The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
Today I checked the rubbers of the doors to see if they are still in their position.

But, to my dismay I found out that my dealer made two cuts in the rubbers of every door to avoid the "waterfall" problem when opening the doors. I wasn't aware, they didn't ask me, they just did it! 🤬 . I would have refused!
View attachment 7849046
Decided to check mine today prompted by your post. I have two nice cut small semi-circles cut in the door seals. Courtesy of Ineos at build. My serial no 7601. So we can assume they don't have a fix.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
I’ve had my vehicle 7 months now and had never had the ‘foot wash’ problem on opening the doors until just lately, and on the driver’s door only. The one and only thing that appears to have changed is that the driver’s door seal has lift away from the door on the front lower corner. Therefore I believe that seals should not have to be cut if they are securely stuck to the door to eliminate this problem.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
I’ve had my vehicle 7 months now and had never had the ‘foot wash’ problem on opening the doors until just lately, and on the driver’s door only. The one and only thing that appears to have changed is that the driver’s door seal has lift away from the door on the front lower corner. Therefore I believe that seals should not have to be cut if they are securely stuck to the door to eliminate this problem.
That's exactly how it is! My seals are firmly attached everywhere. They hold tight. I tell my workshop every time I'm there, just keep your hands off.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's not much but I had the front aux lights tinted with a 50% smoke tint. They match the headlights now. Also had 35% ceramic tint installed on the front windows, they perfectly match the rear tints.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 3.35.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 3.35.12 PM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 108

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's not much but I had the front aux lights tinted with a 50% smoke tint. They match the headlights now. Also had 35% ceramic tint installed on the front windows, they perfectly match the rear tints.
It almost looks like my forest.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Minor mod today - airline tracks installed on the rear lid to hold stuff down.

20240323_101848.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@globalgregors that's where my extinguishers live. I say plural , as there is nothing worse than someone standing back and telling you what and how to do in the heat of the moment!
Let's hope she can find her fireproof gloves 😉

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi globalgregors,
Nice looking set up.
What brand shade and size or model are you using?
Does it primarily attach to the rear cross bar?
DaBull
It’s a 4m Clevershade Ultralight 270 @DaBull

Yes, it’s designed actually for a rack installation but as you see it’s no problem installing it to roof bars, with some minor modifications.

We’ll move it across to a Leitner rack in due course.

IMG_1577.jpeg

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Yes, it’s designed actually for a rack installation but as you see it’s no problem installing it to roof bars, with some minor modifications.

View attachment 7849307
And it is upside down compared to mine on a Pioneer Platform.

I see your drawers are done.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And it is upside down compared to mine on a Pioneer Platform.

I see your drawers are done.
Yes, good pickup.

We fitted it while it was wrapped and I confess I was too lazy to fix it as it all comes off again tomorrow.

Iggy won’t enter our garage with the roof bars on….

The team at ORS kindly found us an early build slot so that we might make our shipping date. Drawers are just what we were after.

Edit: After closer inspection the awning appears to have been assembled incorrectly. It really will need to wait until tomorrow…
Edit2: Axle was reversed, 2 minute fix if that.

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7849307
Hi Jonathon & Hannah, Thanks for the info on the Clevershade Ultra Light 270 and your install. I am also installing a 3/4 Leitner Design Rack in the next week of so.
Once you get your Leitner Rack installed let me know what brackets you use to install the Clevershade. I am hoping I can find a way to install it so I can easily take it on and off as I am not sure the Clevershade will clear my garage door opening. Any photos would be helpful. You travels are so inspirational and you travel tips are beautifully detailled. John Eash aka DaBull

Back
Top Bottom