The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
Got my badges and forum paraphernalia attached. A little crooked in the back I think but perhaps for good measure :)

A big thank-you to Stu and Krabby for creating a wonderful community for owners. Having been an admin on the airstream forum I can appreciate how much work it takes to put a great forum together and manage things.

Attachments

• IMG_1202.jpeg
    IMG_1202.jpeg
    349.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1201.jpeg
    IMG_1201.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
At this rate the “Grenadier spotted” thread will become the “forum medallion spotted”.

Could it become like train spotting with members keeping records of member numbers and where they spotted them 😂

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
I'm curious. Do you guys put a clear coat on the medallion before you put them on the vehicle? I figure sun (and especially on an outside mount) carwashes would wreak havoc with them?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm curious. Do you guys put a clear coat on the medallion before you put them on the vehicle? I figure sun (and especially on an outside mount) carwashes would wreak havoc with them?
No, I'm not going to do anything. For me, it's absolutely fine if the badge gets patina.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
Hi Jonathon & Hannah, Thanks for the info on the Clevershade Ultra Light 270 and your install. I am also installing a 3/4 Leitner Design Rack in the next week of so.
Once you get your Leitner Rack installed let me know what brackets you use to install the Clevershade. I am hoping I can find a way to install it so I can easily take it on and off as I am not sure the Clevershade will clear my garage door opening. Any photos would be helpful. You travels are so inspirational and you travel tips are beautifully detailled. John Eash aka DaBull
Following.. already had a Clevershade 270 ultralight, great awning about 16kg thereabouts, have been waiting for a rack and the Leitner looks yo be the one... just need to sort getting one to Aus unless someone here already has them available. 😀

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Following.. already had a Clevershade 270 ultralight, great awning about 16kg thereabouts, have been waiting for a rack and the Leitner looks yo be the one... just need to sort getting one to Aus unless someone here already has them available. 😀
Not yet but I’m aware that a couple of parties are interested. I’ll discuss with Leitner when we’re there in June if noone has got to them first.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jonathon & Hannah, Thanks for the info on the Clevershade Ultra Light 270 and your install. I am also installing a 3/4 Leitner Design Rack in the next week of so.
Once you get your Leitner Rack installed let me know what brackets you use to install the Clevershade. I am hoping I can find a way to install it so I can easily take it on and off as I am not sure the Clevershade will clear my garage door opening. Any photos would be helpful. You travels are so inspirational and you travel tips are beautifully detailled. John Eash aka DaBull
Thanks, John. I believe the Leitner features tracks that will accept the same hardware as Rhino/Yakima/Frontrunner, in which case the Rhino Rack mounting kit should work fine. We’ll hit California in June and will confirm if another forum member hasn’t done so before then.

Regardless the Clevershade is easily and quickly removed, and at 16kg or so it’s a job for one person (a bit of height helps).

You’ll see in the earlier photo that the awning attaches to a piece of aluminium billet about 30cm in length - this slots into the track you see attached to the roof bar/rack, and is retained with a screw/clamp fitting. Loosen the clamp and wiggle the billet free to remove the awning.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am back home after the shake down trip. Things went well, engine running nicely, spare rim is all good and most of the electrical work is now done. I need to adjust the CLEVERSHADE 270 awning to make it work properly and I will revise my drawers and water tank after seeing the deeper drawers at XHQ. They go in after Easter.

A couple of minor issues with the car, the passenger footwell circuit is not working, the driver’s door latch is catching or the door has dropped and the Start/Stop feature does not work properly.

No alerts post the electrical work, the solar panel is working and the only remaining electrical goodies to be installed are the ARB Twin compressor and a USB charge point on the Lightforce Fascia Panel near the driver.

I am now over 4,000 kilometers, the CLEVERSHADE awning and rooftop solar panel has not resulted in much increase in fuel use or noise. There was some minor whistling, caused by the solar panel, which seems to have gone away. The motor settling in and the extra drag almost cancelled each other out. I am getting around 11.7 to 11.8 litres per 100 km traveling at 100 to 110 kph.

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
Thanks, John. I believe the Leitner features tracks that will accept the same hardware as Rhino/Yakima/Frontrunner, in which case the Rhino Rack mounting kit should work fine. We’ll hit California in June and will confirm if another forum member hasn’t done so before then.

Regardless the Clevershade is easily and quickly removed, and at 16kg or so it’s a job for one person (a bit of height helps).

You’ll see in the earlier photo that the awning attaches to a piece of aluminium billet about 30cm in length - this slots into the track you see attached to the roof bar/rack, and is retained with a screw/clamp fitting. Loosen the clamp and wiggle the billet free to remove the awning.
Hi Jonathan and Hannah, Thanks again for the info. Looking forward to getting my Leitner Rack installed in the next week. I am first having my Grenadier Roof wrapped in Xpel Stealth Mat/Satin PPF Film to protect it since it will be a bit harder to clean under the rack once I put it on. I am having Wrap Labs in Westlake California do the job. The film is twice the thickness of most wraps and is guaranteed from Xpel for 10 years.
It comes in clear or mat/satin. I am also getting the front driver and passenger windows tinted a bit darker and a light tint added to the safari windows too. I am picking it up from Wrap Labs on Monday. Say Hi to Bernard at Leitner for me. John Eash aka DaBull

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@TheDocAUS my driver door wasn't 100% , and ill fitting doors really get on my goat!
But it's easy and satisfying to fix.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday we were back at Böblingen MotorWorld. Between the Pagani, McLaren, Lamborghini and Maserati showrooms is the German headquarters of INEOS Automotive. Unfortunately, I was too late this time and didn't meet anyone. Unfortunately, everything in the INEOS showroom was dark except for a lamp at the desk. The only Grenadier in black on display was barely noticeable. Outside there were 2 prototype vehicles (PT01, PT03), one of which was a right-hand drive. One vehicle had a badge beneath the windscreen which I have at least not yet seen live (I`ve got my Trialmaster badge).
If you are ever in the neighbourhood and are interested in cars, you should take a look at MotorWorld. We have had events here in the past, including Land Rover. Maybe in the future with INEOS Grenadier. Who knows? I've suggested it several times in conversations.
And if 1 day isn't enough, you can spend the night in the V8 Hotel.

Attachments

• IMG_3651.jpg
    IMG_3651.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3655.jpg
    IMG_3655.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3664.jpg
    IMG_3664.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3658.jpg
    IMG_3658.jpg
    649.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3668.jpg
    IMG_3668.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 95

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score
Today I mounted my bike securely. The brackets on offer were clearly too expensive for me.
Heute habe ich mein Fahrrad stabil befestigt. Die angebotenen Halter waren mir einfach zu teuer.
Hi Pauli, were did you purchase the snug fitting floor mat?
Hallo Pauli, wo hast du die passgenaue Bodenmatte gekauft?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Today Maria and I went to the National Outdoor Expo at the NEC, with free tickets from Ineos Automotive. Still an expensive place to go as we bought a posh waterproof coat for Maria and some collapsible stools.

I'm not sure that Ineos marketing has really worked out what to do with Grenadier owners, the invitation talked about having a test drive and a good look around the Station wagon and the Quartermaster. Anyway, some pictures:

View attachment gren Outdoor Show - 1.jpeg
View attachment gren Outdoor Show - 4.jpegView attachment gren Outdoor Show - 5.jpeg

Latitude, the roof tent people had a stand with a Grenadier fitted with a MaxTraxx kitchen insert; lovely but pricey.

View attachment gren Outdoor Show - 6.jpeg

View attachment gren Outdoor Show - 7.jpeg
View attachment gren Outdoor Show - 8.jpegView attachment gren Outdoor Show - 9.jpeg

Attachments

• gren Outdoor Show - 7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Today Maria and I went to the National Outdoor Expo at the NEC, with free tickets from Ineos Automotive. Still an expensive place to go as we bought a posh waterproof coat for Maria and some collapsible stools.

I'm not sure that Ineos marketing has really worked out what to do with Grenadier owners, the invitation talked about having a test drive and a good look around the Station wagon and the Quartermaster. Anyway, some pictures:

View attachment 7849483
View attachment 7849485View attachment 7849486

Latitude, the roof tent people had a stand with a Grenadier fitted with a MaxTraxx kitchen insert; lovely but pricey.

View attachment 7849487

View attachment 7849489
View attachment 7849490View attachment 7849491
Nice gear! And lovely wheels on that Gren too!

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom