I got a WhatsApp message that my car is ready to collect. Three hours later (2 1/2 hours to drive) I arrived at my dealer. He hadn’t time to wash the car which is totally ok, as I took him more or less in surprise 😀
The car is great and drives like a dream. Some minor vibration at around 120 km/h
Consumption was about 10,8 litres/100 km.
Rural roads and a few km of Autobahn (mostly around 120 km/h)
The driving feels like watching a movie about someone is driving. Very relaxed!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
Driving Jim Carrey GIF by Morgan Creek

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mostly collected labels shedding from the vehicle like autumn leaves...

Do the WEEE Directives apply to vehicle manufacturers here?

I think we need a thread and a map like Ineos have for customers, for all the labels and all the countries involved in Grenadier production?

WP_20230523_012.jpgWP_20230523_027.jpg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mostly collected labels shedding from the vehicle like autumn leaves...

Do the WEEE Directives apply to vehicle manufacturers here?

I think we need a thread and a map like Ineos have for customers, for all the labels and all the countries involved in Grenadier production?

View attachment 7813306
Just showed it to my son sitting next to me on the couch in Hungary, he is half Brazilian :love:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
20230522_184708.jpg
As requested! Diesel magic mushroom 5 seat utility. No photo does this colour justice IMHO. It's so multilayered, going from brown, to grey to sandy depending on the light.

Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7813407
As requested! Diesel magic mushroom 5 seat utility. No photo does this colour justice IMHO. It's so multilayered, going from brown, to grey to sandy depending on the light.
Looks awesome. If I do end up getting a Gren (jury is out) i will probably go with magic mushroom as well. And likely get some red accent wraps just like IA had in many of the promo pics.

Back
Top Bottom